AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Donald Trump and the Media
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject: Cohen's mystery third client is Sean Hannity Reply with quote

Michael Cohen's mystery third client is Sean Hannity
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/16/politics/michael-cohen-hearing/index.html

CNN
By Kara Scannell and Shimon Prokupecz, CNN
April 16, 2018

New York (CNN)Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen also
represents Fox News host Sean Hannity, Cohen's attorneys said Monday
afternoon.

Cohen had told the court earlier he had at least 10 clients between 2017
and 2018, including the President, and the former GOP fundraiser Elliot
Broidy who acknowledged paying $1.6 million to a Playboy model with whom
he had an affair.

The disclosure came in a hearing where Judge Kimba Wood also ordered
prosecutors to turn over material seized in a raid last week to Cohen's
legal team so they can say how much they believe is subject to
attorney-client privilege.

Cohen's lawyers had publicly identified Trump and Broidy as clients, but
revealed Hannity's name only after the judge ordered them to.

On his radio show Monday, Hannity said, "I never retained him in the
traditional sense" and said he believed his conversations about legal
questions were confidential.

"I've known Michael a long, long time. Let me be very clear to the media.
Michael never represented me in any matter. I never retained him in the
traditional sense as retaining a lawyer. I never received an invoice from
Michael. I never paid legal fees to Michael," Hannity said.

"But I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal
questions about which I wanted his input and perspective," he added. "And
I assume that those conversations were attorney-client confidential."
Hannity added, "not one of any issue I ever dealt with Michael Cohen on
ever, ever involved a matter between me and any third party."
Fox News host Shepard Smith acknowledged Hannity's connection to Cohen on
the air Monday.

"We just spoke with his publicist here at Fox News who says that he says
they have been friends a long time, he never denied that he was his
lawyer, that he did some legal work for him along the way, and that's the
extent of that," Smith said.

Prosecutors must turn over docs

Wood ruled prosecutors have to turn over the seized material from last
Monday's raid to Cohen's attorneys so they can tell the judge how much of
it might be subject to attorney client privilege.

Cohen's lawyer can then share subsets of the material to Trump and the
Trump Organization.

Wood indicated she would rule after prosecutors and Cohen come back with
an estimate of the volume of material that could be subject to attorney
client privilege. She will then decide whether a government "taint team"
of investigators separate from the investigation or an appointed special
master would ultimately review the seized materials before prosecutors can
use the evidence in the investigation.er.

The judge asked both sides to provide four names each as potential special
masters, but made clear she has not decided that will be her final
decision.

Cohen declined to comment while leaving the courtroom.

Cohen's lawyers have called the raid "completely unprecedented."
"This is perhaps the most highly publicized search warrant in the history
of recent American criminal jurisprudence. It is paramount that the review
of Mr. Cohen's data and documents be handled in such a way as to
eliminate, as much as possible, even the 'appearance of unfairness,'" they
argued in a letter to Wood.

Late Sunday, lawyers for Trump also asked for copies of the seized
material to be turned over so the President could review them for
confidential information.

Prosecutors with the US attorney's office in Manhattan said they have a
"filter team" of lawyers separate from those involved in the investigation
in place to review the documents for any communications between Cohen and
his clients.

Prosecutor Thomas McKay told the judge during a sidebar session on Friday,
"This is a fast-moving investigation. We are devoting a large amount of
resources to the whole case but, in particular, to our filter team to get
this review done very quickly."

Cohen acknowledged that seven of the 10 clients he had in 2017 to 2018
involved business consulting over legal advice. He also listed in broad
terms his legal work in the dozen years before he began working for the
Trump Organization in 2007.

Cohen's third client is Sean Hannity

Last week, prosecutors said in a court filing that they have been
investigating Cohen for months "for criminal conduct that largely centers
on his personal business dealings."

They also said that Cohen appeared to have few clients other than the
President and they had not uncovered any emails between the two suggesting
the potential risk of violating attorney client privilege was slim.

The search warrant authorizing the raid indicated prosecutors were looking
into potential violations of bank fraud, wire fraud, and campaign finance
violations, sources told CNN. The warrant also sought information that
included payments allegedly made to keep women silent about affairs with
Trump more than a decade ago.

It also emerged Cohen facilitated a $1.6 million payment to a former
Playboy model who said she became pregnant from a relationship with

Broidy, who was the deputy chair of the Republican National Committee
until he resigned Friday when the payment became public.
Broidy admitted to the relationship in a statement but did not address
whether he impregnated the woman. He said Cohen reached out to him after
being contacted by Keith Davidson, an attorney representing the woman, and
said he retained Trump's lawyer "after he informed me about his prior
relationship with Mr. Davidson."

Davidson also represented former adult film actress Stormy Daniels and
Karen McDougal, a former playmate. Both women claimed to have affairs with
Trump, who has denied the allegations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Hannity Defends Withholding Link To Trump's Attorney Reply with quote

Sean Hannity Defends Withholding Link To Trump's Attorney: 'I Have A Right To Privacy'
Nick Visser, HuffPost

Fox News host Sean Hannity tried to minimize his link to President Donald Trump’s longtime attorney Michael Cohen on Monday, saying he has a “right to privacy” and that the relationship was “minor” and “nothing political.”

“Predictably, without knowing all or frankly any of the facts, the media went completely insane,” Hannity said in the last few minutes of his program, echoing tweets from earlier Monday. “Let me set the record straight: Michael Cohen never represented me in any legal matter, I never retained his services. ... They never involved any matter ― any matter ― between me, a third party, a third group at all. My questions almost exclusively focused on real estate.”

“In response to all the wild speculation, I want to set the record straight.”

Earlier in the hour, Fox News contributor Alan Dershowitz chastised Hannity for failing to mention his link to Cohen before any of his many segments in which he covered the FBI raid on the attorney’s office, hotel room and home last week.

“I really think that you should have disclosed your relationship with Cohen when you talked about him on this show,” Dershowitz said.

“I have a right to privacy,” the Fox News host retorted. “It was such a minor relationship and it had to do with real estate and nothing political.”

Hannity was revealed as one of Cohen’s clients in court on Monday as part of a federal investigation into Cohen’s business and financial dealings.

U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood ordered Cohen’s attorney Steve Ryan to share Cohen’s client list after hearing that Cohen had worked for 10 clients since 2017. Cohen reportedly did “traditional legal tasks” for three clients ― Trump, former Republican National Committee official Elliott Brody and a third person who asked to remain anonymous.

“The client is a publicly prominent individual,” Ryan said, arguing that the then-unnamed person would be “embarrassed” to be identified, but another attorney representing media outlets said that was not enough cause to keep the identity private.

Wood then demanded that Ryan reveal the client’s name. Ryan identified Hannity as the third client to audible gasps in the courtroom, according to The New York Times.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hannity-michael-cohen-defense_us_5ad540e6e4b077c89cebdd6b?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Forgetful Sean Hannity Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Hannity Says He Totally Forgot Michael Cohen Was His Lawyer When He Criticized F.B.I. Raid On His Office

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—One week after lambasting the F.B.I.’s raid on Michael D. Cohen’s office as a “fishing expedition,” Sean Hannity said that he “totally forgot,” when he made those comments, that Michael D. Cohen was his lawyer.

“When I called the raid on Michael D. Cohen’s office a ‘fishing expedition’ last week, it completely slipped my mind that my lawyer is, in fact, Michael D. Cohen,” the Fox News host told his viewers. “My bad.”

“If I had remembered at the time that Michael D. Cohen was my lawyer, and that some of the documents that were seized most likely involve me, I would of course have mentioned those things on the air,” he said. “But honestly, the name ‘Michael D. Cohen,’ and the address of his office, just did not ring a bell.”

Hannity said that his wife would “have a field day” with his forgetting Michael D. Cohen’s name, because she always teases him for “having a brain like a sieve.”

“I’m always forgetting things,” he said. “My phone password. My keys. The name of my lawyer who did private stuff for me. That’s old Sean for you. I’m hopeless.”

In closing, he said that his newly uncovered connection to the F.B.I. investigation would “in no way” affect his coverage of the probe.

“I promise you, my viewers, that I will be fair and balanced, even though my lawyer is—what’s his name again?” Hannity said. “I had it on the tip of my tongue.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/hannity-says-he-totally-forgot-michael-cohen-was-his-lawyer-when-he-criticized-fbi-raid-on-his-office

Fool Moon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Hannity exposed; Late-night melts down Reply with quote

Hannity exposed; Late-night melts down
The revelation that Fox News host Sean Hannity is a client of President Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen drew big grins, high-fives, and hearty guffaws from other TV hosts.
Yahoo critic Ken Tucker's review »
Ken TuckerCritic-at-Large, Yahoo Entertainment, Yahoo TV•April 17, 2018

There aren’t many things about Robert Mueller’s investigation into Donald Trump that bring a smile to anyone’s face, but Monday’s latest twist in the tale was an occasion for big grins, high-fives, and hearty guffaws. It turns out that Sean Hannity — who’s been turning beet-red every night with nonstop indignation over the Mueller-ordered FBI raid of Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s office and living quarters — has a nice little conflict of interest going on. Cohen’s lawyer told a New York judge that Cohen has had three clients in the past year: Trump, Elliott Broidy (a Republican fundraiser engulfed in — of course! — scandal), and Sean Hannity, the linchpin of Fox News’s nightly pro-Trump, anti-Hillary programming schedule.

Hannity took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to say Cohen “never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees.” That tweet means either Cohen is lying, or Hannity is lying. I wouldn’t want to be the judge who’d have to decide that tricky one. I mean, who’s more reliable — a lawyer, or the guy Stephen Colbert described Monday night as “a reflexive propagandist for a corrupt machine”? Colbert joked about Hannity’s woes, then sat back in an armchair and drank some wine in celebration.

On his Fox News show Monday night, Hannity tried to spin the story as — what else? — a witch hunt by the “fake news media” that is, he says, “obsessed” with him. He said he’d offer his defense during the show — and then he waited 58 minutes, spending most of his show ridiculing James Comey’s book tour (and to be fair, there’s a lot to ridicule there). Then, in the final two minutes, his grand defense was … almost exactly the same words as his tweet.

What Hannity did not say was something Rachel Maddow revealed simply by reading aloud from the court transcripts to her MSNBC viewers on Monday: that Hannity requested that his identity as a Cohen client be kept secret from the public. If Hannity never had professional dealings with Cohen, why did he ask that his name not be revealed? Maddow’s fine, poker-faced reading of the proceedings begins around the 11-minute mark.

Maddow was notably restrained, given how bad this news is for her time-period competitor; Hannity is her only rival for primetime cable-news popularity. But Hannity’s self-proclaimed “pal” Jimmy Kimmel was not as restrained.

Folks, ask yourself this: Can you imagine what Fox News would be doing right now if it was revealed that, say, Barack Obama’s personal lawyer was also doing work for Maddow? Two things: 1. Tucker Carlson, Hannity, and the three-stooge Fox & Friends would be howling about it nonstop, and 2. My example is almost unimaginable. I mean, has anyone ever had occasion to even know who Obama’s personal lawyer is? Of course not — Obama wasn’t a compulsive tweeter who got himself mired in lawsuits.

It won’t matter much to Hannity’s audience that he’s been exposed as deceitful, but it gives reasonable people more ammunition against him. All schadenfreude aside, I am greatly encouraged by anything that brings disgrace and distrust to Hannity, because he’s not just a jabbering TV personality. He’s also one of the primary sources of the lies that are poured into the president’s head every day as Trump wastes his time watching TV — lies that end up affecting what the president says and does, and therefore lies that affect all our lives.

Hannity airs weeknights at 9 p.m. on Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/hannity-michael-cohen-kimmel-maddow-colbert-131642254.html
Do Quy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: How Trump's world works Reply with quote

Stelter: Cohen-Hannity story shows how Trump's world works
Washington Post
Published on Apr 17, 2018
The legal team for President Trump's personal lawyer, Micheal Cohen, on April 16 identified Sean Hannity as a former client of Cohen's.

https://youtu.be/8y6TW2mk4ZY

Antep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Watch Hannity squirm! Reply with quote

Hannity On Hiring Trump's Lawyer: It's Not What It Looks Like!
The Young Turks
Watch Hannity squirm. Cenk Uygur, host of The Young Turks, breaks it down

https://youtu.be/Nm1CEWy6AdA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: The important role of Sean Hannity Reply with quote

WAPO: Hannity ‘Basically Has A Desk’ In President Donald Trump's White House
The Ring of Fire
Published on Apr 18, 2018
The Washington Post recently conducted interviews with several White House staffers where they admitted that Sean Hannity “basically has a desk” at the White House, and that he and the President speak on the phone quite frequently. Among the things they discuss are what the President should tweet out to the public, meaning that Sean Hannity is helping the President draft his horrid, juvenile tweets. Fox News is calling the shots in America today, as Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins explains.

https://youtu.be/6m2_y2-Ql-E

MSNBC
As FOX News host Sean Hannity continues to play down his links to Trump attorney Michael Cohen who was recently raided by the FBI, news breaks that Trump frequently relies on Hannity for advice and counsel

https://youtu.be/KtR9MoSaG5c

Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Another Fox News Crisis Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Nation Shocked to Learn of Possible Bias at Fox News

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Millions of Americans were stunned and incredulous on Monday after learning of a possible incident of bias at Fox News Channel.

At a time when so many American institutions have been under attack, the possibility that Fox, one of the nation’s most respected news organizations, might be susceptible to hidden agendas was too much for many to take.

In interviews across the country, Fox viewers expressed disappointment, confusion, and shock that a news network known for its exacting standards had imperilled its hard-earned reputation for fairness.

“I’m devastated by this,” Carol Foyler, a viewer from Scottsdale, Arizona, said. “If we can’t trust Fox News, who can we trust?”

Tracy Klugian, a viewer from Akron, Ohio, said that he had been “walking around in a state of disbelief” since he learned of possible bias at the network. “I’m trying to be strong, but it’s tough,” he said. “I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that today was the day that America lost its innocence.”

But some Fox viewers, like Harland Dorrinson, of Topeka, Kansas, warned of a “rush to judgment” against Fox, urging people to remember the network’s stellar record of journalistic accomplishments.

“Whenever there was a national emergency, whether it was Benghazi, Hillary’s e-mails, or Obama’s birth certificate, Fox News was there,” he said. “One little mistake doesn’t wash all that away.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nation-shocked-to-learn-of-possible-bias-at-fox-news

Do Quy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Hannity Isn't A Journalist And Fox News Isn't News Reply with quote

Sean Hannity Isn't A Journalist And Fox News Isn't News
Neil J. Young, HuffPost

Earlier this week, Fox News declared its “full support” for Sean Hannity after it was revealed the conservative commentator was also a client of Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney.

Although Hannity has spent months defending Cohen on his nightly program, his failure to divulge such information to his viewers or to his bosses has not jeopardized his standing with the network. It does make clearer, however, the extent of Fox News’ corruption as a propaganda mill for the Trump presidency and its dishonesty as a news organization.

That corruption was evident in both Hannity’s actions and Fox’s defense of itself, as the network said it was “unaware” and “surprised” to learn of the Hannity-Cohen connection. It’s a shocking admission for what is supposed to be a news outlet. It’s also fully in keeping with an organization that is more devoted to stoking conservative indignation than to carrying out truthful investigations and that has a history of turning a blind eye to inconvenient truths. As David Frum pointed out in his recent book Trumpocracy, this is the same media organization that claimed “nobody knew” its former chief Roger Ailes had been sexually harassing women in its own offices for decades.

The channel’s coverage of the president, particularly in its heavily watched morning and evening opinion shows, provides a steady stream of cheerleading and flattery for the president who they know is a regular viewer. Trump has responded in kind, lavishingfrequentpraise on Fox.

Read more:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-hannity-isn-apos-t-120046753.html
Fool Moon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Extensive relationship between Cohen & Hannity Reply with quote

The relationship between Cohen & Sean Hannity is far more extensive than either has let on

https://youtu.be/H4Xa_TYkcFE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30

Jump to: