AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Best and Worst Chemistry in the HP movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawkesfan1

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Best and Worst Chemistry in the HP movies Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
Fawkesfan1 wrote:
The Dursleys -- they played it pretty much how I viewed them in the book.

Except Aunt Petunia is supposed to be on the scrawny side, and the actress, without being plump, wasn't really scrawny. But yes, Fiona Shaw played her pretty well.

Vernon was perfect, though. super grin
Yep. It's all in how they played the character that really counted though, that made up for any physical differences.

Definitely super grin. Perfect mix of annoyance and malice.
Montse

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Best and Worst Chemistry in the HP movies Reply with quote

Best: I dont know if anyone will agree with me ,or if its only me who feels this way , but the trio as such really worked for me. I dont know if this was because I watched Ss before I started reading the books. But I really like how they worked together on screen. It was belivable.

I also like Harris Dumbledore and Dan. There is something between them that simply is abscent between Dan and Gambon Dumbledore.

Worst:
Now I myself am a proud Harry / Ginny shipper. I love their relationship in the book. But , oh dear me , how I hate them on screen. There is nothing going in between them but akward moments, fake stares and lack of spark.

I think in the film there was more chemestry between Dan and Evanna than with Bonnie. It simply did not happen. ( plus the relationship and how it was developed in the films really sucks )
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Dursleys in the HP films Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
Fawkesfan1 wrote:
The Dursleys -- they played it pretty much how I viewed them in the book.

Except Aunt Petunia is supposed to be on the scrawny side, and the actress, without being plump, wasn't really scrawny. But yes, Fiona Shaw played her pretty well.

Her hair was the wrong color, too. I think the text describes her as blonde, does it not?

Quote:
Vernon was perfect, though. super grin

Fact.

But appearances aside, the acting of the Dursley characters was spot on. I pictured more threats of physical violence from them toward Harry, but that's more on the screenwriters than on the actors/actress. Petunia can't throw a frying pan at Harry if the script doesn't say she did, and doesn't even give her a frying pan as a prop.
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dursleys in the HP films Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
But appearances aside, the acting of the Dursley characters was spot on. I pictured more threats of physical violence from them toward Harry, but that's more on the screenwriters than on the actors/actress. Petunia can't throw a frying pan at Harry if the script doesn't say she did, and doesn't even give her a frying pan as a prop.

Agreement

Dudley was good too, when he sneers at Harry or bullies him.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: The Dursleys Reply with quote

I thought the Dursley's were well cast too and was sad when Richard Griffiths who played Vernon and then did the play Equus with Dan died recently as I liked him in The Pie in the Sky TV series as well.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: