AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
tons of French music oldies from 40, 50 until now.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer Whiz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: tons of French music oldies from 40, 50 until now. Reply with quote

Hi There:

I thought I would forward this message to you all.

Sorry it's in French, but I was writing to my sisters, but I think that most of you are French litterate. My apologies to those who don't speak French.

Basically I found a site where you can listen to tons of French (and English) songs. I was able to find songs that I was looking for at least 20 years (no kidding).

You can download the song(s) for a fee. However you can get it free, if you can capture it. You choose to listen to it and then capture (record) it while listening, using a Capture program (like the one listed below).

J'ai trouvé ce site ou vous pouvez écouter pratiquement toutes les chansons Francaises (et Anglaises) depuis Tino Rossi (au moins) jusqu'a nos jours. Le Répertoire est espoutouflant. Par exemple, Enrico Macias doit avoir au moins 200 chansons dessus.

J'ai pu trouver 2 versions de "Cette Lettre Là" de Sylvie Vartan. (J'avais jusqu'a maintenant un vieux 45 tours), Noels de La Bas d'Enrico Macias, Les Villes de Grande Solitude de Sardou, Comment Ne Pas Être Amoureux de Vous de Dave, Les Mal Aimés d'Adamo.

Bien Sur ils n'ont pas tout.. Par exemple pas de Amoureux de Vous Madame, ou Ma Reine de Saba (Laurent).... Mais a part ca, j'ai trouve tout ce que je voulais.

Vous pouvez bien sur les télécharger, mais il faut payer....

http://www.musicme.com

Le truc, si vous voulez la chanson (gratuit), c'est d'enregistrer pendant que vous l'écoutez. (capture, not download).

Pour ca, vous devez avoir un Capture programme,

Si vous n'en avez pas un, un qui est "free" sur le Net

http://www.sound-recorder.biz/download.html

Just download, install it, and fire it up. Reglez le volume.

Et choisissez MP3 au lieu de WAV (meilleure qualité mais 10 fois plus de place). N'oubliez pas de set RECORDING MIXER sur "STEREO (ou MONO) MIX"

Ouvrez les 2 fenêtres (MusicMe et Sound Recorder) côte a côte.

Pour Enregistrer, press "RECORD" quand la chanson commence (en cliquant sur la chanson pour ecouter), et press "STOP" quand c'est fini.

Le truc c'est de cliquer sur la chanson, et tout de suite sur RECORD, sinon vous pouvez manquer les premières notes. Pour être sur, vaut mieux (peut être) de cliques sur RECORD d'abord, puis sur la chanson (auquel cas, il y aura 1, 2 secondes de "vide" avant que la chanson commence). Enfin, faites l'expérience pour voir quelle methode vous convient le mieux.

Le seul ennui, c'est que la chanson est en real time, alors parfois, a cause de la connexion, vous pouvez avoir un "trou" (silence au milieu de la chanson) si la connexion n'est pas bonnẹ Auquel cas il n'y a qu'a recommencer.

N'oubliez pas OU vous avez sauvegardé la chanson, et de lui re-donner un nom (le nom par defaut est Audio.MP3 ou quelquechose comme cà).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Oh goodie!! Reply with quote

Oh this is so great, Ngoc Hoang!

Thank you a million times! Hearts
Computer Whiz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 updates:

First, you cannot listen (I think) to a song 3 times in a row.

Second, when you got a "hole" (silence) in a middle of a song, it is better to look for the same title under another album.. For instance (I am making it up), Tombe La Neige has a "hole" under Adamo: Ses Plus Grands Succes, then try Tombe La Neige under Adamo: Les annees 60.

Third: some of you might not be able to hear anything at all. It is (mostly) be because you do not have Flash 9 intalled. In which case check at the bottom of the window: You might see DONE (or PAGE LOADED) BUT WITH ERROR. Then look at the right at the page It might say that you don't have Flash and to click on a link to DL/install Flash. Then do it, and it should be fine.

Fourth: It costs about 10 Euros/ a month to download, so some of you might find that it is more convenient to pay and download instead of going through the hassle of trying to capture the song.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hey man, this is real cool!

Thanks for the links and the tips. You're the best Smurfy musical Smurf ever! super grin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Xi`Trum wrote:

Thanks for the links and the tips. You're the best Smurfy musical Smurf ever! super grin

I second that! Or third it. Great site, NH! ten
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Angelina wrote:
Xi`Trum wrote:

I second that! Or third it. Great site, NH! ten

Thanks from me too. very happy
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Other sites for French and VN songs Reply with quote

I'd seen these very useful links (Thanks, Little Brother!) but hadn't really explored them before. The MusicMe site is great! I've downloaded the SoundRecorder but haven't tried it yet.

But I'd also like to recommend two other sites, one for French songs, the other for VN songs, both dating back from at least the 60's or even 50's or earlier.

The French one is http://www.musicselection.110mb.com/fr2/page000.html
This is for sentimental/romantic songs, you'll find links to other types of songs once you're there. This one also has the lyrics with it (though they are not always accurate; it was obviously done by someone who knew French only 80% well - but I wouldn't want to denigrate her in any way, she did a splendid job.)

The VN music link is
http://www.musicselection.110mb.com/ntc2/home2.html

I don't know whether the SoundRecorder will work with those, but I don't see why not, if it works with one site it should work with the other.

Happy listening!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Problem... Reply with quote

I don't know... Yesterday and the day before I had no trouble listening to the songs online. But today, every time I try, they ask me to register. When I do, I get the message that I can't because I'm not logging in from France itself (I guess they can tell by the IP). This is very frustrating... I finally downloaded the SoundRecorder, and it's working fine - but I can't access the music files to record them. very upset

Can anyone suggest a solution? This is very frustrating.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Quand Vietnam s'appelait Indochine Reply with quote

Above-mentioned problem solved - Momentarily, I guess, but 1) my brother managed to open and account for me, but 2) It seems I didn't really need it after all because now, for some reason, I can listen again without registering, and I've been recording ("capturing" or downloading, however you want to call it) several songs. The sound quality isn't very good, though. And quite by chance, looking for something else, I came across this song by Anne Vanderlove, called "Quand Vietnam s'appelait Indochine". Here's the link, hopefully it will work for you.

Quand VN s'appelait Indochine
Computer Whiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Another sound recording site Reply with quote

If your Sound Recorder doesn't work right (hiccups, terrible sound quality), try this other site for Cool Record: http://coolrecordedit.com/coolrecordeditdeluxe.html

Download the "Trial" Version. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: