AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Find your vehicle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Find your vehicle Reply with quote

How to find your vehicle in a crowded parking lot.

https://vimeo.com/194942856

inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Find your vehicle Reply with quote

I love Donkeys.. and that was so funny... super grin
Angela

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Who needs traffic lights? Reply with quote

Ethiopia, Addis Ababba, Meskel Square.

Who needs traffic lights?

Wonder how many pedestrians get killed every year?
Most Amazing Intersection!

https://youtu.be/UEIn8GJIg0E

inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Saigon & Hanoi are worse Reply with quote

You obviously haven't seen the videos of some of the squares in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) or Hanoi with hundreds of motor bikes etc. and then try and cross those roads... It looks terrifying and according to all my friends and relatives who have been there - it is terrifying... super grin
Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Saigon & Hanoi are worse - Not! Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
You obviously haven't seen the videos of some of the squares in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) or Hanoi with hundreds of motor bikes etc. and then try and cross those roads... It looks terrifying and according to all my friends and relatives who have been there - it is terrifying... super grin

Actually, though you have to add the motorbikes to the mix, the speed is nowhere like the one in Addis-Abeba.

https://youtu.be/gKLWZjBu2iQ

BTW, Inkling, "Saigon" is enough for us on this site. We do NOT recognize "HCM City" as the name of our former capital. We're happy that on airline luggage tags, the code for Saigon is still SGN - NOT HCM, LOL!!!

Please never mention that bloodthirsty dictator's name (patriot or not, there were plenty of other patriots) on a site where all Vietnamese members are still loyal to the Republic of Vietnam and the yellow flag with three red stripes.

Back to traffic - Ditto Hanoi: Gridlock, but not breakneck speed.

https://youtu.be/W3ZvXo_pgKg

I also hear that Mexico City and Caracas are pretty bad. They say "Hay que torear" to cross a street!
Angela

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Saigon & Hanoi are worse - Not! Reply with quote

Vroom Vroom wrote:
inkling7 wrote:

Actually, though you have to add the motorbikes to the mix, the speed is nowhere like the one in Addis-Abeba.

Thank you Vroom Vroom. My thought entirely. Rather arrogant of you Inkling to assume that I "obviously" had never seen videos of traffic in Vietnam (true, I haven't been to VN). But I've seen video, and heard my Vietnamese friends tell of their stay there. The Vietnamese weren't fazed at all. (You sissy Aussies! LOL!) You absolutely can't compare. One is gridlock, you can cross a street if you nimbly weave your way around. Try to do that in that square in Addis with all those speeding cars. Your friends may not have been in Mexico City or Caracas...

Quote:
I also hear that Mexico City and Caracas are pretty bad. They say "Hay que torear" to cross a street!

That is true. "Hay que torear" is what the natives told us in Caracas, during a mission for the UN, when we tried to cross the street from the conference center we were working (and living) to the Hilton Hotel across the street to use their swimming pool. Very Happy We all survived, though. super grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The Funnies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: