AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Meet and Greet Pub, version 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ylang-Ylang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Happy belated Avenue Viet Reply with quote

Happy belated Avenue Viet
Rose wine wine Rose Music Music wine wine Rose Rose
I had no internet for nearly three weeks !!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Happy International Women's Day! Reply with quote

This is our Day! Let's enjoy it! balloons Music Hearts baby hug blowing kiss

Internaute

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Happy Your Day, Ladies! Reply with quote

Happy Day, Ladies!

inkpot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: McDo Flips Golden Arches on International Women's Day Reply with quote

Clever! ten

McDonald's Makes Pitch for Female Custom as Restaurant Flips Golden Arches on International Women's Day
"Without women, there would be no McDonald's," the company said.
by Chantal Da Silva

McDonald's customers in Lynwood, California, are being greeted with a progressive twist to the company's iconic golden arches logo on International Women's Day. The company's logo, an M, has been flipped over to become a W in celebration of women around the world.

Patricia Williams, the location's franchisee, flipped her restaurant's sign in honor of the annual day commemorating the movement for women's rights.

In a video shared by McDonald's, Williams describes the struggles she had to overcome in her journey to becoming a major franchise owner in the U.S.

"It took just about everything I had to buy my first restaurant," Williams said, adding that she was running two restaurants and raising two daughters when she and her husband got divorced.

"Those days were hard. I had mouths to feed, but I wasn't ready to give up. The opportunity for a mother to show her kids what it's like to be her own boss. That was invaluable. I was set on changing everyone's mind," Williams said.

"Now, it's 30 years later, and we're not even close to being finished. When life kicks you in the butt, you've got to be willing to say, 'I'm going to be willing to do something different to make it better.'" Today, Williams runs more than 18 locations with her daughters and employs as many as 700 people.

While not all McDonald's stores will be following her lead in flipping their arches, the company has turned its logo upside down on all of its digital channels, including Twitter and Instagram, while 100 restaurants will also have special "packaging, crew shirts and hats and bag stuffers" to mark the occasion.

"In celebration of women everywhere, and for the first time in our brand history, we flipped our iconic arches for International Women's Day in honor of the extraordinary accomplishments of women everywhere and especially in our restaurants," McDonald's Global Chief Diversity Officer Wendy Lewis told Business Insider in a statement.

"From restaurant crew and management to our C-suite of senior leadership, women play invaluable roles at all levels, and together with our independent franchise owners, we're committed to their success," Lewis added.

McDonald's says it is "proud" to say that six out of 10 of its restaurant managers in the U.S. are women, adding: "Without women, there would be no McDonald's" in an online statement.

Other brands are also marking International Women's Day, with Mattel debuting a new line of Barbie dolls based on real women, including Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins, Olympic gold medal winner in snowboarding Chloe Kim and artist Frida Kahlo.

http://www.newsweek.com/mcdonalds-makes-pitch-female-customers-restaurant-flips-golden-arches-836099

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Today's Google Doodle Reply with quote

Another guy I never heard of before...

Angela

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: 30th Anniversary of Pi Day Reply with quote

I am a good cook and pastry chef, if I say so myself, so, Here's to Pi Day, LOL! Very Happy

Bon App├ętit!
Internaute

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Celebrating George Peabody Reply with quote

Another Google tribute to someone nobody else I know knows.... Pale sigh

Internaute

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

Happy St. Patrick's Day, especially to our Irish members! very happy

Top o' the morning to you!
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Top o' the morning Reply with quote

Top o' the morning.... None of the Irish I know ever say that actually and I know hundreds of them... It became popular in the US from some Hollywood movie about some Irish. However it was originally said ages ago in Ireland but now said very rarely there... There you go - a bit of useless Irish Trivia for you...LOL super grin
Internaute

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Guillerme Haros' 105th B'day Reply with quote

Back to what in French is called "des illustres inconnus" wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 55 of 57

Jump to: