AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
What if Cedric Diggory didn't die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: So tell us.... Reply with quote

Bérénice wrote:
Last I read was that clff-hanger when Cedric and Hermione are surrounded by a band of Death Eaters who took away their wands and threatened to Cruciate Hermione then Obliviate her if Cedric doesn't tell them all he knows about the Order of the Phoenix.

They're trapped, with no way of escaping or calling for help. So, how do they get out of that, to say the least, sticky situation? confused

The DEs took their wands away but left Hermione's cell phone in her bag (as usual they underestimated, or didn't understand, Muggle technology), so she surreptitiously activated it. Her parents, who were with Cedric's mother, were able to listen to the whole conversation, and Cedric's mother, along with Tonks and some other members of the Order of the Phoenix showed up in the nick of time.

I can send you the PDF file if you like. I promised not to post it, but since "Lady Erin" on LJ is e-mailing it to anyone who asks her - which is really very nice of her - I won't be breaking any promise if I e-mail it to you. Very Happy
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: The end of the story Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
I can send you the PDF file if you like. I promised not to post it, but since "Lady Erin" on LJ is e-mailing it to anyone who asks her - which is really very nice of her - I won't be breaking any promise if I e-mail it to you. Very Happy

Could you send me a copy too, please? Thanks! Hoa/Flower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Add me to the list! Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Wildflower wrote:

Could you send me a copy too, please? Thanks! Hoa/Flower

Please add me to the list, this sounds irresistibly intriguing!
Asteria

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Could I get a copy? Reply with quote

Hey, this sounds pretty interesting. I don't often read fan fics but this one sounds very elaborate and worth a read.

Where can I get a copy?
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Fan fics Reply with quote

You can ask Wildflower to send you the link to Minisinoo's series, or you can look for it on-line. It's "published" on two different sites - I don't remember their names, but if you Google "Minisinoo" and/or "Finding Himself" or "Dulce et Decorum Est", you'll get links to the relevant sites. She wrote tons of fan fics, not only about the Potterverse, there's some Twilight fics too, as well as some X-Men fics.

Though Minisinoo's fan fics are outstanding, some others are very good also. Try "Stealing Harry" or "Sirius, you're a good dog but your far away from home". The latter is a cross-universe HP/Serenity-Firefly and it's a hoot. I don't remember the writers' name, but just googling the title should be enough. Since you're also on CoS, try their several subforums and threads, including the "Last Author Standing" contest. There are some excellent pieces in there, some of which have been copied here.

Good luck, and good reading!!
Bérénice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: So tell us.... Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
I can send you the PDF file if you like. I promised not to post it, but "Lady Erin" on LJ is e-mailing it to anyone who asks her - which is really very nice of her.

The file is much too big to e-mail, as you may have found out. The maximum either g-mail or AOL or anyone else will take is 25 MB, and that file is over 52 MB. It has ALL of Minisinoo's fan fics.

The only way to get it is through this link (which is the one Lady Erin e-mails to people who ask - she wouldn't be able to e-mail the PDF files themselves either.)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5DSJ4XAU

Happy reading! Very Happy
Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Worth reading and re-reading Reply with quote

I'm just posting this to bring this thread back up on top of the page.

We were discussing Cedric Diggory and Hufflepuff House in the Google Group, and I kept referring to Minisinoo's "parallel canon" series, it's only fair that I make that series available to those who haven't read it yet. See the link that Bérénice gave in the post just above this one.

Minisinoo meant to write three books, paralleling Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. She only got through the first two, then RL intervened and she dropped fan-fic writing, to the everlasting regret of her fans. She also dropped out of this forum and I've barely seen her on LiveJournal either, but I did see some comments of hers about Ancient History, so she's alive and well somewhere. End of digression.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I can't recommend this series enough, especially the first book, "Finding Himself". Not only to Cedric, Hufflepuff House and Hermione fans, but to any HP fans. The books are well-researched, well-written (she had a Brit editor check her style so it comes out Brit and not American English) and she adheres to canon as much as possible, the major deviation from that being, of course, that Cedric didn't die in the graveyard but lived on to help Harry in his fight against Umbridge, the Ministry of Magic, and Voldemort. Another big change is that he and Hermione pair off.

Interestingly enough, she makes Cedric's mother a cousin of Lucius Malfoy and a Slytherin - a good one, however. Cool
Lost Elf

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: The Diggorys' House Elf Reply with quote

I like the Strawberry, the House Elf who dotes on Cedric in that fan fic! super grin

This could lead to identity crisis!
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Cedric's Return! Reply with quote

Seems like he's returning in "The Cursed Child"!

I just started reading the book, so don't know too much about it yet. Will comment on it in the appropriate thread, but I thought it fun to bring this one back up from years ago...
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Cedric Diggory Reply with quote

You won't like what they made him....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: