AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Dragonriders of Pern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smurfette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: A question Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
Would a guy enjoy those two series, or is it basically chick lit? confused

Far as I can see, practically only women have read them and posted on the Pern and Valdemar threads.

I think you would, Nowhere Man. If you like fantasy and science fiction, good adventure and strong women characters. I wouldn't call those two series "Chick Lit".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Chick Lit? Reply with quote

Smurfette wrote:
I wouldn't call those two series "Chick Lit".

I wouldn't either. The battle and fight scenes in the Valdemar series are as good as those in Jim Butcher's two series (the Dresden Files and the Codex Alera).
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Nerilka Reply with quote

If you want to read more about Alessan then Nerilka's story is a good one, He only really appears towards the end but I think it is more than enough time to really like him.

I am going through the books in the recommended reading order so I haven't really gotten to F'lessan yet to form much of an opinion on him.

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: