AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Mystery in Song of Ice and Fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: When will we find out Jon's parentage? Reply with quote

I'm guessing end of the tenth book.

Maybe the twelfth book.

Yes, I know GRRM has said there wouldn't be that many volumes, but his books keep getting bigger and having to be split into smaller tomes!
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Lizzie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Sansa Stark Reply with quote

Winterfell wrote:
Sansa reminds me of a saying, "there are no victims, there are only volunteers". She's her own worst enemy... One has to admire her endurance, but she's so stupid sometimes. Every time she might have been able to escape or get her situation a bit better, she makes the wrong decision. Need I say more? Rolling Eyes

She has her moments. When she defies Joffrey and says "Maybe [my brother] will bring me your head", which earns her a beating. And then in the 8th episode of Season 4, when she lies to the leaders of the Vale, covering up Littlefinger's murder of his wife. She did it very well, too, so convincing with her tears, her hesitations, her reluctance. She'd learned dissembling well when she was at Joffrey's court!
Lizzie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: The Mystery of Jon Snow's Birth and Death Reply with quote

I'm bumping this thread up, since we've been discussing this subject. Is it possible to merge the two threads and have just one on this topic?
Asian_Princess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Merging threads Reply with quote

Lizzie wrote:
I'm bumping this thread up, since we've been discussing this subject. Is it possible to merge the two threads and have just one on this topic?

Unfortunately, Lizzie, merging threads is not possible on this board. LadyDragon has bemoaned the fact more than once. Sad
Mr. Write

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sansa Stark Reply with quote

Lizzie wrote:
Winterfell wrote:
Sansa reminds me of a saying, "there are no victims, there are only volunteers". She's her own worst enemy... One has to admire her endurance, but she's so stupid sometimes. Every time she might have been able to escape or get her situation a bit better, she makes the wrong decision. Need I say more? Rolling Eyes

She has her moments. When she defies Joffrey and says "Maybe [my brother] will bring me your head", which earns her a beating. And then in the 8th episode of Season 4, when she lies to the leaders of the Vale, covering up Littlefinger's murder of his wife. She did it very well, too, so convincing with her tears, her hesitations, her reluctance. She'd learned dissembling well when she was at Joffrey's court!

Sansa does improve with age and experience. She shows courage facing Ramsay, doing what she can to escape, then actually escaping after having instilled a little backbone into Theon. She can be as fierce as Arya - like when she calmly watches Ramsay being eaten by his own dogs.
Kim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Mystery in Song of Ice and Fire Reply with quote

Girl_on_Fire wrote:
I found this on-line. I had heard the theory that Jon Snow was actually, not Eddard Stark's bastard son, but the son of his sister Lyanna by Rhaegar Targaryen.

Well, now the theory is confirmed and the mystery solved. Very Happy

Jon IS the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna and, what's more, they were actually married (nice ceremony in the TV series, episode 7 of Season 7) which makes Jon (real name: Aegon Targaryen) not only legitimate but the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

Wonder how Daenerys will react when she finds out 1) that she's been having sex with her nephew and 2) that she's actually a usurper, the throne's not hers, it's his! Eek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mystery in Song of Ice and Fire Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
Wonder how Daenerys will react when she finds out 1) that she's been having sex with her nephew and 2) that she's actually a usurper, the throne's not hers, it's his! Eek

Especially as it looks like she's going to give birth to his child - who may or may not to be the Prince or Princess that was promised.

But if it is, the child would really be the rightful heir to the throne.

There is widespread speculation that Daenerys is going to die in childbirth... Sad
Winterfell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Will Daenerys Die? Reply with quote

Will Daenerys Die In 'Game Of Thrones' Season 8? 7 Signs The Mother Of Dragons Won't Survive The Great War
By Shannon Carlin

One thing's for sure, no one is safe in Game Of Thrones Season 8. Not even Daenerys Targaryen. While she's built her army and trained her dragons in hopes of taking back the Iron Throne from anyone who dares gets in her way, there have been signs all along that Dany will die in Game of Thrones Season 8. It's sad, of course, but there have been prophecies that seemingly predict her demise, clues that her power is bound to be usurped by some of Westeros' other major players, and... well, let's just say the power hungry don't often fare so well in the Seven Kingdoms.

There have even been some scary moments throughout the previous seven seasons that tease that Dany's ultimate fate might not be that different from that of her father, the Mad King's. The world Song Of Ice And Fire author George R.R. Martin created is a mad, mad, mad one after all. And it's a bit maddening for its fans, too, who often have the characters we root for the most taken away.

Since Game Of Thrones' final season won't return until 2019, there's time to re-watch the series and question Khaleesi's fate. But, before that happens, it's worth taking a look at the seven signs that could mean that Daenerys isn't long for this world.

1. She Lost Her Dragon
(Click on the link below for explanation)

2. She's In Love With Jon Snow

3. She Could Go Mad, Just Like Her Father

4. She Gave A Speech That Pretty Much Mirrors One Khal Drogo Gave

5. George R.R. Martin Isn't Kind To Conquerors

6. She Had That Vision In The House Of The Undying

7. The White Walkers Are Actually The Heroes Of The Story

There are many that won't want to see Dany lose her life at the end of Game Of Thrones, but these signs show that it may be inevitable. To be honest, it may not be a bad thing.

Read more:
https://www.bustle.com/p/will-daenerys-die-in-game-of-thrones-season-8-7-signs-the-mother-of-dragons-wont-survive-the-great-war-81039
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: