AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Making fun of the Trump Gang
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: The Education of Betsy DeVos Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Betsy DeVos Calls “60 Minutes” a Waste of a Half Hour

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Furious about her treatment on the CBS news-magazine program on Sunday night, Betsy DeVos spoke to reporters on Monday, and called “60 Minutes” a “total waste of a half hour.”

“I had never watched ‘60 Minutes’ before, but I can tell you this, I will never watch it again,” the Education Secretary said. “I have better things to do with a half hour of my time.”

Calling her interviewer, Lesley Stahl, a practitioner of “gotcha journalism at its worst,” DeVos said that it was “very unfair of her to ask me so many questions about education.”

“She asked me one thing about schools, and then another, and another,” she said. “If I had to answer every question she had about schools, I would have had to bone up on education for a month.”

DeVos said that she was “frustrated” that Stahl neglected to ask her about any of her “really good ideas” for the nation’s schools, such as “purchasing guns for teachers with money that is currently being wasted on books.”

“If a bear comes into your classroom, throwing a book at him will only stun him momentarily, at best,” DeVos said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/betsy-devos-calls-60-minutes-a-waste-of-a-half-hour

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Three Russian Spies Meet in the Oval Office Reply with quote

From last May, but I can't remember whether I posted it then or not... The Betsy DeVos thing above is definitely new, though.

Three Russian Spies Meet in the Oval Office

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Three men alleged to be prominent Russian spies inexplicably gained access to the Oval Office last week and held a high-level meeting there, according to reports.

Eyewitnesses to the meeting said that the three Russian agents spoke at length and shared sensitive intelligence material, at times laughing uproariously.

After approximately an hour, the meeting broke up, with two of the spies leaving the Oval Office and the third remaining behind.

News that agents of the Russian Federation had somehow eluded the Secret Service in order to hold a meeting in the Oval Office sent shock waves through Washington on Monday evening.

“The fact that three well-known Russian agents were able to hold a meeting in the Oval Office suggests that something has seriously broken down,” Harland Dorrinson, a national-security official who served in the Reagan and Bush Administrations, said. “None of these three men should be anywhere near the White House.”

On Capitol Hill, House Speaker Paul Ryan called the meeting of the three Russian spies at the White House “a tempest in a teapot” and “much ado about nothing,” before adding, off-microphone, “I am screwed. I am so screwed.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/three-russian-spies-meet-in-the-oval-office?reload=true

Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Interviews Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Reply with quote

Jimmy Interviews Education Secretary Betsy DeVos
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Published on Feb 10, 2017
Jimmy speaks with new Education Secretary Betsy DeVos about her plans for America's public schools, including getting rid of textbooks.

https://youtu.be/RCJDn-vkAi4

[Video taken offline]
dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Trump's Unhinged Rally, Betsy DeVos' Train Wreck Interview Reply with quote

ZOMG, can you believe what a total idiot this woman is? Eek

Trump's Unhinged Rally, Betsy DeVos' Train Wreck Interview
Late Night with Seth Meyers
Published on Mar 12, 2018
Seth takes a closer look at Trump's unhinged performance at a campaign rally and Betsy DeVos' train wreck of an interview on 60 Minutes.

https://youtu.be/yPx3q-E_6mM

Trump Watch in DISMAY As his BEST and Brightest Goes DOWN in FLAMES on ’60 Minutes’
aDDmoreJuice
Published on Mar 12, 2018

According to a Monday CNN report, the White House wasn’t pleased with Education Secretary Betsy DeVos during her interview with “60 Minutes” reporter Lesley Stahl.

“She gave a performance that has not received stellar reviews. I’ll try to be polite here,” host John Berman said to Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA). “We’re just getting some information from our White House team that the White House — White House officials watched in dismay as Betsy DeVos struggled to answer basic questions about the nation’s schools.”

DeVos has been blasted most of the morning by political pundits for everything from not knowing anything about her panel for school safety to not visiting at-risk schools. DeVos has been visiting with religious and nontraditional private and charter schools since being confirmed.

https://youtu.be/gbF4py2ZO5A

ZeroG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Betsy DeVos Addresses Twitter Typos Reply with quote

An old one, unearthed to show that we were all aware long ago how qualified this woman is to be Education Secretary. super grin

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Addresses Twitter Typos
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Published on Feb 13, 2017
Jimmy Fallon speaks with new Education Secretary Betsy DeVos about incorrectly spelling the name of civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois in a tweet.

https://youtu.be/z00GDXmkh2c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Late Night White House Press Briefing 14/3/18 Reply with quote

Late Night White House Press Briefing, 14 March 2018 - When Is The Impeachment?
Published on Mar 14, 2018
Sarah Huckabee Sanders holds an impromptu press briefing to answer burning questions, like "When Trump is hiring someone, what does he want to see on their resume?"

https://youtu.be/u6oRF0a8mKA

Last edited by Do Quy on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Do Quy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Comics on Trump's IQ in Best of Late Night Reply with quote

Comics on Trump's IQ in Best of Late Night
USA TODAY
Published on Oct 11, 2017
What kind of man challenges his secretary of State to an IQ test? Guess. Take a look at our favorite jokes, then vote for yours at usatoday.com/opinion.

https://youtu.be/myLgaC3obJI

Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Popsicle Schtick: Nuclear Mistletoe, etc. Reply with quote

Popsicle Schtick: Nuclear Mistletoe, a Dark and Stormy Daniels
Published on Mar 14, 2018
The Late Night writers give current events the Popsicle stick joke treatment.

https://youtu.be/aA2KS1pivEc

[Video taken offline]
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Nation with Crumbling Bridges Excited re: Giant Wall Reply with quote

Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—As America’s bridges, roads, and other infrastructure dangerously deteriorate from decades of neglect, there is a mounting sense of urgency that it is time to build a giant wall.

Across the U.S., whose rail system is a rickety antique plagued by deadly accidents, Americans are increasingly recognizing that building a wall with Mexico, and possibly another one with Canada, should be the country's top priority.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of a Washington-based think tank called the Center for Responsible Immigration, believes that most Americans favor the building of border walls over extravagant pet projects like structurally sound freeway overpasses.

"The estimated cost of a border wall with Mexico is five billion dollars," he said. "We could easily blow the same amount of money on infrastructure repairs and have nothing to show for it but functioning highways."

Congress has dragged its feet on infrastructure spending in recent years, but Dorrinson senses growing support in Washington for building a giant border wall. "Even if for some reason we don't get the Mexicans to pay for it, five billion is a steal," he said.

While some think that America’s declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nation-with-crumbling-bridges-and-roads-excited-to-build-giant-wall

Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Trump's 3 Branches of Government Reply with quote

Trump Lists Three Branches Of Government: “National, Rifle, Association”
by James Schlarmann

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Inside the Oval Office today, President Donald Trump’s staff was busy preparing him for the 2020 election.

Although votes will not be cast for over two years in his re-election bid, Trump is said to have been spooked by the onslaught of Democratic wins in special elections as of late. Most recently, a Pennsylvania Democrat in a heavily Republican district that went for Trump by 20 points has flipped the seat, albeit by a razor thin margin. President Trump is said to have been scared into wanting to prove his critics wrong and secure another term for himself. According to several sources within the administration, Trump has decided he needs to brush up on how the government he helps run actually works.

“President Trump knows that some Americans may doubt he knows a whole lot about the government, even though he’s the president of it,” Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said while dipping a sausage link into a nearby mason jar full of bourbon. “And he decided to show real leadership, so he hired a tutor to come in and start with a ground-up refresher course on civics and American government.”

Huckabee Sanders then called on President Trump to demonstrate his newfound knowledge.

“Okay, Mr. President, let’s start with the basics,” Huckabee Sanders said, putting down the plate of sausage and taking a big chug from the bourbon jar, belching as she finished. “That one’s for our Lord and Savior, baby! YEAH!”

Trump said he was ready to be quizzed, and Sanders began the examination.

“Sir, what document formed our government,” Sanders asked, the smell of sausage-y bourbon permeating the air.

Trump thought for a moment, then answered.

“The Constellation,” Trump said with certainty and pride.

Huckabee smiled.

“Sure, close enough, sir,” Huckabee said. “Now, here’s another one. Ready?”

Trump signaled he was ready.

“Okay, sir, what are the three branches of our government called,” Huckabee asked Trump.

The president stood there, silent. He scratched his head, then he scratched the head on top of his neck. Trump mumbled a bit, twiddled his fingers. Then, he snapped them and his eyes got wide, indicating he had an answer ready.

“The Niña, the Pinta, and the Santa Mojito,” Trump said, beaming with pride. “Nailed it. Next.”

Huckabee clucked and shook her head.

“No, I’m sorry, Mr. President, let’s try that one more time,” Huckabee said.

“Oh, right, the branches of government, sorry, my bad,” Trump replied. “Oh, duh! That’s easy — Snap, Crackle, and Pop.”

Huckabee Sanders spit out some of the bourbon and sausage juice she was drinking. She again told her boss he needed to answer again. She told him to “think long and hard” and to take all the time he needed. That’s when Wayne LaPierre and Dana Loesche showed up, seeming to appear out of the air. They pulled President Trump into a broom closet for an hour and a half. When Trump emerged, he was once again smiling from ear to ear.

“Okay, Sarah, I got it now, put down your snack and ask me again,” Trump said.

Press Secretary Sanders sat the nacho cheese smothered Twinkie she’d been devouring down on its plate and again asked Trump for the three branches of U.S. government. Without hesitation, Trump answered.

“National, Rifle, Association,” Trump said.

Huckabee smiled.

“Perfect sir! You nailed it perfectly,” Sanders said. “But you didn’t answer in Russian, so I have to dock you a couple points.”

http://www.politicalgarbagechute.com/trump-branches-national-rifle-association/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 60 of 67

Jump to: