AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Welcome to My Parlor!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Welcome to My Parlor! Reply with quote

"Walk into my parlor", said the spider... wink

Walk in, chat, and have fun, folks!
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: I walked in... Reply with quote

Now, can I have a cup of tea, please? Thank you. Very Happy
Kitikat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: I walked in... Reply with quote

Visitor wrote:

Here you are.

Anything else we can get you?
Fly Flying In

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I walked in... Reply with quote

Kitikat wrote:
Visitor wrote:

Here you are.

Anything else we can get you?

Thanks. Excellent tea. Now how about we discuss something like Sexual Politics and Semantics like two of the members are doing in the Politix Forum? Wink
Observer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I walked in... I saw... I read Reply with quote

Fly Flying In wrote:
Now how about we discuss something like Sexual Politics and Semantics like two of the members are doing in the Politix Forum? Wink

That discussion became so hot it was moved to the War Room! bleh
Sirius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Strange flies came in Reply with quote

Supposedly the Admins opened this subforum to attract spammers so they could ban their IPs. Seems like we caught a different type of fly entirely. Mostly CoS flies. wink

Ah, to be a fly on the wall when people are discussing you! uhh!
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: No More Unregistered "Flies" Reply with quote

Sirius wrote:
Supposedly the Admins opened this subforum to attract spammers so they could ban their IPs. Seems like we caught a different type of fly entirely. Mostly CoS flies. wink

You're right, Sirius, we made this a Public subforum in the hope that spammers would post here, reveal their IPs, and we could ban them, being sure they were spammers instead of banning genuine members by mistake. Well, it didn't work out that way. In the couple of years this subforum's been up, there's been something like 3 or 4 spammers caught this way. Laughing

Some "guests" have abused the possiblity of posting without registering. It will no longer be possible from now on. Like the rest of AV, this subforum is now for registered members only.

Guests may read the posts, but they may not post themselves unless they register.

Quote:
Ah, to be a fly on the wall when people are discussing you! uhh!

That "fly on the wall" thing is a double-edged sword. I remember when he first came in Lani didn't want certain posts or threads to be visible only to members of certain usergroups. I humoured him and left everything public. He (and everyone else) could read everything, and they got more than they bargained for. Ah well. Live and learn. Confused

BTW, we still don't have usergroups (the equivalent of Social Groups on CoS) but I'm considering the possibility. Maybe I'll do something about it once I'm back from France, I'm leaving next week and won't be back until mid-July. I'll still come in here, though, but I won't have as much time for Admin duties. bleh
twinsrule26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Hello all! Reply with quote

Hello all . I'm fresh caught new . I look forward to learning the ropes in here .
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hello all! Reply with quote

twinsrule26 wrote:
Hello all . I'm fresh caught new . I look forward to learning the ropes in here .

And a very warm welcome to you, my friend!! wave hello goodbye

The ropes aren't difficult to learn, they're pretty much the same in every chat site. Our rules are less strict and our Mods more easy-going than certain other sites wink , that's all! Very Happy
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Welcome to our newest member! Reply with quote

I am very pleased to announce that a friend I made on the DarkMark has decided to join us and wish to extend a very warm to Mr.Watch and wish him a happy stay here with us.

By the way, Twins, you wrote
Quote:
Hello all . I'm fresh caught new . I look forward to learning the ropes in here
and then you disappeared before posting even 10 messages! Where did you Disapparate to? confused
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to our newest member! Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
I am very pleased to announce that a friend I made on the DarkMark has decided to join us and wish to extend a very warm to Mr.Watch and wish him a happy stay here with us.

Any new member is welcome, and doubly so if he or she is a Harry Potter fan! So, to Mr. Watch. super grin

BTW, what exactly do you watch? wonder
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Where are the other Welcome messages? Reply with quote

I remember seeing a lot more Welcome messages than these... Where did they all go, or were they posted elsewhere? confused
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Where are the other Welcome messages? Reply with quote

The Shuttle wrote:
I remember seeing a lot more Welcome messages than these... Where did they all go, or were they posted elsewhere? confused

They're scattered all over the place. The present thread here is more visible because it's a "sticky" and stays on top of the page. But there are welcome messages in the Meet and Greet Pub, in this subforum a little farther down (where we were welcoming the BSG fans) and sometimes following the new member's first post.

We're not very well-organized as far as sorting out Welcome messages are concerned. super grin
AvenueViet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: The Parlor has been renamed Reply with quote

This sub-forum has lost its original purpose. It has somehow become the rallying point for Harry Potter fans. The Admins therefore decided to rename it L'Avenue Harry Potter, one of the main thoroughfares in the Potterverse! Very Happy
MollyWobbles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Parlor has been renamed Reply with quote

AvenueViet wrote:
This sub-forum has lost its original purpose. It has somehow become the rallying point for Harry Potter fans. The Admins therefore decided to rename it L'Avenue Harry Potter, one of the main thoroughfares in the Potterverse! Very Happy

What an excellent idea! ten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: