AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Lawsuit Filed by Russians...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnMask

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Real facts Reply with quote

Please quote the real facts that are in the dossier.

Wink
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: This dossier thing - Confusion! Reply with quote

I'm totally confused by this question. I lost track of who did what to whom when... The last exchange between Inkling7 and UnMask doesn't help. I thought the thing about Clinton paying for the dossier had been debunked? Even by someone in Fox News?

To confuse things even more, I came across this snippet on the same topic. I'm more lost than ever...

Trump Questions NSA Surveillance Powers Over ‘Phony Dossier’

President Trump attacked the National Security Agency’s surveillance powers in a Thursday morning tweetstorm that came just hours before the House was due to vote on the reauthorization of a package of mass-surveillance activities known as Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). His intervention is in direct contradiction to his administration’s stated aim of reauthorizing the program. On Wednesday night, a White House statement urged Congress to preserve FISA powers. Yet Trump apparently took to his phone just a few hours later, writing, “‘House votes on controversial FISA ACT today.’ This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?”

Could someone explain it to me, in simple terms? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: This dossier thing - Confusion! Reply with quote

Viet Chick wrote:
Trump Questions NSA Surveillance Powers Over ‘Phony Dossier’
Could someone explain it to me, in simple terms? Thanks!

Sorry Chickita, I can't. What I can do is add to the snippet you posted (and probably to your confusion too!) wink

Trump Jeopardizes NSA Mass Surveillance With a Tweet
The table was set to reauthorize American eavesdroppers’ vast surveillance powers. Then came a ‘Fox & Friends’ segment—and the almost inevitable tweet.
BY Spencer Ackerman

It was a delicate and belated legislative minuet, in pursuit of a goal that aligned Donald Trump, his House GOP allies, some Democratic adversaries, and the intelligence agencies he derides as Nazi-like. Perhaps predictably, Trump disrupted all those complex congressional machinations with a tweet.

“Like much of what the president says on Twitter, this one has thrown the morning into disarray,” observed a knowledgeable congressional aide ahead of the first critical surveillance vote of the Trump administration.

The move turned out not to be quite chaotic enough to stop the House from bailing out the National Security Agency’s most cherished recent surveillance law; the House on Thursday morning renewed an expiring legislative authority that undergirds many of NSA mass-surveillance activities. But the president’s ill-timed tweet, which called that law into question, once again prompted concern that Trump does not actually know the first thing about the overwhelming surveillance powers the House once again provided the government over which he presides.

Trump’s tweet “certainly threw everything into turmoil this morning,” said Adam Schiff, the House Intelligence Committee’s top Democrat. “I can only imagine that the reaction within the intelligence community and law enforcement and among his own cabinet was the same as it was here in Congress, which is hard to describe without the use of expletives.”

Collectively, the surveillance approved by the House is known—or obscured through bureaucratic euphemism—by the dry name of the authority, Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Section 702 permits the warrantless collection of untold terabytes of communications and associated data, including Americans’ international conversations; communications on the servers of major tech firms like Apple, Facebook, Google and Yahoo; and communications in transit over the Internet. It’s ostensibly “targeted” at foreigners, but even the judges on the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court have frequently found that Americans’ communications, by the thousands, are inevitably—the term of art is “incidentally”—gathered up as well. All this occurs without any warrant.

Read more:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/president-trump-threatens-nsa-mass-surveillance-with-a-tweet?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: No, Confirmed Reply with quote

VietChick wrote:
I'm totally confused by this question. I lost track of who did what to whom when... The last exchange between Inkling7 and UnMask doesn't help. I thought the thing about Clinton paying for the dossier had been debunked? Even by someone in Fox News?

No, just the opposite. It was confirmed that money went from DNC/Hillary to a law firm to Fusion GPS to Steele. Some may have gone to Russian agents at that point.
dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Paying is not Collusion Reply with quote

There Is A Difference Between Paying For Trump Dossier And "Collusion" With Russia
Posted By Ian Schwartz

On Wednesday's broadcast of Comedy Central's The Daily Show, Hillary Clinton told host Trevor Noah that there is a difference between the Clinton campaign and the DNC working together to obtain the infamous Russian-tainted Trump dossier and the possibility that "Trump's people" worked with Russians to influence the election. Noah, who referred to it as the 'Clinton dossier,' wanted to know the difference between the two.

Clinton said the dossier didn't even come out before the November 2016 election. Clinton also said the American people didn't even know the FBI was investigating Trump, another piece of information she said they should have had before the election.

"The people doing it came to my campaign lawyer and said, you know, 'would you like us to continue it?' and he said, yes. He's an experienced lawyer. He knows what the law is. He knows what opposition research is," Clinton said about the dossier.

"It feels like the latency between an event and the politicizing has been shortened, and I mean in terms of people fighting each other over the events. Russia has latched on to this," Noah observed.

TREVON NOAH, DAILY SHOW: One popular narrative that has emerged in and around Russia has been the Clinton dossier, the documents involving Donald Trump and pee, which has now come out as a document that the DNC and your campaign worked to pay for. Now, people say, 'Hillary, is there a difference between your team paying for this opposition research and Donald Trump's people working with the Russians to influence the election?' Is there a difference?

HILLARY CLINTON: Of course there is. And, you know, I think most serious people understand that. This was research started by a Republican donor during the Republican primary. And then when Trump got the nomination for the Republican party, the people doing it came to my campaign lawyer and said, you know, 'would you like us to continue it?' and he said, yes. He's an experienced lawyer. He knows what the law is. He knows what opposition research is.

And, you know, from my perspective, it didn't come out before the election, as we all know. And what also didn't come out -- which I think is an even bigger problem as I write in the book -- is that the American people didn't even know that the FBI was investigating the Trump campaign because of connections with Russia starting in the summer of 2016.

So I know that voters should have had that information. That's something that may have influenced some people. And it's part of what happens in a campaign where you get information that may or may not be useful, and you try to make sure anything you put out in the public arena is accurate. And so this thing didn't come out until after the election and it's still being evaluated. But the fact of the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia should have come out.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/11/02/clinton_there_is_a_difference_between_paying_for_trump_dossier_and_collusion_with_russia.html
vu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Glenn Simpson's Senate testimony (FUSION GPS) Reply with quote

Read the full transcript of Glenn Simpson's Senate testimony (FUSION GPS)

Thanks to Dianne Feinstein! I fully support her re-election this year,
despite her being politically closer to the middle and despite her age.
We need a senator who know the ropes and who can make things happen.
-v

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, Gary Paul Andre wrote:

> http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/politics/read-the-full-transcript-of-glenn-simpsons-senate-testimony/2700/
>
> Glenn R. Simpson, founder of research firm Fusion GPS, spoke to
> investigators with the Senate Judiciary Committee for 10 hours in
> August. As the partisan fight over Russian interference in the 2016
> election has intensified, Simpson has urged that his testimony be
> released, and a copy of the transcript was made public Tuesday. It was
> released by the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen.
> Dianne Feinstein of California. Feinstein releases testimony of Glenn
> Simpson, whose research firm Fusion GPS was behind Trump
> dossier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/feinstein-releases-testimony-of-glenn-simpson-whose-research-firm-fusion-gps-was-behind-trump-dossier/2018/01/09/15da150a-f562-11e7-beb6-c8d48830c54d_story.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: