AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Meet and Greet Pub, version 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Abraham Ortelius Reply with quote

Abraham Ortelius (/ɔːrˈtiːliəs/; also Ortels, Orthellius, Wortels; 14 April 1527 – 28 June 1598) was a Flemish cartographer and geographer, conventionally recognized as the creator of the first modern atlas, the Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (Theatre of the World). Ortelius is often considered one of the founders of the Netherlandish school of cartography and one of the most notable representatives of the school in its golden age (approximately 1570s–1670s). The publication of his atlas in 1570 is often considered as the official beginning of the Golden Age of Netherlandish cartography. He is also believed to be the first person to imagine that the continents were joined together before drifting to their present positions.[1]

There you go - that's who he was.... super grin
Internaute

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Celebrating James Wong Howe Reply with quote

This time, the name is vaguely familiar. But I'm too lazy to explore further. super grin

Internaute

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Reply with quote

Looks everybody's taken off already... No one posted today at all... Very unusual.

Well, enjoy your weekend, everyone! Very Happy
Internaute

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Tom Longboat's 131st B'Day Reply with quote

Internaute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Dr. Virginia Apgar's 109th Reply with quote

I wonder how Google picks whose birthday to honor. Most of the time, it's somebody not exactly well-known - But better known people or events don't get a Google Doodle. Go figure! confused

Internaute

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Missed birthdays Reply with quote

Do you realize that with this long closure, we missed Fearless Leader’s birthday ?

Hope it was enjoyable, Fearless Leader !! hug gift Rose Music

We also missed Du Khach’s, Emmanuel’s,... and mine!! super grin
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Missed Birthdays Reply with quote

Happy belated birthdays to all those we missed... Hope you all had a great time.... super grin
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Birthdays Reply with quote

Happy birthday to everyone I have missed this year will be a lot I am sure. so very sorry too. Hearts Hearts Hearts

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
Internaute

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: For the Chess nuts Reply with quote

Today's Google Doodle:

cindy1970

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Missed Birthdays... Reply with quote

With AV's closed down practically the whole month, we missed all the July birthdays! Sad

I hope they were good, you July natives! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 60 of 63

Jump to: