AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Truck attack in Sweden/Syria strike/Terrorism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vixen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sweden Reply with quote

Anémone wrote:
The Swedes were naive, and they are paying the price. I've read articles that say that whole neighbourhoods of Stockholm are entirely islamized (I'll email them to you, they're all in French), just like our suburbs. I doubt that you ever went there. Like when I go to Paris, I don't go in the islamized parts, and I don't see many veiled women. You and I were just not going where the Islamists are.

I toured Stockholm widely, on several tourist or ordinary buses, and stopping here and there. No mosque in view. My daughter twice spent 2 weeks there and made friends with some immigrants who are happy to live there - this was away from the center of town.

If there are islamized neighbourhoods, they must be quite far out of "downtown".

In Paris, maybe you didn't take the métro that goes by Barbès, Stalingrad, etc. I did, many times, and I was often the only "native" European. I walked around Barbès, it was a few years ago. I was very uncomfortable, even if I was never attacked. One of my nieces lived in Cergy and I visited her there. Her car was often damaged by hoodlums... not necessarily immigrants however.

Stockholm is a city composed of several islands, very airy and very clean. Ecology is a religion there, as well as respect of the other. There are more bicycles than cars.

The only people who I saw acting like boors in a department store were Korean, but I shall not draw any conclusion from that about all Koreans wink .

I live in a town where the proportion of foreigners is high, in a building where there are Muslims and Black Africans. The only "problem" neighbour is from Eastern Europe, she and her kids are extremely noisy and rude. The two Muslim families have understood that, in a residential building, one has to follow the rules. So have the Black Africans living across from my father's apartment. What conclusion should we draw from that?
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Sweden Suspect Sought Asylum, Was Rejected Reply with quote

Sweden Suspect Sought Asylum, Was Rejected

The man suspected of being behind the truck attack in Stockholm last week sought asylum in Sweden but was rejected by the authorities. He was being tracked down for deportation at the time of the attack. The 39-year-old native of Uzbekistan was rejected last year, and officials could not locate him because he was not present at the address listed on his application. A top police official added that the suspect, who is in police custody, was “sympathetic to extremist organizations.” The four victims of the attack included two Swedes, one Briton and a Belgian. A second suspect was detained on Sunday.

https://apnews.com/925a6dde98034ccb8506bf328fabecad?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: German Soldier Held for ‘Terror Plans’ Reply with quote

German Soldier Held for ‘Terror Plans’

A German soldier has been arrested for allegedly planning a terror attack, prosecutors in the country announced Thursday. The as-yet-unnamed 28-year-old was reportedly arrested at the Bundeswehr base in Bavaria’s Hammelburg after police obtained evidence from 16 locations in three different countries—including the fact that he used an alias to falsely register as a Syrian refugee in Germany and was granted asylum. The soldier also allegedly hid an illegal, loaded weapon in a bathroom at Vienna’s airport and was briefly arrested when he returned to retrieve the gun. According to Deutsche Welle, “Investigators believe the lieutenant was motivated by a ‘xenophobic background’ to plan an attack, possibly on migrants and refugees.”

http://www.dw.com/en/german-soldier-arrested-for-alleged-terror-plans/a-38609200?via=newsletter&source=CSAMedition
Aussi Aussie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Multiple Injuries After Car Plows Into Pedestrians in Oz Reply with quote

Multiple Injuries After Car Plows Into Pedestrians in Melbourne

Nineteen people, including a small child, were injured Thursday afternoon when a car plowed into pedestrians in central Melbourne, in what police are calling a “deliberate” act. Witnesses at the scene said a number of people were seen lying in the street after the car “just mowed everybody down,” the BBC reports. Victoria Police spokeswoman Natalie Webster said the 19-year-old driver of the vehicle was arrested by an off-duty police officer shortly after the attack. Police then arrested a second man, who is said to be 24 years old.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/multiple-injuries-after-car-plows-into-pedestrians-in-melbourne
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Not certain it was a terror attack Reply with quote

Actually this shouldn’t be posted here as has not been ascertained it was a terror attack even though it was terrifying. The person who did it was a druggie and has psychiatric problems rather like that young man who massacred all those little kids at the Sandy Hollow school. Je was a legal refugee from Afghanistan that is true but has ongoing mental problems and missed his appointment with the doctor treating him yesterday. The other man arrested at the scene has benn released and nothing to do with attack it seems. The attacker seems to be rather psychotic probably because of drug abuse and was raving on about dreams it seems although he had been concerned about the mistreatment of some Muslims.... not sure whether he was referring to the people in the camps on Manus Island etc. since they have certainly been mistreated. I thin a lot of,people have become psychotic due to drug abuse especially with some of the drugs available now which seem worse than the ones taken in the past. A similar attack happened in Melbourne earlier this year. We haven’t had a car rampage attack here in Sydney yet but it seems they are becoming more and more frequent all over the world doesn’t it... by mentally disturbed blokes in Melbourne at least but who don’t appear to be connected with any terrorist groups....
Do Quy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Gunmen Attack Coptic Church Near Cairo, Killing Several Reply with quote

Gunmen Attack Coptic Church Near Cairo, Killing Several

Gunmen attacked a Coptic Christian church near Cairo on Friday, killing at least nine people, Reuters reports. The two attackers opened fire near the entrance to the church, which was guarded by Egyptian police officers ahead of the Orthodox Christmas celebrations next week. At least three police are among the dead, reports indicate. State television said one attacker was killed by security forces and a second was captured. Islamist militants have claimed responsibility for multiple attacks on Egypt’s large Christian minority in recent years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-security/gunmen-attack-church-near-cairo-killing-nine-ministry-idUSKBN1EN0SX?via=newsletter&source=CSAMedition
NP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Kabul Hotel Siege Ends After 13 Hours Reply with quote

UNDER ATTACK
Kabul Hotel Siege Ends After 13 Hours
At least 18 people were killed.

A 13-hour siege at Kabul’s International Hotel in the Afghan capital came to an end on Sunday morning. At least 18 people were killed in the attack, according to the interior ministry. The Taliban claim responsibility, while the government said the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network was to blame. Militants dressed in army uniforms stormed the hotel, causing dozens to evacuate before the building caught on fire.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kabul-hotel-siege-ends-after-13-hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: