AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Eowyn & Faramir

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiderofRohan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Eowyn & Faramir Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I was under the impression Rider of Rohan was male but I suppose I could be wrong.. super grin

I'd have called myself Eowyn, but the name was taken... Eowyn was, after all, a Rider of Rohan. Very Happy
Eowyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Riders of Rohan Reply with quote

RiderofRohan wrote:
I'd have called myself Eowyn, but the name was taken...

Sorry about that, RoR! Very Sad

I know this is off-topic, but don't you think that in the Peter Jackson movie (as opposed to the animated version), Eowyn and Faramir were short-changed? Not much time is spent on Eowyn's heroism, or on her romance with Faramir. At the end, they are relegated to being just two faces in the crowd instead of the place of honor by Aragorn's side. It's implied that they end up together, but nothing is said about their getting married as Prince and Princess of Ithilien. "In Ithilien we'll make a garden..."

Oh, and while we're talking of the movies - I'm so disappointed that, unlike other actors in the movie, Miranda Otto never made it into the mainstream movies like Sean Astin and of course Viggo Mortensen did... She was absolutely great as Eowyn!!

See the pics in my Album: http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1845 and http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1844
Lyanna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Eowyn and Faramir Reply with quote

Eowyn wrote:
I know this is off-topic, but don't you think that in the Peter Jackson movie (as opposed to the animated version), Eowyn and Faramir were short-changed? Not much time is spent on Eowyn's heroism, or on her romance with Faramir. At the end, they are relegated to being just two faces in the crowd instead of the place of honor by Aragorn's side. It's implied that they end up together, but nothing is said about their getting married as Prince and Princess of Ithilien. "In Ithilien we'll make a garden..."

Entirely agree. Eowyn and Faramir are my favourite couple in there. I never cared much for Arwen at all. In the movies at least she gets to do something worthwhile (get Frodo to safety), in the books all she does is look pretty and embroider a standard for Aragorn to carry... I never got what Aragorn found in her, when there's Eowyn, so brave, so lovely. This said, I was happy she ended up with Faramir for he's my favourite too...

Quote:
Oh, and while we're talking of the movies - I'm so disappointed that, unlike other actors in the movie, Miranda Otto never made it into the mainstream movies like Sean Astin and of course Viggo Mortensen did... She was absolutely great as Eowyn!!

Agreement She stole every scene she was in. Just perfect.

Quote:
See the pics in my Album: http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1845 and http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1844

Great pics, and I love your new siggie pic! ten
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Miranda Otto Reply with quote

I think Miranda Otto who comes from a theatrical family who like stage performing rather than screen would like to spend more time in and around Australia to be closer to their families. She is happily married to a another actor who looks a bit like Hugh Jackman. However she and Peter are settled in the US with their daughter and she has been doing quite a lot of TV work in various series.
Movie Buff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Miranda Otto Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
She is happily married to a another actor who looks a bit like Hugh Jackman. However she and Peter are settled in the US with their daughter and she has been doing quite a lot of TV work in various series.

I didn't know that. Can you tell us which series? I don't remember seeing her name around...
Couch Potato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Miranda Otto Reply with quote

Movie Buff wrote:
I didn't know that. Can you tell us which series? I don't remember seeing her name around...

"24: Legacy" and "Homeland" are two of the series she stars in. Very Happy
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Miranda Otto Reply with quote

She’s been in quite a few Aussie TV series too and some telemovies as well as movies. I keep forgetting you people don’t see most of our TV series..lol

She was also in a series called Cashmere Mafia set in New York but that was about 10 years ago.. super grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: