AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
A Mediterranean Union

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: A Mediterranean Union Reply with quote

Sarkozy was in Morocco yesterday, which should please Saigonnais. super grin

He followed up on one of his campaign promises to establish a Mediterranean Union that would unite Africa (North and North-Eastern) with Europe. No America in that Union. So much for "poodle", Saigonnais must mix up Sarko and Blair - who Sarko is supporting for the European Presidency btw, but considering Blair's patent support of W, and the UK staying out or the Euro zone, I doubt that he's very popular with the rest of Europe.

Last week the NY Times had an editorial very critical of the DNA tests for immigrants to France, plus the requirement that any would-be immigrant speaks at least a minimum of French, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.

As to DNA, it has nothing to do with "purity of the race", it's to insure that the kids and other "relatives" that any immigrant in France wants to join him or her are really members of his or her family. Doesn't matter whether they're Arab, African or Eastern European, it's not a question of race, it's a question of family ties. The NY Times got it all wrong, but that's not overly surprising. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Pols_R_Us on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Illegal Immigration Reply with quote

Different slant on this matter, nothing to do with DNA.

A couple of months ago, two French women of North African descent drove to London for a pre-wedding shopping (one of them was getting married the following week). They put their car downstairs on the ferryboat, went updeck, came back for their car and drove off. Except border police at Dover stopped and searched the car and found 2 Chinese illegal immigrants in the trunk.

Both girls were arrested and held in prison for smuggling illegal immigrants, though they protested they had no idea the two Chinese had sneaked into their trunk. The wedding had to be put off. You can imagine what a stink the bridegroom raised, but to no avail, the Brits wanted to "make an example".

They chose their case badly. It was so obvious the two girls were innocent. They were acquitted today after months in prison, and the wedding of one of them screwed up, and both their jobs too. Sometimes the Brits don't show the sense of a 10-year old. Rolling Eyes

Ah, that's what having a prime minister who is Bush's poodle does to you. As to Saigonnais calling Sarko a poodle... He's as bad as Seed claiming the outcome of a war is decided by important defeats, not final victories. Too bad they're not talking to each other, they're so perfectly suited as far as pig-headedness is concerned and deserve each other. Twisted Evil
Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A Mediterranean Union and a Green Summit Reply with quote

Pols_R_Us wrote:

He was back in Paris today, to greet Al Gore and European personalities at the concluding session of la Grenelle de l'Environnement.

La "Grenelle de l'Environnement", or Environmental Summit, ended today with a much-applauded speech by President Sarkozy, which got the endorsement of even the Green Party. One of the proposals is to surtax imports from countries which did not sign the Kyoto Protocol - Hmmm... who can that be? Je ne vise personne, suivez mon regard à travers l'Atlantique.

Neither a Mediterrranean Union nor an extra tax on countries who can't curb their green house gases emissions is going to be very popular with our American friends.

So much for ignorant people who think Sarkozy is a Bush follower. super grin (Je ne vise personne là non plus, heheheheh.)
Vent et poussière

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: A Mediterranean Union Reply with quote

Pols_R_Us wrote:

He followed up on one of his campaign promises to establish a Mediterranean Union that would unite Africa (North and North-Eastern) with Europe. No America in that Union. So much for "poodle", Saigonnais must mix up Sarko and Blair - who Sarko is supporting for the European Presidency btw, but considering Blair's patent support of W, and the UK staying out or the Euro zone, I doubt that he's very popular with the rest of Europe.

Last week the NY Times had an editorial very critical of the DNA tests for immigrants to France, plus the requirement that any would-be immigrant speaks at least a minimum of French, which sounds pretty reasonable to me.

As to DNA, it has nothing to do with "purity of the race", it's to insure that the kids and other "relatives" that any immigrant in France wants to join him or her are really members of his or her family. Doesn't matter whether they're Arab, African or Eastern European, it's not a question of race, it's a question of family ties. The NY Times got it all wrong, but that's not overly surprising. Rolling Eyes

So he is really macho to you...Where the hell is his Rabat Fire Dept t-shirt? And no jogging in the streets of Tangiers? Morrocco ain't Algeria...Duh..
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: A Mediterranean Union and a Green Summit Reply with quote

Annamite_en_France wrote:
Pols_R_Us wrote:

He was back in Paris today, to greet Al Gore and European personalities at the concluding session of la Grenelle de l'Environnement.

La "Grenelle de l'Environnement", or Environmental Summit, ended today with a much-applauded speech by President Sarkozy, which got the endorsement of even the Green Party. One of the proposals is to surtax imports from countries which did not sign the Kyoto Protocol - Hmmm... who can that be? Je ne vise personne, suivez mon regard à travers l'Atlantique.

Neither a Mediterrranean Union nor an extra tax on countries who can't curb their green house gases emissions is going to be very popular with our American friends.

So much for ignorant people who think Sarkozy is a Bush follower. super grin (Je ne vise personne là non plus, heheheheh.)

Hehehehe...You lost the argument when you were clearly trying to draw some equivalence between the threat posed by some rogue nation nukes and Iranian (non-existent) nukes. And either your equivalence was unwitting (a distinct possibility) or it was an intentional echo of Bush Administration rhetoric (carried around by le caniche nain) that Iran is a global threat like Communists or Fascists were, when in fact Iran's civil society is trying very hard to get rid of the crazy mullahs.

It's always amusing how unable you are to deal with people who don't agree with you. I have no regrets on what I said, so don't marinate in your bitterness for too long, okay?

Last edited by Le Saigonnais on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Huh? Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais, aren't you mixing me up with other posters? wonder It was the first time I jump into this particular debate. This post is the second and last. No time to waste with paranoiacs.
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: A Mediterranean Union and a Green Summit Reply with quote

Annamite: Saigonnais thinks you're me. He can't grasp that there might be several people who disagree with him and don't think he's the sum total of knowledge and being right at all times.

Le Saigonnais wrote:
It's always amusing how unable you are to deal with people who don't agree with you. I have no regrets on what I said, so don't marinate in your bitterness for too long, okay?

Look who's talking! Rolling Eyes

Il n'y a pas plus sourd que celui qui ne veut pas entendre... You seem unable to understand that liking America doesn't mean liking Bush.

No bitterness, dude. Don't suy bung ta ra bung nguoi.

We should also remember not to get personal and attack the ideas, not the person. I'm as guilty as you are on that but let's stop it. We can just agree to disagree and leave it at that. This discussion is going nowhere anyway.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Reply with quote

Annamite_en_France wrote:
Le Saigonnais, aren't you mixing me up with other posters? wonder It was the first time I jump into this particular debate. This post is the second and last. No time to waste with paranoiacs.

First, calling people names and expecting them not to respond makes you look assinine. You can't even come up with an answer to the original question.

My original claim was that Whackozy is a Bush's caniche when it comes to dealing with Iran and other bogus terrorists around the world. Then you said that Whackozy is trying to do something about the Kyoto Protocol including stopping the conservatives and businesses from molesting the environnement with surtax. You then gave info showing that he is embracing the Green Movement with Al Gore et al. There is no connection to Iran, so it is still a complete lie. Now you can keep calling me names or realize the truth here.

Oh and try to be a little original with your nick, will ya?
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A Mediterranean Union and a Green Summit Reply with quote

Pols_R_Us wrote:
Annamite: Saigonnais thinks you're me. He can't grasp that there might be several people who disagree with him and don't think he's the sum total of knowledge and being right at all times.

Le Saigonnais wrote:

Look who's talking! Rolling Eyes

Il n'y a pas plus sourd que celui qui ne veut pas entendre... You seem unable to understand that liking America doesn't mean liking Bush.

No bitterness, dude. Don't suy bung ta ra bung nguoi.

We should also remember not to get personal and attack the ideas, not the person. I'm as guilty as you are on that but let's stop it. We can just agree to disagree and leave it at that. This discussion is going nowhere anyway.

Well duh..I have made no such claims. You did. Also your bitterness is showing via your personal attacks.

If only you could stick to the original question. How is Iran a threat to Whackozy anyway? Why is he afraid of a single country who positively DOESN'T have any nukes? And why is he carrying out George Bush's order?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Off to the War Room Reply with quote

This thread is going nowhere, it's a dialogue de sourds. No one listens to anyone else's points or questions.

I was tempted to close it, but I'll just move it to the War Room. You can go on fighting tough over there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The War Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: