AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
His Majesty's Dragon and the Dragons of Pern
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyanna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: The events on Pern Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:
The Hold protector are called watch-wher, at least I think that is what you meant. I also says that it was oblivious to whatever the warning is. in my mind this ether means that it will not affect it is therefor there is no point in worrying about it or the warning was meant for Lessa alone.

Watch-wher! That's it! That's the word I was looking for! Thanks, Stacey!

Yes all the goings on have to do with the passing of the Red Star through Pernese skies. They call it a Pass, with numbers (fifth Pass, seventh Pass, etc.)

There's a very good reason that the watch-whers didn't give warning, but I'm not going to spoil it for you by telling you that reason. Lessa's involved, of course. Very Happy

You know what, you make me want to read the series again. Instead of going nuts trying to find that series of books among my piles of boxes (some are in NYC, some here in CT, stashed in a corner of the garage), I may just order another copy. The ones I have have been read to shreds anyway.
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Finished Reply with quote

I have now finished the first book a nice read pretty predictable in the main story there were a lot of unpredictable bits in the details and in the subplots. For me it didn't really have an ending but I would guess thats because there are a lot more books to come.

Can someone please tell me why the different colors of the dragons? yes I get the hierarchy
Gold/bronze (depending on how you look at it are normally level)
brown
blue
green
but why can only bronze mate with gold? I have read the titles of future books so I know there is a white dragon that comes into it somewhere but I am not sure where or how. I am really looking forward to reading the next one but I have to wait till Monday when I am payed.

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
Lyanna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Pernese Dragons Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:
...but why can only bronze mate with gold? I have read the titles of future books so I know there is a white dragon that comes into it somewhere but I am not sure where or how. I am really looking forward to reading the next one but I have to wait till Monday when I am payed.

For the first question, you'll have to ask Laurelluin. She knows chapter and verse about dragons, including Pernese.

The White Dragon is very special, the only one of his kind. He and his rider came in to play Dragon Quidditch on CoS some years ago. The DQ threads were all deleted courtesy of Morgoth and his war against us... But there are still pictures in the two DQ videos our group made for the Advent Calendar. They're posted somewhere in here. I'll look and repost them here in a little bit. Very Happy

ETA - OK, found them. Here's one of the videos. I didn't have time to look through them to see which one has the white dragon in it. Singers are Gottriplets (PowerofThree here) and her triplets and Gaian (Santorini here). Lyrics are by Daggerstone.

http://youtu.be/2AX1wfkSU_g

Here's the second one, singer is Witchsmart, lyricist is FleurduJardin.

http://youtu.be/b3Dc5xMPr0o

ETA2: One of the pics is the cover of one of the Pern books. It's supposed to be Lessa on Ramoth. Very Happy
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pernese Dragons Reply with quote

Lyanna wrote:
ETA2: One of the pics is the cover of one of the Pern books. It's supposed to be Lessa on Ramoth. Very Happy

There must be at least three pictures in that last clip of Lessa and Ramoth Smile

Thankyou for finding them Smile

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: