AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch Game 2013 - Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Whomping Willow, don't make me laugh Reply with quote

How do you think I trained my Dragons to play Quidditch? super grin

Unfortunately there are penalties for flying that far from the pitch, otherwise the Jabberwock and I would cheerfully fly over and keep warm by dodging branches.

Snape is already watching me, for some reason. Maybe he has a mind to report me for experimental breeding, as Charlie seems to have decided that the Jabberwock is half Hungarian Horntail instead of an import from Wonderland.

Perhaps I should use my beater's bat and a random Bludger to send him on a trip down the nearest rabbit hole?

bunnie
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Whomping Willow, don't make me laugh Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:

Oh, now all is revealed!!! bleh
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Whomping Willow, don't make me laugh Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Laurelluin wrote:

Oh, now all is revealed!!! bleh

Well, that and practice sessions with Julia (witchsmart) and Dags. Only Dags liked to use Quodpots instead of regular Quaffles. Twisted Evil
The Turning Tower
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: The Quidditch game Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Well, that and practice sessions with Julia (witchsmart) and Dags. Only Dags liked to use Quodpots instead of regular Quaffles. Twisted Evil

Practice is all very well, but what about the current game? Is that Quidditch game dead on the water? No one has posted anything there in weeks. Where's Witchsmart? confused
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Game? Are we all frozen midair again? :( Reply with quote

I don't know where witchsmart is, webwise, but she's in college in New York (I think) and very busy with finals to judge by her facebook status posts.

As for the game I feel it's very much someone else's turn right now; I tried to address the Red Chasers and Seeker in my last post there, and thought I'd left it open especially for Bill or LesBlues to post the next move. But no one has continued after my ellipsis.
The Turning Tower
LesBleus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Game? Are we all frozen midair again? :( Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
As for the game I feel it's very much someone else's turn right now; I tried to address the Red Chasers and Seeker in my last post there, and thought I'd left it open especially for Bill or LesBlues to post the next move. But no one has continued after my ellipsis.

Sorry but I'm too new at this. I'm waiting for guidance from the old hands like you, Bill, Julia, etc. Don't forget, I'm not a Harry Potter fan and have never played Quidditch, let alone Dragon Quidditch. I have to remind myself of the rules all the time. Keep forgetting that there are several balls and not only one, and keep the names of the balls and players' positions straight.

Maybe with the holidays coming up people will have more time to play?
inkling7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

I too am new to this but feel I would unfairly let Cho Chang catch the snitch and win for my team....lol super grin
LesBleus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ game Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I too am new to this but feel I would unfairly let Cho Chang catch the snitch and win for my team....lol super grin

You might as well. The game looks dead in the water. Very Sad

I really don't know enough to keep it going, not when the old hands are all staying away. I had hope they'd come back during the holidays but nope! Vain hope! Sad
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Quidditch on Pottermore Reply with quote

An interesting challenge was announced by JKR via Twitter: Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: