AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
After the crash-Something very strange, folks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Another strange thing Reply with quote

The responses to UnMask's posting his granddaughter's pictures do not appear, though the posters are "credited" for their posts.

Also, the pics are upright on Mozilla Firefox, but are lying on one side on Chrome. The responses don't show on either browser.

Is this weird or what? Eek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Yet another strange thing Reply with quote

Did you notice that the thread starter shown for the "All in the Trump Family" thread is supposed to be a "Guest", not a member? On checking, the thread starter seems to be Vu, who's a regular long-time member. And since when can "guests" post in the Politix subforum? Or any other forum for that matter? wonder
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Guests posting Reply with quote

I didn't think they could...
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Guests posting Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I didn't think they could...

No they can't, not now - Though at the very beginning one could post without registering and at one time we had an "open" subfrorum called "Walk into my Parlor" where guests could post, the idea being that when they posted, the Admins could see their IPs and ban them. It didn't work out that way, so that subforum has been renamed and is now working as a "normal" subforum.

In this case here, though - When members have their account deleted (which has happened by accident a couple of times - also when hackers deleted the main Administrator account - this happened twice recently), their avis and siggies disappear and their posts show up as "Guest" posts. You'll find a number of posts by the old Administrator that now show up as "Guest".

In the case of "All in the Trump Family" thread, I don't know what happened. It looks indeed like "vu" started it. No idea why it shows the thread starter as "Guest". I don't think it matters much anyway.
Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: OK now Reply with quote

It's corrected.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: How did they do it? Reply with quote

It is strange though that when the last and biggest crash happened no Admin’s were on the site... Our Fearless Leader was out to lunch with Unmask I think and I was still in bed so how they managed to wreak such havoc we’ll never know as all our computers and devices were turned off and nobody was logged in... Oh well it’s all fixed now and I haven’t even had to bother logging in as admin for days now as there are never any spammers to zap...lol super grin
Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: A barrier against spammers Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I... Oh well it’s all fixed now and I haven’t even had to bother logging in as admin for days now as there are never any spammers to zap...lol super grin

There's "never any spammers" because our very clever techie made registration harder. Like they did on CoS, where you had to answer a question relating to Harry Potter before you can register, now on AV, on the registration page you find this (the asterisk means that filling in the blanks is mandatory) :

Quote:
A Quiz: *
Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ: The Legend of Ancient Vietnam
Âu Cơ gave birth to a pouch filled with ___ eggs, which soon hatched into ___ beautiful children.

No one who is not Vietnamese (I even think some VN of the younger generation may not know the answer) or familiar with VN culture would know how many children the Dragon King and the Fairy Queen, the ancestors of the Vietnamese people ("Con rồng cháu tiên") had, and sent down the mountain to populate what became Vietnam. Very Happy

Well, maybe we'll get some Vietnamese new members, or members who are friends with someone Vietnamese. But no Russians or Ukrainians or Zimbabweans. Cool
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A barrier against spammers Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Quote:
A Quiz: *
Lạc Long Quân and Âu Cơ: The Legend of Ancient Vietnam
Âu Cơ gave birth to a pouch filled with ___ eggs, which soon hatched into ___ beautiful children.

No one who is not Vietnamese (I even think some VN of the younger generation may not know the answer) or familiar with VN culture would know how many children the Dragon King and the Fairy Queen, the ancestors of the Vietnamese people ("Con rồng cháu tiên") had, and sent down the mountain to populate what became Vietnam. Very Happy

I find it a bit strange that NO ONE AT ALL was able to answer that quiz. Not one "candidate" in the two weeks or so since that "barrier" was put up.

I've monitored the Admin Panel regularly, and on top of the usual mix of Russians, Chinese, etc., there were several Vietnamese IPs. Yet not one of them knew the answer? What are they teaching Vietnamese kids these days? confused

I mean - and yes, this is totally off-topic, I know - I understand the Communists rewriting recent history (from the 18th and 19th century up until 1975) - I've seen examples of it, and I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry. But aren't they even teaching the old legends any more? Is it politically incorrect to have the Dragon King and the Fairy Queen, our legendary ancestors, having their *** (I'm not giving the answer here, of course) children go down and populate the land of Vietnam? That would be so sad... Sad
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A barrier against spammers Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
I find it a bit strange that NO ONE AT ALL was able to answer that quiz. Not one "candidate" in the two weeks or so since that "barrier" was put up.

I've monitored the Admin Panel regularly, and on top of the usual mix of Russians, Chinese, etc., there were several Vietnamese IPs. Yet not one of them knew the answer? What are they teaching Vietnamese kids these days? confused

Those Commies are a bunch of ignoramuses. They know nothing. Remember the movie "Indochine", where their "Ministry of Culture" was an adviser on the background Vietnamese culture? Remember how they got things all wrong about the traditions, especially in the royal family? Catherine Deneuve's adopted daughter is supposed to be a Vietnamese princess - but everything about her, the adoption, and the scenes supposedly at the imperial court, is wrong. one

How do you expect them to know about Con Rồng Cháu Tiên ? Rolling Eyes

BTW, not only is this off-topic, it certainly doesn't belong in the Politix forum! Just saying. shameless grin
UnMask

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Correct Topic Reply with quote

I saw the word "commies". This goes in politix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: