AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
JK Rowling's new play: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: HP and the Cursed Child Reply with quote

Mimi and I just finished reading it. We didn't like it much either. JK Rowlings should stop writing about Harry Potter.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
inkling7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Other JK Rowling books Reply with quote

JK Rowling says she has other short books in mind but not about Harry Potter just about the Wizarding world and other characters... I think she should leave it alone too but maybe because Harry won't be in them they might be OK.... super grin
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Comment from Romione/Meesha Reply with quote

I emailed Romione/Willow/Meesha for her birthday yesterday and we got to chat about Harry Potter - since it was on CoS that the lot of us in this subforum met. I'd just like to share some comments with you.

I remarked that our members who came from CoS dropped out one by one with a few notable exceptions. I surmised that we had all moved a bit past Harry Potter. This is what Meesha wrote in response:

Meesha wrote:
I still love Harry Potter, but I didn’t care for the play – I got the script book for Christmas. I’m surprised she chose to retcon how time turners work. Of all the things she could have done for a story about Harry’s kids – just didn’t make a lot of sense. But I’m planning on seeing the Fantastic Beasts movie – my son said it was amazing so I’m looking forward to that.

Apart from Montse, it seems none of us went to see the movie - I had meant to at one time and then somehow it slipped my mind, and truth to tell, I've lost interest in Harry Potter, especially after reading the play...

Hopefully Meesha will come and post a review if and when she sees the movie... Very Happy
Willow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: HP and the Cursed Child Reply with quote

I haven't seen the movie yet. I'll probably get it On Demand.

The play just annoyed me. Time turners don’t work that way so it was really weird that, out of all the things she could have done for a story about Harry’s kids, she chose time travel. And she changed some things from the epilogue of DH as well. The play just doesn’t feel like part of the series. It feels more like fanfiction. Actually, I’m fairly certain I read very similar fanfic stories at some point. Lol

The books are still favorites for me and it doesn’t take much to get me rereading the series again. There’s been a couple of times I just intended to look something up and found myself starting at the beginning to read it all. I don’t go to the forums to discuss them much, but there’s not many who do these days. We combed through those books so thoroughly looking for clues to what would happen next, there’s not much left to discuss. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: