AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Happy Anniversary - Financial Report

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Happy Anniversary - Financial Report Reply with quote

We're nearing our third anniversary, guys and gals. Our server has been bugging us by phone and by e-mail to renew. It's not exactly cheap. So any contribution is welcome. Even as little as $5.00 per member will help - oh and for our European friends, we do accept euros - especially at the current exchange rate! super grin

So, if you want to contribute, please pledge it here, or send a PM to Administrator, AvenueViet or LadyDragon, or e-mail us at AvenueViet@AvenueViet.com, Administrator@AvenueViet.com or AvenueViet@yahoo.com.

E-mails have also been sent to you all, via the automated list of users.

Hope to hear from you!

The Admin Group

Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
mimosa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Count me in Reply with quote

I'm sending you a check. Smile
Janine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Count me in Reply with quote

mimosa wrote:
I'm sending you a check. Smile

Me2 - if you'll e-mail me the address where to send it to. Very Happy
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Thank you, people! Reply with quote

A very very big thank you for the people who responded so quickly to our Fund Raising call. Especially prompt were Seed, Minisinoo, Pols, XP, Mimosa and Janine. love

A special thanks is due to Max, who originally put out the funds for the server subscription.

Actually I got a check from Seed this morning. A check so generous that I sent two thirds of the amount back, it was much too much for a single member.

I'd like to make it clear, we are not trying to make money out of the site. We are trying to keep it afloat, and to build a sense of community (like we did years ago when we all pitched in to send a present to our-then youngest member when she was in hospital) - which is why a small amount from each of our active members means a lot to the whole site.

So - please keep it coming. Thanks to the people who made a pledge or contributed. The others, hope to hear from you. Very Happy
Xi`Trum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Me too, me too! Reply with quote

Me 2 (or 3, or 4, or 5, whichever). Pls count me in. Just give me an address to send $$ to.
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: New Anniversary is Here! Reply with quote

I realized just now... We're 3 years and 1 day old - and still going!

Viva Us!! Music Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday, dear AV
Happy Birthday to us Music
And, hopefully, many happy returns!

Cake balloons
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Happy to Report Reply with quote

Fund-Raising Operation was successful. Yay! clap

Thanks to your generosity, we now are assured of Internet service to AvenueViet for the next two years.

Special thanks to our most generous contributors, Seed, Mimosa and Minisinoo and to our "banker", Max. Big thanks also to the "small" contributors who sent in what they could afford or what they thought this community was worth to them.

People who continued posting regularly are also assured of our appreciation.

This is all about building a sense of community, solidarity and friendship on-line and sometimes in RL too, since some of us have become good friends outside the web. hug

This very satisfying result is a sign of the success of this site, small as it is, and for that, our gratitude goes to each and everyone of you. Thank you again. Hearts
Janine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Excellent news! Reply with quote

LadyDragon wrote:
Fund-Raising Operation was successful. Yay! clap

Thanks to your generosity, we now are assured of Internet service to AvenueViet for the next two years.

It's wonderful to hear that! This forum was called "An on-line community" when it first started. So glad to see that it still IS a community, and that we'll be able to go on chatting on very diverses subjects for two more years. ten

A general big hug to all!
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Excellent news! Reply with quote

Janine wrote:

It's wonderful to hear that! This forum was called "An on-line community" when it first started. So glad to see that it still IS a community, and that we'll be able to go on chatting on very diverses subjects for two more years. ten

I have even better news: Thanks to recently received contributions, we now have more money than we paid out for the server. Yay! very happy

Since the goal is not for the Admins to make money out of the site, the extra money will be held in trust against next time we have to renew the server subscription.

Once again, thank you a million, one and all. Let me borrow Janine's cool smilie for a collective hug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: