AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Wise quotes from Confucius

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Wise quotes from Confucius Reply with quote

1. Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

2. Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.

3. It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

5. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: More wise quotes from Confucius Reply with quote

6. They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.

7. I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.

8. If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.

9. Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

10. Recompense injury with justice, and recompense kindness with kindness.
Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: More Wise Sayings from Confucius Reply with quote

11. The cautious seldom err.

12. The superior man cannot be known in little matters, but he may be entrusted with great concerns. The small man may not be entrusted with great concerns, but he may be known in little matters.

13. The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.

14. Things that are done, it is needless to speak about…things that are past, it is needless to blame.

15. Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors.
Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Five more Reply with quote

16. What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.

17. When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it – this is knowledge.

18. With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow – I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

19. Without an acquaintance with the rules of propriety, it is impossible for the character to be established.

20. To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short.
MadTimmy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: More Wise Sayings from Confucius Reply with quote

Lao Tzu wrote:
11. The cautious seldom err.

Maybe. But they don't get anywhere either!!! shameless grin
Xi`Trum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: More wise quotes from Confucius Reply with quote

Lao Tzu wrote:
6. They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.

7. I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.

8. If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.

Those three there are Greek to me. wonder

Quote:
9. Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.

THAT is very true! ten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Wise quotes Reply with quote

Seriously, a smart man once said to me:

No saying works in every instance.

Every since that idea kinda ruins everything I run across. I don't trust anything anymore!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Food for Thought All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: