AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ Referees Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
I'd rather have [Cedric] as a referee than Snape, though. Maybe Snape could commentate... prepare for Snark and Favoritism!!

What do the rest of you think? Shall we have Madam Hooch and Snape, Madam Hooch and Cedric, Cedric and Snape or all three?

Snape as a referee wasn't bad though. Remember how he sent Daggerstone to the sin bin? That was hilarious!

IMO Cedric's too fair and mild, we already have Madam Hooch for that. Snape can (and will, I'm sure) play favorites as referee too. Granted, he did ban Dags from the game after she caught the Snitch and handed it to Draco, but it's not like he had much choice if he didn't want to be booed out of the pitch! Twisted Evil
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ Referees Reply with quote

Proud Puff wrote:
Laurelluin wrote:
I'd rather have [Cedric] as a referee than Snape, though. Maybe Snape could commentate... prepare for Snark and Favoritism!!

What do the rest of you think? Shall we have Madam Hooch and Snape, Madam Hooch and Cedric, Cedric and Snape or all three?

IMO Cedric's too fair and mild, we already have Madam Hooch for that. Snape can (and will, I'm sure) play favorites as referee too. Granted, he did ban Dags from the game after she caught the Snitch and handed it to Draco, but it's not like he had much choice if he didn't want to be booed out of the pitch! Twisted Evil

Good point on Cedric being a bit mild as a ref. I do think it would help to have at least one or two official commentators, though. Cedric might do, but he might be dry in the booth... Luna Lovegood was a hilarious commentator. There's no reason we couldn't have Lee Jordan, too; or even Ginny Weasley, who got booted off the Vipertooth at the last minute!

GA Peach, I'm glad you came. If you want to play, you need to pick a "ghost character" to boot off the roster before the game begins. (Or we could write an injury into the gameplay somewhere and Peach & Piccolo could substitute). I think at this point only the Keepers can be traded, as the Twins are a package deal imo.

Team One/Reds:
Captain and Seeker: Bill Cho Lover on Firebrand
Keeper: Ron Weasley on Norberta
Beater 1: Fred Weasley (Tweedlidum? Ginny? A Pernese rider?) on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley (Tweedlidam? Charlie? Daenarys?) on Holey
Chaser 1: Witchsmart on Anamaria
Chaser 2 Roar on Smaug
Chaser 3: LesBleus on Sirrush

Team Two/Blues:
Captain and Seeker: Cho Chang on Farlith
Keeper: Oliver Wood on Nimrauglir
Beater 1: Laurelluin on the Jabberwock
Beater 2: Inkling Julie on Diarmidh
Chaser 1: Rob Proud Puff on Firioth
Chaser 2: Mimosa on PhoenixFriend
Chaser 3: Asteria on Tanith
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: DQ Commentators and Players Reply with quote

Of course we'll have Lee Jordan, with McGonagall keeping a sharp eye and ear on him, LOL!! His commentary, under Witchie's pen (keyboard) was hilarious. Luna was priceless, we definitely should have her. Cedric can comment on the technicalities of the game. Anyone else is welcome to put in their two knuts' worth.

OK people, last few hours to sign in. The roster right now, leaving the Weasley twins and outing the other possible ghost players for Nessie and Holey, looks like this:

Team One/Reds:
Beater 1: Fred Weasley on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley on Holey
Chaser 2: Roar on Smaug

Team Two/Blues:

Referees are Madam Hooch and Professor Snape.

Official commentators are Lee Jordan, Luna Lovegood and, for technical matters, Cedric Diggory. Everyone is welcome to put in their two Knuts' worth.

Has anyone had time to make banners? Ah, we miss Lady Elven!
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Moar dragon pics Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:

ETA - Dragon pictures
Witchsmart, thanks for the pic of Anamaria. You and the other dragon riders, would you be kind enough to post the photos in your personal galleries here? (Go to Album, Users' Personal Galleries, then your personal gallery.) It will be easier for me to find them to put them on the banner by looking in the album's galleries than by going through several pages of posts on this thread and later the game thread. Thanks. Very Happy

I've uploaded two other dragon pics into my album, they are not my dragons but Megan Black's blues. She has trained them to play DQ, but she never got to play.

If we're using dragon breeds, Firioth is an Everand Copper, Farlith is a Pernese green, Nimrauglir is an Arda Ice. I don't know what the Jabberwock is, I guess a flying Toothed Nonsense from Wonderland. Everything is what it isn't, and what it isn't, it is. And contrariwise, what it couldn't be, it will be.
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
witchsmart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Time is getting short Reply with quote

The deadline's approaching! Due to time differences I'll check this thread for any last-minute sign-ups tomorrow morning, so if you want in, speak now or forever hold your peace (or just post a message on here and we can add you in as a sub)!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Time's up! Reply with quote

witchsmart wrote:
The deadline's approaching! Due to time differences I'll check this thread for any last-minute sign-ups tomorrow morning, so if you want in, speak now or forever hold your peace (or just post a message on here and we can add you in as a sub)!

OK guys and gals, it's past 3 am Eastern time, past midnight California time. I don't think we have any members West of that, so time is up.

Those who wanted to play and did not register, sit this one out and wait for the next game. You're welcome to comment all you want.

The game will start in a few hours, courtesy of Witchsmart.

For reminders, this is the current roster:

Quote:
Team One/Reds:
Beater 1: Fred Weasley on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley on Holey
Chaser 2: Roar on Smaug

Team Two/Blues:

Referees are Madam Hooch and Professor Snape.

Official commentators are Lee Jordan, Luna Lovegood and, for technical matters, Cedric Diggory. Everyone is welcome to put in their two Knuts' worth.

Do open a new thread for the game, Julia, please. With the pic of the Planning Committee and, for ease of reference, anyone who starts a new page, please repost the roster. Thanks.

I'm going to close this thread now. Comments can go in the game thread that Witchie will open shortly.

Your play, Witchie! I know you'll make it good. Very Happy

Let the game begin!

Official DQ logo (but don't let your dragon catch the Snitch!)
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: This thread reopened Reply with quote

On Laurelluin's request, I've reopened this thread.

However, since it's already quite long, I'm going to open another one, for comments on the game, and leave the game thread for posts having directly to do with the game itself.

I'm not going to split the game thread, though. Too much work...

Let the game continue! Very Happy
Whomping_Willow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: I'm bored! Reply with quote

There's been nothing to whomp lately. Why don't you move the quidditch pitch a bit closer to where I am so I can have some fun with the rest of you? It's kinda boring for a poor whomping willow tree here by my lonesome, ya know. Now that the Marauders ain't here no more to send Snapie-doo my way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: