AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The WH's 'McCain's Dying Anyway' Gaffe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: McCain family responds to crude comment Reply with quote

McCain family responds to crude comment about the senator
CBS Evening News
Published on May 11, 2018
White House communications aide Kelly Sadler drew criticism after saying Sen. John McCain's opposition to the president's CIA director nominee doesn't matter because "he's dying anyway." CBS News political correspondent Ed O'Keefe reports.

https://youtu.be/D5KkPuZHEGg

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
GalleonFlame

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: WH refuses to address McCain comments made by aide Reply with quote

WH refuses to address McCain comments made by aide
ABC News
Published on May 11, 2018
The aide reportedly dismissed the senator's opposing Trump's CIA pick, saying "He's dying anyway."

https://youtu.be/5XXBLyvBbtE

Sarah Sanders berates staff for leak of White House aide's comment on McCain
CNN
Published on May 12, 2018
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders berated staff members for leaking a White House communications staffer's joke about Sen. John McCain. Sanders said at a news briefing Friday that she would not "validate a leak" or comment on an internal staff meeting.

https://youtu.be/lL-FCC4im6w

Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: How hard is it to apologize? Reply with quote

Anderson Cooper: How hard is it to apologize?
CNN
Published on May 14, 2018
CNN's Anderson Cooper breaks down the White House's response to, and lack of apology for, an insensitive remark made by White House aid Kelly Sadler about Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) in a meeting.

https://youtu.be/x--3Hq90GII

Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: WH 'Irritated That John McCain Is Not Dying Of Cancer' Reply with quote

White House 'Irritated That John McCain Is Not Dying Of Cancer,' Ana Navarro says
Harriet Sinclair, Newsweek•May 15, 2018

CNN commentator Ana Navarro has said the White House is “irritated that John McCain is not dying of cancer” following its failure to apologize after an aide quipped that the senator’s opinion didn’t matter because “he’s dying anyway.”

As the White House faced criticism for not issuing an official apology over the aide’s comments, the political pundit, who is no fan of President Donald Trump, slammed officials.

“I think, frankly, what’s happening here is that the White House is irritated that John McCain is not dying of cancer—he’s living with cancer," Navarro said on CNN's New Day on Tuesday. "And he is choosing to make every single day on this Earth something that’s meaningful and counts, and he is still confronting Donald Trump for his outrages.”

The aide at the center of the controversy, Kelly Sadler, has offered the McCain family a private apology following comments made in a closed-door meeting that dismissed the senator’s opposition to President Donald Trump’s CIA nominee Gina Haspel with the crude comment about his health.

However, the White House has not offered a public apology, instead stating that the incident has been “dealt with internally,” The Hill reported.

But the lack of public apology has upset McCain’s family, and left some prominent members of the Republican party at odds with the White House.

Senator Lindsey Graham was among those who spoke out against the remark, telling Face the Nation on Sunday: "If it was a joke, it was a terrible joke. I just wish somebody from the White House would tell the country that was inappropriate, that's not who we are in the Trump administration."

Graham added that it was not up to him to decide whether Trump should issue an apology, but added: “If something happened like that in my office—somebody in my office said such a thing about somebody, I would apologize on behalf of the office.”

http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-irritated-john-mccain-not-dying-cancer-ana-navarro-says-926803
Do Quy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Plagued by Professional Leakers Reply with quote

The Trump Administration Is Plagued by Professional Leakers
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Published on May 15, 2018
President Trump lashes out at leakers amid reports that White House aide Kelly Sadler made a cruel joke about Senator John McCain's failing health.

https://youtu.be/ypzDLr8PwCw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: