AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
What if Cedric Diggory didn't die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonRiver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Actually, the next chapter is up! Reply with quote

Quote:
"Ha" indeed. The message above was posted on August 9th. "Next weekend" has long come and gone, today is Sept. 24th. People haven't forgotten, and they'd really like to know how the Charlie thing resolves. Where are you, Minisinoo? wonder

Actually, the "Royal Festival Hall" chapter has been up for a little while, Minisinoo just never found the time to put it up here. I had to go to her LiveJournal page to find it.

Here's the link - Happy reading! Very Happy

Royal Festival Hall
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Waiting for Dulce Et... 's next chapter Reply with quote

Just posting this to bring this thread back up to the top. I don't know where Minisinoo has disappeared, she promised the next chapter, to end the suspense over the cliff-hanger she ended "Royal Festival Hall" with very quickly, and put us out of our misery, but there hasn't been any news from her in months - just a few pictures posted on LiveJournal. I hope she's all right. Pale sigh
Lily_Chérie

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Where's Minisinoo? Reply with quote

Reading Hogwarts Houses Divided had made me hungrier for the end of Dulce Et Decorum Est. Minisinoo left us with a hold-your-breath, edge-of-your-seat cliff hanger. When is she going to put us out of our misery? confused
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's Minisinoo? Reply with quote

Lily_Chérie wrote:
Reading Hogwarts Houses Divided had made me hungrier for the end of Dulce Et Decorum Est. Minisinoo left us with a hold-your-breath, edge-of-your-seat cliff hanger. When is she going to put us out of our misery? confused

I have no idea where Minisinoo is. I see that she's on-line on Yahoo from time to time, but she doesn't answer e-mails, and I haven't taken the time to chase her by going into LiveJournal.

Let's just hope that, now that the school year has ended, both she and her little boy will be on vacation and that we'll finally know how Cedric and Hermione get out of that very sticky situation with the Death Eaters.
Cedric

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Minisinoo's cliff-hanger Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Lily_Chérie wrote:

I have no idea where Minisinoo is. I see that she's on-line on Yahoo from time to time, but she doesn't answer e-mails, and I haven't taken the time to chase her by going into LiveJournal.

Let's just hope that, now that the school year has ended, both she and her little boy will be on vacation and that we'll finally know how Cedric and Hermione get out of that very sticky situation with the Death Eaters.

That's too bad. Can you "chase" her on her LiveJournal account and give her a little nudge?

I, too, would dearly like to know how my namesake got out of that sticky situation with the Death Eaters holding Hermione hostage agains his betraying the Order of the Phoenix's secrets. I have no doubt the "cavalry" will get there in time, but who, in what form, and how will they do it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: What's happened?? Reply with quote

What happened to Minisinoo's fan fics??? confused

I had in mind to re-read some of them, and clicked on the links in the opening post. None of the links works like they used to, you just find yourself redirected to a Google page.

Minisinoo herself hasn't been around for months if not years. I hope nothing untowards happened to her? Does anyone know anything? Can anyone contact her? I would like to know how she resolved that cliff-hanger at the end of the last chapter she posted in Dulce et Decorum Est!!! How cruel of her to leave us hanging like that!!! very upset
Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: What happened... Reply with quote

... is that Minisinoo moved her stuff, from The Medicine Wheel to another site.

I found the links to Finding Himself and Dulce Et Decorum Est and have edited the opening post to replace the old links. The other stuff I haven't had time to look for yet.

These are the new links for FH and DeDE:

Finding himself

Dulce et Decorum Est

Mind you, I haven't found a way to read the stuff yet, so I don't know whether she ever finished DeDE or not. All those acronyms are Greek to me.

I'll try to contact Minisinoo on her Live Journal account, she doesn't respond to e-mails any more. I have no idea what's going on. Will report on it when I do find out.

ETA - I went to LiveJournal and found out a few things:
1. Minisinoo closed The Medicine Wheel website, where all her fan fics were posted.

2. She did finish Dulce et... last June and put it up - except I haven't found a way to read it yet, let alone post it.

3. Her latest post on LiveJournal dates back to June. Since then, she seems to have dropped off the end of the Earth. I've left some desperate messages both on her LJ account and on her e-mail. We'll see if anything comes of it.

4. All we can do now is hope that she'll respond and put us out of our misery.

ETA2 - OK I found a link to the first chapter of Dulce et... It doesn't have the pictures, but it does have the text. I guess that by typing Chapter 2, etc., you can get to the rest of the story.

Dulce et... Chap.1

I don't have time to look any further tonight, but will keep you all posted.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Minisinoo's (temporary) Goodbye Reply with quote

Thanks to Min's friends and fans on LiveJournal, I managed to get the bulk of her work, including the ending of "Dulce et Decorum Est", which I'd been longing for, for maybe a year now. OK, now I've read the last chapter that Min wrote. She meant to write two more, but time ran out on her.

I promised not to post the version I got here on AV until I get Min's permission. I'm still looking for other, non-protected-by-a-promise versions. Meanwhile, I think I can safely post her afterword:

Dulce's intended ending:
As I explain on my Live Journal, I'm retiring from fanfic writing, at least for now, although I'm not disappearing fromt he internet entirely, nor will my fiction disappear on archives, etc. But a number of reasons have led to a decision to bow out of fanfic, at least for now. Dulce is/was all but complete, and certainly all the truly original (non-canon) matters have been covered now and resolved/introduced. The last two chapters would simply have detailed the battle at Hogwarts from the point of view of Hermione, as well as Dumbledore's funeral through Cedric's eyes. Essential events wouldn't change -- Dumbledore still dies, Snape still kills him, and Draco Malfoy still escapes with Snape. Harry still has the locket, which turns out to be a fake.

The only significant difference in this version is that Jeff (and Scott) will fight with the relief force of Aurors, and the Carrows wouldn't be present. Jeff has a unique ability. He's also a shape-changer, but out of a different tradition. He calls himself the "Bear's Child." When he transforms, he becomes a giant grizzly. His presence at the battle will alter the outcome with Bill. He takes on Greyback, preventing Bill from being mauled quite so badly. Bill is still scratched, mind, but not as much, and Greyback is seriously hurt, although he survives. Greyback's scratches have no effect on Jeff.

Also of note -- unlike in the Battle at the Ministry -- Cedric does not go with the Aurors to Hogwarts Castle. He waits. He's learned to recognize his realistic limits, and that means not trying to fight unless he has to. Once upon a time, I had delusions (*grin*) of carrying the story all the way to the end of book 7, but that would require a time commitment that I just don't have. I'd wanted to show the war from the OTHER side ... those who (like Cedric) didn't go with the trio but had to watch and wait and wonder what Harry was up to. Was the Boy who Lived still alive? Cedric would become part of Lee and the Weasley twins' Underground Radio, so it would have shown a slightly different aspect of the war.

The biggest change I'd have introduced would simply be the knowledge brought by non-British wizards. While I understand JKR's choice to focus on British magic, I've always wanted to give a sense of the wider magical world -- so there's India-Indian magic (thanks to the Patil twins' brother Anu), Romany (Gypsy) magic (via friends of Viktor), Native American magic (from Jeff), Jewish magic (remember little Rose Zeller?), and Chinese magic (thanks to Cho). It becomes a greater world endeavor, and at the end, new respect is forged between these different magical traditions.

After the war, Cedric will go on to become one of Shacklebolt's most trusted junior advisors, and eventually fulfills his wish to become the Ministry's ambassador to Canada and to Canada's First Nations. Hermione will work for the Ministry, forming more just legislation regarding the status of Magical Creatures. They have three children: Gwynn, Ian, and Isabelle. Gwynn becomes a Healer, but one with Muggle training in medical school as well as lessons from his Uncle Jeff in native healing (Jeff, who you met in this chapter). You can catch a little view of their future in "I Hope You Dance," if you've not read it already. (There's also a slightly naughty little piece called "Yellow Plastic," but it's rated quite adult.)

Thanks to my readers for coming along with me on this lengthy AU ride. It's been fun, letting Cedric survive and seeing how that might change things, while still keeping the plot (mostly) the same.

Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: My own comment Reply with quote

This "parallel series" of Min's is my all-time favourite piece of fan fic.

Not only wink because Cedric survives, but because of the skill and talent of the writer, and her conscientiousness about getting things right (like someone dealing with a handicap in everyday life, be it in the wizarding or the muggle world) - and also because of the different point of view. Min is American Indian (Miami Peoria to be precise) and she brings an ethnic minority group's pov to the story. I also like the way she incorporates magical skills other than the British/European ones (like First Nations', Chinese, Gypsy's,etc.), as she says in her afterword.

I cannot recommend the series enough. I'll go on trying to find a link one can read on directly without going to the lengths "Lady-Erin" (who was kind enough to send me her enormous file of Min's works) and I have. Believe me, you're in for a really awesome reading experience. Very Happy
Bérénice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: So tell us.... Reply with quote

Last I read was that clff-hanger when Cedric and Hermione are surrounded by a band of Death Eaters who took away their wands and threatened to Cruciate Hermione then Obliviate her if Cedric doesn't tell them all he knows about the Order of the Phoenix.

They're trapped, with no way of escaping or calling for help. So, how do they get out of that, to say the least, sticky situation? confused
Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: