AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch Game 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

Cedric: Ah, the Blues are attempting another Hawkshead formation. Hopefully they'll remember to veer off before they're too close to Keeper Weasley, or they'll be penalized for Stooging again!

Jordan: and they're passing like mad, reminds me of the classic '94 World Cup! Asteria to Rob, Rob to Mimosa, Mimosa reverse-passes back to Rob -- that fooled Fred, I mean George, I mean Fred, anyway the Bludger missed -- and now to Asteria again!

Draco: Weasley was born in a bin, He cannot block a single ring, He always lets the Quaffle in, Weasley is our King!

Twisted Evil

Laurelluin: Draco, shut up you slythering blithering idiot! There are not one but Three Weasleys on the pitch, they're riding dragons, and their best mate is right next to you! Do you want a Bludger hitting you in the face, or worse?
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: In the commentators' booth Reply with quote

McGonagall and Jordan turned their heads as the door opened and a slender, dark-haired, pretty young woman stuck her head in.

"Hello, I'm Lessa. May I come in? I'm very interested in dragons, I'm from Pern, you see..."

McGonagall and Jordan together: Pern!!! Oh, do come in! Where, exactly, is Pern?

Lessa: It's a planet a few galaxies from here. I'm a Dragonrider of Pern. You can see my Gold, Ramoth, over there in the enclosure beyond the pitch.

Lee Jordan: You mean you flew your dragon through outer space?

Lessa (laughing): No, we went between. Like Jaxom and Ruth did, they did play a Dragon Quidditch game with you a few years back, if you remember.

McGonagall: "Between" what? The stars?

Lessa: No, between places, sometimes times. I suppose you'd call it teleportation. But I didn't come in to discuss Pernese ways. I was wondering if you'd mind if I sat here, with the best view, to watch the Pernese dragons' performance as opposed to other breeds of dragons.

McGonagall and Cedric together: Oh no of course we don't mind, you're very welcome.

Lessa: Thank you.

Cedric: Just in time too, look at Firioth! Look how the wings bank in a sharp turn! Now that's flying!

Draco: It seems to me Tanith isn't doing badly either. That's a perfect Hawkshead the three of them are performing. The quaffle is a blur, the way Rob, Mimosa and Asteria pass it back and forth between them.

McGonagall: Hush! Look! Rob is in a perfect position to shoot.

Draco: Music Weasley is our king Music

Laurelluin, shouting from Jabberwock's back: Malfoy, will you just shut up!

Rob lobs the quaffle in a perfect arc, and....
Asteria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
Rob lobs the quaffle in a perfect arc, and....

Ron, unnerved by Draco's taunting, fumbles. He lunges but misses. Barely, but barely is enough. The Quaffle sails through the center hoop. The tie is broken.

Score:
Blues: 40
Reds: 30

Asteria, Mimosa and Rob come together in a three-way high-five (not easy considering the size of the dragons). Rob flies his victory lap while the other two turn back to the game.

Draco opens his mouth but Asteria shouts at him "Darling, don't!! I like your nose just the way it is. Don't tempt Laure! Besides, we should be gracious winners. The game is far from over."

Witchsmart has taken possession of the Quaffle.
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ game, Wingless Dragons, and Air flow Reply with quote

Asteria wrote:
. . .

Draco opens his mouth but Asteria shouts at him "Darling, don't!! I like your nose just the way it is. Don't tempt Laure! Besides, we should be gracious winners. The game is far from over."

Witchsmart has taken possession of the Quaffle.

Laurel, no longer distracted by the song that tempts the sane to mayhem, swings her bat at the nearest Bludger and lands a solid hit on Witchsmart's right shoulder.

Cho on Firioth flies back up above the rest of the action, circling the pitch but looking avidly for that elusive golden Snitch. Bill flies up after her, marking her instead of seeking the Snitch himself. Apparently there's still a bit of Cupid Dust in his eyes. luv at sight

Laurel, remembering his remark about wingless Chinese dragons not having to worry about air resistance, swerves around to block his ascent a bit. A powerful downdraft of the Jabberwock's mighty wings sends Firebrand tail-over-nose, almost somersaulting into the Vipertooth, Sirrush.

Sirrush lunges his nose at the other dragon and his rider, forgetting for a moment that he's muzzled and can't take a nip of tasty human flesh.

Laurelluin: Looks to me like wingless Asian dragons DO need to worry about air resistance at times, Bill! super grin Bill regains control and goes back to flying after Cho, who has not yet re-sighted the Snitch. Laurelluin turns back toward the game, to see who has possession of the Quaffle. Swooping past a hovering Bludger, she backbeats it at . . .
The Turning Tower

Last edited by Laurelluin on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Whomping_Willow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Come hither, little players Reply with quote

Why don't you all come closer to me with your dragons so I can have a little fun?
Rowena

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Come hither, little players Reply with quote

Whomping Willow wrote:
Why don't you all come closer to me with your dragons so I can have a little fun?

That I'd like to see!! Remember what happened to Harry's broom after an encounter with the Whomping Willow? Twisted Evil
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Whomping Willow, wait until practice time! Reply with quote

Not doing it. Not on purpose, anyway. Flying out of bounds is a definite foul, and the Slythy potions master referee feller has been watching me much too closely!
The Turning Tower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: