AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Racism in America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Jefferson & Hemings Reply with quote

Bérénice wrote:
In that regard, don't forget that Alexandre Dumas was of mixed race, the son of a French nobleman and a black slave - He certainly fared better than the offspring of Jefferson and Sally Hemings! Everyone in the world knows who Alexandre Dumas is. Who, apart from the immediate family (families?) can name one offspring of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings?

Actually, one of our members here - Purple Hawk - is descended from Jefferson and Hemings. She's a good personal friend of the Obamas. I won't post her name here, but she's the one who gave us that photo of all the shoes thrown in the WH courtyard the day Obama took office and G W Bush left the White House. The pic must still be somewhere in the AV Album.
UnMask

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Jefferson & Hemings Reply with quote

Xuân Phong wrote:
Bérénice wrote:
In that regard, don't forget that Alexandre Dumas was of mixed race, the son of a French nobleman and a black slave - He certainly fared better than the offspring of Jefferson and Sally Hemings! Everyone in the world knows who Alexandre Dumas is. Who, apart from the immediate family (families?) can name one offspring of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings?

Actually, one of our members here - Purple Hawk - is descended from Jefferson and Hemings. She's a good personal friend of the Obamas. I won't post her name here, but she's the one who gave us that photo of all the shoes thrown in the WH courtyard the day Obama took office and G W Bush left the White House. The pic must still be somewhere in the AV Album.

I had a friend identify the location of the shoes. They were by an entrance gate and thrown most likely by inauguration celebrants. They were not thrown by employees of the White House, as some conservatives theorized.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: How do you know? Reply with quote

Hm since your or your friend weren't there Unmask how do you know who threw the shoes.. Sheesh!
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Jefferson & Hemings Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
I had a friend identify the location of the shoes. They were by an entrance gate and thrown most likely by inauguration celebrants. They were not thrown by employees of the White House, as some conservatives theorized.

I remember when Purple Hawk posted that picture on CoS (There I was Alien Visitor - Du Khach means "tourist", or "alien visitor"). She took it from inside the White House. That's the pad the helicopter was supposed to take off from, to take GWB away. They had to move to another pad for Duba's departure. (This is from what Purple Hawk herself wrote on CoS.)

The shoes were thrown by people from OUTSIDE the gate. I never heard the theory that they were thrown by WH employees. Once again UnMask's sources are faulty. You'll notice there were some military boots in the lot. That was after an Iraqi threw a shoe at Dubya as a sign of disapproval and contempt. Some people in the US felt the same way. Of course we didn't know then that eight years later, we'd get someone who actually makes Dubya look good.

What Conservatives are you talking about anyway? That photo never made it to the papers, the only people who saw the scene were the people in the WH for the inauguration. Purple Hawk posted it not in the COS public forum but from the private, Invitation-Only group "Obamaniacs" I think its name was. I kinda remember Wildflower (FleurduJardin on CoS) asked Purple Hawk for permission to post the photo here on AV.

Talking of photos, let me post some of MY grandkids! If our Fearless Leader could help me post them in-thread?
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:
I remember when Purple Hawk posted that picture on CoS (There I was Alien Visitor - Du Khach means "tourist", or "alien visitor"). She took it from inside the White House. That's the pad the helicopter was supposed to take off from, to take GWB away. They had to move to another pad for Duba's departure. (This is from what Purple Hawk herself wrote on CoS.)

The shoes were thrown by people from OUTSIDE the gate. I never heard the theory that they were thrown by WH employees. Once again UnMask's sources are faulty. You'll notice there were some military boots in the lot. That was after an Iraqi threw a shoe at Dubya as a sign of disapproval and contempt. Some people in the US felt the same way. Of course we didn't know then that eight years later, we'd get someone who actually makes Dubya look good.

What Conservatives are you talking about anyway? That photo never made it to the papers, the only people who saw the scene were the people in the WH for the inauguration. Purple Hawk posted it not in the COS public forum but from the private, Invitation-Only group "Obamaniacs" I think its name was. I kinda remember Wildflower (FleurduJardin on CoS) asked Purple Hawk for permission to post the photo here on AV.

I confirm that all of the above is correct.

Quote:
Talking of photos, let me post some of MY grandkids! If our Fearless Leader could help me post them in-thread?

Put the link in a post, then I'll do what I did for UnMask and the photos of his granddaughter.
Do Quy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: What picture? Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:

I don't remember seeing that picture. If it's in the AV album, how can I find it?
Steph-Le-Fou-de-Paris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: UK Party Leader under fire for racist royal slur Reply with quote

UKIP leader under fire for lover's 'racist' royal slur
AFP•January 14, 2018

London (AFP) - The leader of Britain's anti-EU, anti-immigration UK Independence Party (UKIP) faced calls to resign on Sunday after his girlfriend reportedly made racist remarks about Prince Harry's fiancée Meghan Markle.

Henry Bolton, who was elected in September, said his 25-year-old partner Jo Marney had been suspended from the party after the text messages were published in the Mail on Sunday newspaper.

But one party politician said she should have been expelled, while a UKIP member of the European Parliament said it was time for the "inexperienced" leader to "go quietly".

According to the tabloid, Marney wrote messages to a friend complaining that Markle -- an American actress of mixed race who is due to marry Harry in May -- would "taint our royal family" with her "seed".

"Next will be a Muslim PM (prime minister). And a black king," she was reported to have written.

In a statement, Marney said her remarks were "deliberately exaggerated to make a point" and were taken out of context, but "I fully recognise the offence they have caused".

- 'Disgraceful remarks' -

Bolton is the third elected leader of UKIP since Nigel Farage resigned after helping secure a vote to leave European Union in June 2016, and the party has struggled to find a role.

UKIP chairman Paul Oakden said that Bolton, who recently made headlines due to his decision to leave his wife and date Marney, had some "difficult decisions to make".

The party's governing board will meet next weekend and will consult with the former army officer "if he is still the leader at that point", he told the BBC.

Oakden said the coming year would be "crucial" for Brexit negotiations, adding: "We need to be behind our leader 100 percent in taking that battle forward.

"Whether or not the party decides it willing to give that support to Henry is for the party to decide."

UKIP MEP Bill Etheridge said: "We are seeing UKIP resources used to defend Henry's private life.

"Henry does not have the experience, the political nous or advice to deal with the issues he faces.... He must go, he must go quickly, he must go as quietly as possible."

Peter Whittle, a UKIP member of the London Assembly, tweeted: "These are disgraceful remarks. This person should not just be suspended from @UKIP but expelled altogether."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukip-leader-under-fire-lovers-racist-royal-slur-130735808.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: U.K. party leader, girlfriend split over Markle slur Reply with quote

Brit Party Leader Splits With Girlfriend After Her Shocking Remarks About Meghan Markle
The leader of U.K.'s Independence Party has broken up with his girlfriend following reports of her racist comments about Meghan Markle.
'I don’t defend these comments' »
Mary Papenfuss, HuffPost•

The leader of the UK Independence Party has broken up with his girlfriend following revelations of her shocking comments about American actress Meghan Markle.

“I don’t defend these comments whatsoever,” UKIP leader Henry Bolton, 54, said on “Good Morning Britain” on Monday.

Bolton said the “romantic side” of his relationship with Jo Marney, a 25-year-old model, ended Sunday night after a “long and upsetting conversation” for both of them.

“At the moment it is obviously quite incompatible to continue the relationship,” he said. But “I’m going to be continuing to support her family because Jo is absolutely distraught by this.”

The split followed an uproar over Facebook messages Marney sent to a friend about Markle, who will marry Prince Harry this spring. Marney described Markle as a “dumb little commoner,” and called black people “ugly.” She also said Markle would “taint” the royal family and pave the way for a “black king.”

When a person responded to the comments by calling them racist, Marney answered: “So what?” the BBC reported.

On Sunday, Marney told The Daily Mail that she was sorry for the “reckless and unnecessary” comments, then added that her words had been ‘‘taken completely out of context.’’

Bolton said he only began a relationship with Marney in December and was unaware of the messages.

Marney’s membership in UKIP has also been suspended “pending an investigation,” said Bolton.

It’s “against the constitution of the party to be racist in any way,” Bolton told “Good Morning Britain.”

Bolton has been under pressure from members of his party to step down after news of the messages emerged. Critics said his love life had become a distraction and an embarrassment. Bolton said he hopes to remain as the head of his party.

Markle has encountered other race issues in Britain since she began a relationship with Prince Harry. In December, Princess Michael of Kent attended a Christmas lunch with the royal family — including Markle and Harry — wearing a brooch of a black African woman. The princess later apologized.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/girlfriend-ukip-suspension-over-markle_us_5a5c40bfe4b0fcbc3a117a76?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Sorority Girl Goes On Racist Rant Reply with quote

Sorority Girl Goes On Racist Rant
Former Alabama University student went on an unbelievably racist rant on Instagram.

https://youtu.be/lIaKhmXDjj0

What an absolutely perfect idiot, ignorant goose!
Do Quy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: 'They think breeding is a form of employment' Reply with quote

Trump Appointee Carl Higbie Resigns Following Offensive Comments
Willa Frej, HuffPost•

Carl Higbie, the chief of external affairs for the Corporation for National and Community Service, resigned Thursday after CNN unearthed a litany of offensive and discriminatory remarks he’d made on various radio segments.

Formerly a surrogate for President Donald Trump during his 2016 presidential campaign, as well as a former spokesman for the Great America PAC, the retired Navy SEAL was appointed to work in the federal body that oversees volunteer groups like AmeriCorps a mere six months ago.

In the segments, which occurred as recently as 2016, Higbie employs a number of offensive stereotypes about minorities, saying that black people suffer from a “lax of morality” and that they “think that breeding is a form of employment.” He also accused soldiers with PTSD of having a “weak mind.” And he claimed that people should have the right to shoot at immigrants “in the face” if they attempt to cross the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

“Somebody who lives in my condo association that has five kids, and it’s her and her husband with the five kids and the mother, the grandmother of the kids, and they don’t have jobs, they’re there all the time ― I bet you can guess what color they are ― and they have no job,” Higbie said on one episode of “Sound of Freedom,” an internet talk radio show, according to clips discovered by CNN’s KFile.

Higbie also made a number of highly inflammatory comments about gay people and Muslims.

“Rhode Island, land of more liberals, has just OK’ed, gay marriage,” Higbie said in a May 2013 “Sound of Freedom” clip. “Congratuf’in’lations, you suck, Rhode Island. Why would you do that? Go ahead and twist the knife a little, little bit more. I mean, you are breaking the morals, the moral fiber of our country. You know, I don’t like gay people. I just don’t.”

The next month, he said of Muslims: “Go back to your Muslim shithole and go crap in your hands and bang little boys on Thursday nights.” He added: “I just don’t like Muslim people. People always rip me a new one for that. Carl, you’re racist, you can’t, you’re sexist. I’m like Jesus Christ. I just don’t like Muslim people because their ideology sucks.”

Higbie made headlines in November 2016 when he cited the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II― considered a low point in American history― in defending the Trump transition team’s idea to create a registry of Muslim immigrants.

”The president needs to protect America first, and if that means having people that are not protected under our Constitution have some sort of registry so we can understand ― until we can identify the true threat and where it’s coming from ― I support it,” said Higbie.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/carl-higbie-resigns_us_5a61b65de4b074ce7a072682?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Some online comments:
Saint Stephen
Trump only hires the "best and brightest." LOL.

GW Panda
Hiring people like this is Trump calls draining the swamp???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: