AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Airbus A380
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Le Saigonnais



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 894
Location: Saigon, Sud Vietnam

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pemberley wrote:
LS, i read Seed's piece and it doesn't seem like he's spreading hate or is bias. He's just noting what Boeing's strategy is relative to AirBus's. I don't think it either criticizes AirBus nor builds up Boeing.

Just my 2 dong.


Pem,

The guy is a right wing nutcase who has a problem relating with European people. If you follow his posts as much as I do, you would discover that much of what he said about Europe was based on ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and plain imposture. Occasionally he would throw in a rhetorical distraction like the article above just to throw unsuspecting readers such as yourself off track.

What you could do for him is to remind him that the United States is not the only COUNTRY on the planet who knows how to build airplanes and that if he is an egocentric maniac then maybe he should go live in some deserted islands and leave the rest of the world alone.
_________________
Ta đã trở "nại" , "nợi" hại gấp trăm "nần"...!
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Seed



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he is crazy and he cannot read. What's a wonderful combination!

Here is another wonderful word from dictionary.com. Enjoy.

par·a·noi·a

1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.
_________________
**********************
*"Ultima Ratio Liberarum"*
**********************

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Pols_R_Us



Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 2606
Location: Wherever

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Debate Reply with quote

This debate on this and other threads is getting to be a personal fight between Seed and LS, and it's getting tiresome.

Pem's right, I don't think Seed is a "right-wing nutcase", in fact he's been giving some balanced opinions, sometimes going against his bosses at the Dept of Defense. LS seems to be letting his feelings cloud his judgment and the way he reads Seed's posts.

Dudes, I wish you would stop the personal attacks and stick to reasonable and sensible arguments. Calling each other names ain't getting us nowhere. We don't learn anything from it, worse it's distracting attention from the real discussion. We get so tired of you guys trading insults that we don't read your posts any more. Regrettable fact because sometimes what you say, when it has to do with substance and leads to a real debate, is worth reading.
_________________
satisfied content
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Seed



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pols_R_Us

My apology but this guy deserve what he get. And I enjoy making fun of him. It is not his politic that is the issue here, it is his obnoxious and abrasive personality. If anyone disagree with him, he insults and demeans that person. He seem to think too highly of himself. According to him, he is an expert in every subject imaginable and veryone else should just applaud him mindlessly.

Can you show me that he ever graciously accept opinion different from his? I challenge you to find one single incident when he did not insult people who disagree with him. Di MC, who agreed with him most of the time; the first time she disagreed with him, he lashed out at her.

As I said before I have no problem with his politic; it is cool if he disagree with me. You disagree with me 95% of the time. Yet you and I are cordial and friendly. Why is that? It is because of his personality - or the lack thereof.
_________________
**********************
*"Ultima Ratio Liberarum"*
**********************

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Le Saigonnais



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 894
Location: Saigon, Sud Vietnam

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seed wrote:
Pols_R_Us

My apology but this guy deserve what he get. And I enjoy making fun of him. It is not his politic that is the issue here, it is his obnoxious and abrasive personality. If anyone disagree with him, he insults and demeans that person. He seem to think too highly of himself. According to him, he is an expert in every subject imaginable and veryone else should just applaud him mindlessly.

Can you show me that he ever graciously accept opinion different from his? I challenge you to find one single incident when he did not insult people who disagree with him. Di MC, who agreed with him most of the time; the first time she disagreed with him, he lashed out at her.

As I said before I have no problem with his politic; it is cool if he disagree with me. You disagree with me 95% of the time. Yet you and I are cordial and friendly. Why is that? It is because of his personality - or the lack thereof.



Why would you find that odd? Reading your posts is like going into the bathroom and discovering the last person didn't flush.
_________________
Ta đã trở "nại" , "nợi" hại gấp trăm "nần"...!
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Le Saigonnais



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 894
Location: Saigon, Sud Vietnam

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seed wrote:
So he is crazy and he cannot read. What's a wonderful combination!

Here is another wonderful word from dictionary.com. Enjoy.

par·a·noi·a

1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.


Crazy is a person who thinks invading and killing Iraqis for 911 payback and who supports the moron that sold the idea to the American public and who hates the Europeans so much that he articulates that prejudice with pride and joy. Maybe people are sick of your CONSTANT, UNRELENTING, UNREPENTANT ABUSE OF THE ENTIRE BOARD.

It's funny how he has no knowledge about the issues, yet professed to be an expert on the aerospace field to write an "intelligent" blog to express his opinions. Yet he is blind/dumb to the point of not realizing that Airbus has captured a lucrative new market in which the Europeans have no competitors--in long haul flights. Get sobber, pleazzzz...There is a good reason why Airbus is eating Boeing's lunch...The French and German aerospace workers are no lazy socialists... Airbus is just a more innovative and less hidebound company than BOIENGOOO.....get it?
_________________
Ta đã trở "nại" , "nợi" hại gấp trăm "nần"...!
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Pols_R_Us



Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 2606
Location: Wherever

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Blogs Reply with quote

Maybe you two dudes should take your personal fight to Seed's blog super grin

I saw some responses there that would make LS's blood boil - then it would be a free-for-all on a US military guy blog. That should be fun Twisted Evil

In the meanwhille, X and WF would get their wish of keeping their site "clean" wink
_________________
satisfied content
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Seed



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 1659

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above posts illustrate that he is crazy. Despite the fact that no one read my post see any any criticism of Airbus or promotion of Boeing, he somehow see it. Even after people have pointed out the obvious facts to him.

Paranoid delusional indeed. And who is being abusive here?

I wonder if there is other hidden issue here. People who are sexually impotent tend to be irrationally angry.
_________________
**********************
*"Ultima Ratio Liberarum"*
**********************

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Wildflower



Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 6851
Location: Shuttling between France and the US

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: One - or two - occurrences Reply with quote

Seed wrote:
Can you show me that he ever graciously accept opinion different from his? I challenge you to find one single incident when he did not insult people who disagree with him. Di MC, who agreed with him most of the time; the first time she disagreed with him, he lashed out at her.


Since I'm named in this, let me respond to it Very Happy

While it is true that Le Saigonnais lashed out at me recently (and you, Seed, called him out on it, thank you), I do recall a couple of occurrences when he admitted to being wrong (yes, yes, shocking, I know) wink It was back when we were all on VS. Once, he quoted something that he attributed to Napoléon, when it was actually Louis XIV who had said it, and made some other little error about French history. When I corrected him, he admitted graciously that he was "múa búa qua mắt thợ" acknowledging that I knew more than him about French history.

And the very first time I joined a discussion site, it was on VS in response to Bé Cu*ng's query about books on Vietnamese women and the life in VN before 1975, something like that. She needed it for a paper at school. Doan Du as he was known then came in complaining that all VN women who got known or achieved some kind of success in America were more often than not prostitutes and/or low-class women. When I pointed out that neither Lan Cao (General Cao Van Viên's daughter and author of "Monkey Bridge") nor Mai Elliott (author of "The Sacred Willow", that was a runner-up for a Pulitzer price) - nor, for that matter, myself - fitted the description, DD responded "I stand corrected". That was the start of our special relationship (we discovered a lot of things in common) and friendship.

I tend never to forget a kindness, like I never forget an insult - ultimately, I look at the balance, and if the plusses are more than the minuses then I stick with the person. If it's the other way round, then the person ceases to exist for me. Right now, Le Saigonnais's balance with me is positive - though, as you have seen, I don't hesitate to call him out if he steps out of line.

Seed wrote:
I wonder if there is other hidden issue here. People who are sexually impotent tend to be irrationally angry.

Talking of which, Seed, I don't think it's a good idea to take your exchange of insults (though both of you seem in a strange way to enjoy it) into the realm of sexual capabilities. You've hurled enough bad names at each other, let's not go into such slippery and muddy territory, ok? Thanks.
_________________
My Most Prestigious Award wink
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Le Saigonnais



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 894
Location: Saigon, Sud Vietnam

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I saw some responses there that would make LS's blood boil - then it would be a free-for-all on a US military guy blog. That should be fun



Why would those idiotic responses make my blood boil? Those people are what's wrong with America - stupid, lazy, anti-intellectual, incurious and absolutely lacking any moral sense whatsoever.

At no point in their rambling, incoherent responses were even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

I wish the following link make them open their eyes and cry 'em out.

A380 order confirmation:

149 firm orders (including 27 freighters) by January 2005. Airbus has forecast a market for approx 1235 airliners of 400 seats and above through to 2020. First deliveries in early 2006.

www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=29
_________________
Ta đã trở "nại" , "nợi" hại gấp trăm "nần"...!
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group