AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Football Fight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hurray for the Winners! Reply with quote

Di`,

Your bashing of the Italians, fans and players, starts to look cheap and petty.
Very Happy

Believe me, I had some sympathy for the French, especially that penalty kick. But the Italians have done nothing wrong but played a great game. Unless somebody pulled a Zidan, he'd be alright on the green very happy
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Sigh... Reply with quote

X, where's your sense of humor? Lost in the game? Rolling Eyes

Besides, I wasn't the one who compared the Italians to the Slytherin, nor made comments about their play-acting. And Inkling7 isn't even French! So she's more objective than me, and still thinks the same thing.

Spaniards played a great game. It's true the French didn't play well, and had the bad luck to have Ribéry injured in the first 7 minutes. But of course, since the French lost the game, their supporters are mad. France and Italy have a long history of "friendly" (sort of) rivalry. And we are supporting whoever beats the Italians if it's not us.

I would appreciate it if you avoided using words like "cheap" and petty" on a public post. They are unnecessarily insulting, and what was written was nothing of the kind, it was tongue-in-cheek. On another site, those would already have been edited out.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Where in the bloody hell is your sense of humour and what in the hell is your sex? Looks female or is the pic on behalf of a sexist male???

I'm female and I made the comment about the Italians and the eating of slugs - which it appears they did....

BTW before you get the chance to call me and evil witch/bitch - they rhyme if you noticed - well I am so watch out for curses and bitching. I AM a first class bitch BTW so call me petty or whatever but nobody except some Italians can deny that if there was any Oscars awarded for overacting on the futbal field then the Italians would win it hands down - in the Euro Cup at least. They have always been a very expressive people you can't deny that. However good food, wine, culture and scenery and I think I might forgive - a little... seeing they are now out of Euro and shouldn't have won the last World Cup - typical Slytherin cheating if you ask me.....
LostInTranslation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Whoa! Reply with quote

Calm down, people! peace

May I quote the Admin on "How to have a pleasant discussion"? Here:

2) Show respect for each other
    If you disagree, argue with the idea, don't attack the person(s). Some people have known to do that when they couldn't counter an argument. Try not to do it.

3) Any topic that becomes too "hot" will be moved to the War Room. This is a legitimate forum for blowing off steam. It's open to all registered members. There is nothing wrong about posting in it if you feel strongly about something and are in disagreement with other members. The choice is strictly yours.

4) Really foul language (if not first caught by the automatic word censor), serious personal insults and unprovoked attacks will be edited out and/or moved to the War Room. The absolutely unacceptable posts will be committed to the Void, which only Admins and Mods can see.

5) If you have a personal bone to pick with someone, member, mod or admin but don't want to use the War Room, it's a better idea to PM them than to post unpleasant exchanges for all to see. That's actually what the War Room was created for.

X's name-calling was totally unwarranted, and Wildflower showed a lot of restraint not editing the personal insults out or sending the post to the War Room. It added nothing to the commentary about the EuroCup. What's with you, X? You lost not only your sense of humor but your sense of proportion. What is "petty" and "cheap" in calling the Italians "cocky"? That's what they are! That, and serious Oscar contenders for acting injured.

Shall we get back to football, futbol or Le Foot that Americans mistakenly call "soccer"? Tomorrow is the first semi-final, should be something to see!

So which team are each of you rooting for? And NO name-calling of each other, please! If X could control himself? And Inkling7, no one called you a witch or a bitch. I agree with you on futbol, so let's stay on that and leave personalities out of the discussion. Very Happy

BTW, Inkling7, X is a male. He's showing his taste and liking for good-looking, lightly-clad and patriotic females in his avatar. wink Talking of which, X, you used to change avatars quite often. Do you like this one so much, you've had the same for months now. shameless grin

Let the next post be all about football, now, OK guys and gals? Smile
X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha looks like I touched some raw nerves.

Touche on "sense of humor" super grin Very Happy
LostInTranslation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Pot Calling Kettle Black Reply with quote

X wrote:

Touche on "sense of humor" super grin Very Happy

Raw nerves seem to be yours. bleh Incapable of seeing when you go wrong and off-board, aren't you?

I see no mention of football in your post. Will you please stick to topic? Either that or go to the War Room for your "petty" name-calling. Comprende?

Next off-topic post or bickering post will be moved straight to the War Room.

Don't say you weren't fairly warned.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said anyone called me bitch/witch - I said before they get the chance to.

Anyway enough of that and back to the futbal. It will be interesting to see who makes the finals. Maybe Germany and Russia? I would like to see the underdogs do great things though - just to make it interesting.

Now about Wimbledon - anyone been following the tennis?
Hedwig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Suy Bung Ta... Reply with quote

X wrote:

Raw nerves touched here are those of a Harry Potter hater who sees mentions of Harry Potter characters and games in his beloved soccer.

I'll bet you anything that X doesn't even know what Slytherin is, or why Slytherin was so aptly compared to the Italian players. But he knew it must be bad, so he was mad and hit back, and hit low. Then he takes the "high road" and talks about raw nerves. Did you notice, he often does that when the argument involves Harry Potter in some way? He did the same thing in the Entertainment HP threads. Very revealing, I'd think. shameless grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The War Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: