AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Argument on Veterans' Day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Beautiful poem Reply with quote

In consideration to Seed's feelings, I'm moving my post to another thread.

Last edited by Xuân Phong on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Digusting Comment Reply with quote

Xuan Phong,

With all due respect, you are not a veteran. I am. So you do not speak for me, and you do not speak for other veterans. Even I would not dare to speak for other veterans.

I would appreciate if you leave politic out of Veteran Day for once. This is what I find most disgusting about liberals. No day is sacred for them - using any oppoturnity to push their politic. The whole post is offensive. I am genuinely pissed off. Who the hell are you to tell us what poem is appropriate and what is not? Who died and made you Ayatollah?

Trust me, I am being very polite and constraint right now. I could use much harsher words, words that actually match my real sentiment. Very Mad

Supporting the troops by shutting up on Veteran Day. It is just one day. The next day you can go back to promoting your position all you want. I have great respect for Webb. Despite his opinion on the war, he said nothing about the war other than honoring the troops on Veteran Day. ten You have a lot to learn from him. I expect much better from you. one I cannot believe you just ruin Max thoughtful post.

PS: Do not take my lack of respond to your comment on political points as conceding. I simply refuse to comment on politic on the thread honoring Veteran Day.

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Hey-Oh! Calm down, buddy Reply with quote

Gee whiz, buddy, calm down! I was making a comment, not casting aspersions on you veterans. On the contrary, I was expressing my sympathy for their tragedy. And I have a perfect right to my opinion about the appropriateness of any poem to any situation.

Since it bothers you so much, I'll just move my post somewhere else, and wait until tomorrow to post it. Didn't realize you were so touchy!
Seed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey-Oh! Calm down, buddy Reply with quote

Xuân Phong wrote:
Gee whiz, buddy, calm down! I was making a comment, not casting aspersions on you veterans. On the contrary, I was expressing my sympathy for their tragedy. And I have a perfect right to my opinion about the appropriateness of any poem to any situation.

Since it bothers you so much, I'll just move my post somewhere else, and wait until tomorrow to post it. Didn't realize you were so touchy!

If you cannot see why your comment was beyond the pale, I have nothing else to say. There are comments that on special times and places that are not appropriated. There are things people do not say at Wedding or Funeral.

Of course you are free to express any opinions - to include inappropriate comments at Wedding, Funeral, Memorial Day, or Veteran Day. People do it all the time (I just did not expect not from you). Just do not expect others to condone it. And do not be suprise if people react the way I did.

And the "expressing sympathy" is very thing that make me most disgusted about liberals. It is condescending and patronizing. Take your sympathy somewhere else. I don't want it.

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Let it rest, guys! Reply with quote

Seed, first of all I'd like to tell you that I do appreciate your restraint, which is remarkable considering how angry you are. But do note that XP withdrew his comments and all but apologized. I'm sure he didn't mean to be condescending.

Anyway, you yourself discussed politics on Veterans' Day too, and said unkind things about Democrats in the other forum. So don't be so self-righteous. XP made a mistake posting his comments on this particular thread, he took them back, let that be the end of it.

Please don't contribute any further to the ruination of Veterans' Day, both of you. There's only two minutes left of it on the East Coast anyway. You can go back to bickering tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The War Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: