AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Do you actually like Harry Potter as a character?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you actually like Harry Potter as a character? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Is TenderHooligan your sockpuppet on CoS?

Surprised

Nope, that ain't me. My only username on CoS was Alien_Visitor. I was banned, reinstated, then banned again, and I haven't tried to get back in.

Why, what does TenderHooligan think of the matter? Question
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me, Harry's my favourite character. Basically, because no Harry, no story. But even the people you absolutely adore can get on your nerves sometimes- all of my friends get on my nerves at times, my family, everyone I know. Just because someone can be a really irritating person at times, and a bit grumpy, set in their ways, whatever, doesn't mean that you don't like them. I guess that's the reason I do like Harry so much. He's not a 100% completely likeable character- he has flaws and can act like an idiot with the best of them. At times I wanted to give him a slap and tell him to grow up. But I feel the same way with my boyfriend, doesn't mean I dislike him!
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you actually like Harry Potter as a character? Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:
Laurelluin wrote:
Is TenderHooligan your sockpuppet on CoS?

Surprised

Nope, that ain't me. My only username on CoS was Alien_Visitor. I was banned, reinstated, then banned again, and I haven't tried to get back in.

Why, what does TenderHooligan think of the matter? Question

Mostly kidding, but it reminded me of last month's circular arguments on both the Harry and Ron threads in CoS's Legillimency Studies.

Tender Hooligan made one or two posts in each thread about how Harry is too flawless to identify with, basically, or if he does have any flaws they are so easily overcome, or so heavily balanced out by his gifts/talents/abilities/luck or whathaveyou, they don't really count.

Countered by endless whinging on Ron Weasley's behalf about how nobody likes him or notices him except to pick on him..

ShadowSonic quickly took up the arguments and rants, dismissing any possible argument that contradicted their point of view.

Because TH only posted once or twice, I wondered if TH was actually a sockpuppet. It's a typical SockPuppet maneuver, to have your sockpuppet introduce your theory and then take it up from there. Sometimes trading off, so it looks like at least one other intelligent person shares your take on a matter Confused Confused

I don't really think YOU have a sockpuppet on CoS, AL. It was mostly a snarky tongue-in-cheek post. I know sarcasm and snark don't always translate on the interwebs, I really should either use it less or find a universally accepted SARCASM!! Smiley. Some people use this
Confused for Sarcasm, or :-S but here the first is labeled "confused" and the second is unlisted.

No 'ffense intended, at any rate, good Alien!!
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: