AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
To be or not to be

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: To be or not to be Reply with quote

To be or not to be - Shakespeare Live. 8 minutes of wonderful!

Performance by Paapa Essiedu, Tim Minchin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dame Harriet Walter, David Tennant, Rory Kinnear, Sir Ian McKellen, Dame Judi Dench and HRH the Prince of Wales. Royal Shakespeare Company.

https://vimeo.com/174434551

Herald

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: To be or not to be - Wonderful! Reply with quote

Wonderful, and funny!I laughed out loud a couple (or more) times. Every time an actor changed the emphasis on those 10 simple words. Very Happy

Prince Charles does a quite creditable performance! ten

At first I was wondering why this was posted in The Funnies instead of in Entertainment, but just a couple of minutes in, I saw why.
Angelina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: To be or not to be - Wonderful! Reply with quote

When I saw the title, and the cast, I didn't know quite what to expect. But it really was very clever and funny, especially for the linguists among us. Wildflower and her UN translators/ interpreters friends are sure to appreciate this!! Very Happy
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Hilarious! Reply with quote

That was hilarious! I shall never look at Hamlet the same way again... super grin
RavenStar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: To be or not to be... Reply with quote

A couple of things, outside the stress on this or that word, made me laugh. One is that, apart from Judi Densch, all the actors are brown-haired. I always pictured Hamlet, being Danish, as a blond.

The other thing is, in the comments under the video (if you go watch it on Vimeo itself, not just the embedded version here), one clueless guy asked: "who is the last actor?"

I'd have thought that, even in America, anyone would recognize Prince Charles. The Americans are fascinated enough with the British royal family... Rolling Eyes

Why is the name David Tennant somehow familiar? Didn't he play in one of the Harry Potter movies, or am I mistaken?
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: David Tennant Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
Why is the name David Tennant somehow familiar? Didn't he play in one of the Harry Potter movies, or am I mistaken?

He played Barty Crouch, the son, in Goblet of Fire. Smile

I didn't know he was a Shakespearian actor. But to me Prince Charles needed no introduction! Cool
cindy1970

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: To be or not to be... Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
A couple of things, outside the stress on this or that word, made me laugh. One is that, apart from Judi Densch, all the actors are brown-haired. I always pictured Hamlet, being Danish, as a blond.

Being blond is not enough a good Hamlet to make.

I once saw on stage Christopher Walken in the role. Physically, he was perfect. Blond and handsome as can be. But as a Shakespearian actor, he sucked big time. He recited his lines as if by rote, and worse, he didn't seem to even understand what he was saying. Put the wrong emphasis in the delivery. It was the worst performance I ever saw. dead

He'd have better stayed with movies like The Dogs of War or James Bond as a villain. bleh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The Funnies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: