AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
9/11 - Fifteen years! - Sixteen now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: A solitary candle to remember Reply with quote

A solitary candle in remembrance
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: From 9/11 to Hurricane Irma Reply with quote

From 9/11 to Hurricane Irma
Even as remembrance ceremonies were cancelled with Hurricane Irma approaching, New York’s heroes joined others to help remind us how we can really be the United States of America.
BY Michael Daly

As the 16th anniversary of 9/11 neared, steel from the fallen towers of the World Trade Center stood impervious to the roaring wind and lashing rain and surging sea at dozens of memorials in Florida’s hurricane zone.

One of the larger pieces was 35-foot Beam C-46 from the South Tower, now the centerpiece of the Patriot Memorial in the town of Wellington. The people who worked on this place of remembrance included retired New York City rescue medic Mark Harris, who was buried in the rubble and nearly killed when the South Tower came down on Sept. 11, 2001. He had dug himself out and immediately set to saving whomever he could.

In 2010, Harris settled in Palm Beach County and went to work as an EMS liaison with Delray Medical Center. That was the same year that Beam C-46 was transported from Hanger 17 at Kennedy Airport, where the World Trade Center steel was stored. An oversize truck carried it more than 1,200 miles to Wellington.

The column stood in the Florida sun on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, when the first annual parade and remembrance was held at Wellington’s new memorial, one of six in Palm Beach County.

Harris spoke there at the 15th anniversary, but he subsequently fell ill with a rare cancer that was said by a FDNY EMS to be “100 percent related” to his exposure to the toxins at ground zero on 9/11. He died on May 13, and his coffin was brought to the Patriot Memorial for a special remembrance ceremony.

“Why does God give him sickness and let him suffer?” his wife, Brandi Harris, asked when addressing the mourners.

Had he survived, Harris no doubt would have brought the spirit of the 9/11 first responders to the rescue effort in the face of a monster storm projected to be so destructive that ISIS was calling it “a friend of Allah.” He would have been joined in the hurricane zone by the members of the FDNY and NYPD who comprise Urban Search and Rescue New York Task Force 1.

Read more:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/from-ground-zero-to-the-eye-of-the-storm-2?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: How Did Trump Remember 9/11? Reply with quote

How Did Trump Remember 9/11?

https://youtu.be/_c0wOXVTtXE

I like this comment that was posted under the video. I rather agree with the poster.

Quote:
I'm actually glad Trump didn't tweet on 9/11. He would've tweeted something ridiculous, like the size of the crowd at the memorial. "Look at the memorial crowd. I have a huge crowd, paying their respects to 9/11 victims, and praising me. I could've stopped 9/11." That's the kind of tweet he would've sent out.

Angela

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: 16 years... Reply with quote

A little late... But still relevant!

https://vimeo.com/241280984

Angelina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Comment on "16 Years" Reply with quote

I find this diatribe very exaggerated, and very one-sided. Typical far-right conservative, with a number of half-truths in it. Nobody is against "vetting" the immigrants. You may recall that I myself am against the Open Arms policy like they have (or had) in Europe. Of course there should be vetting of immigrants/refugees, etc.

The football thing has nothing to do with 9/11. As far as I know, nobody has forgotten that terrible day. That's not a sufficient reason for applying unconstitutional executive orders à la Trump.

In fact, the bleeding heart liberals are worse in France than here, with the anti-Muslim stance. This doesn't mean one should open the doors wide to terrorism, but one shouldn't either get paranoid and lump all (colored) immigrants together.

One should even less ignore home-grown terrorism. No one, starting with Trump, seems to worry too much when the terrorist is white. It's just being passed over. Double standard if there ever was an example of it!

Some of the Whites are already turning againsst Jews (who, as far as I can see, are white too), like in "Jews will not replace us". I can see the time coming, and coming soon, when they'll turn against Asians (though, apparently, the white supremacists deem us more intelligent than the Blacks.... Rolling Eyes )
Angela

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Hey this was not lost! Reply with quote

I reposted the video then realized it hadn't been lost after all.

https://vimeo.com/241280984

Very strange how some stuff was lost and some wasn't... confused
Emmanuel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Tribute to the Twin Towers Reply with quote

It's the wrong date, I know. But I just discovered this song by Georges Chelon, which is a tribute to the Twin Towers and the victims of 9/11. I have to post it, because by the time 9/11 comes around again, I'll have forgotten...

Georges Chelon - Le monde a peur

https://youtu.be/FPZbKFBzpkI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: