AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Never-Ending Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: The Never-Ending Party Reply with quote

Our Fleur had started this thread for the Lunar New Year back in January. From a Party for the Lunar New Year, it morphed into a Valentine's Day Party, then to what's now called a Never-Ending Party. The current celebration started for St. Patrick's Day a week ago, complete with another Dragon Quidditch Game, then a "ceilidh", which is a big song-dance-poetry party in the Celtic tradition.

As for the Lunar New Year, people now have a fashion show, and there is such a mixture of Irish/ Scottish/ Celtic - general Western mix it was already funny, and now it's funnier because some people posted Chinese and Vietnamese dresses. One member found it "a tad confusing" and posted this picture that made me laugh out loud.

PartyGoer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: OMG! Reply with quote

This is not "dâu gà dit vit", this is, dâu lân dit Scots!
Alien Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: OMG! Reply with quote

PartyGoer wrote:
This is not "dâu gà dit vit", this is, dâu lân dit Scots!

You should see this picture of Chinese guys in kilts! wacko

Did you know that there's such a thing as "Robbie Burns Chinese New Year"? What will they come up with next? Rolling Eyes
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: April Fool's Day at CoS Reply with quote

They do something like this every year, and we get suckered in, at least for a few minutes, every year.

This time, the only "skin" available is Slytherin (which is heck on the eyes, I hate it myself) and the Dark Lord Voldemort has taken over the site.

Several people, including old hands, were taken by it until the date finally dawned on them.
Shuttler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: April Fool's Day at CoS Reply with quote

The Shuttle wrote:
They do something like this every year, and we get suckered in, at least for a few minutes, every year.

This time, the only "skin" available is Slytherin (which is heck on the eyes, I hate it myself) and the Dark Lord Voldemort has taken over the site.

Several people, including old hands, were taken by it until the date finally dawned on them.

It was a roaring success this year, it's still being discussed fondly in the threads and social groups.

Last year was just "Bof!", I just stayed away until it was over. This year, everyone who could joined in, it was all in good fun, there were so many things going on between the Death Eaters and the Resistance, one didn't know where to look and post next. There was a lot of wit and humour, mock banning and suspensions, for once character-bashing was allowed and people just let their hair down and had fun. It was not the severe Mods we've come to know and "not-love". Wink I guess those with no sense of humour stayed away. wink

I don't know what they'll come up with next year, but this will be difficult to match, let alone top. very happy
Sirius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Yeah, it was quite something Reply with quote

People went all out for it, either "organizing the resistance" or simply have fun conversations, like Snape saying he'd just stay on the side and watch, discuss his tastes in music, and think of Lily. There also was a funny exchange where he retorted that his hair was fine when Voldemort told him to go wash it.

And then there was a bumbling "Random Death Eater" that had everyone rolling on the floor.

The problem with the "mock bans" were that the people were really banned, couldn't post on the site. First time I saw someone banned, I was taken aback. Then I realized it was part of the game, but it got to be a problem because the next day the Mods didn't manage to unban people who had to stay out, or use duplicate accounts. Seems like those, too, were allowed this time around. bleh
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah, it was quite something Reply with quote

Sirius wrote:
The problem with the "mock bans" were that the people were really banned, couldn't post on the site. First time I saw someone banned, I was taken aback. Then I realized it was part of the game, but it got to be a problem because the next day the Mods didn't manage to unban people who had to stay out, or use duplicate accounts. Seems like those, too, were allowed this time around. bleh

They'll be talking about this for months to come. Some people got new user titles and signatures, gold stars and the like out of this.

It's nice to see those straight-laced Mods let their hair down from time to time. super grin
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Look at this! Reply with quote

This awesome cake was posted in the Never-Ending Party thread to celebrate both Easter and the Dragon Quidditch game. You'll notice the colors are those of Gryffindor and the Pooka team. very happy

4Wizards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: The Actually Ending Party Reply with quote

With CoS closing down, they have renamed the Never-Ending Party the Actually Ending Party. super grin

MerryMarge, bless her heart, did her best to keep it going after almost anyone else had given up, and we from AV couldn't do anything because we were banned from the Quibbler before we were banned altogether from CoS. The last few pages are almost exclusively made of posts by MerryMarge. Fleur and the rest of us owe her a big one.

I wish she would come join either us or Arry's new site. It would be a pity to lose such a loyal friend.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Actually Ending Party Reply with quote

4Wizards wrote:
With CoS closing down, they have renamed the Never-Ending Party the Actually Ending Party. super grin

MerryMarge, bless her heart, did her best to keep it going after almost anyone else had given up, and we from AV couldn't do anything because we were banned from the Quibbler before we were banned altogether from CoS. The last few pages are almost exclusively made of posts by MerryMarge. Fleur and the rest of us owe her a big one.

I wish she would come join either us or Arry's new site. It would be a pity to lose such a loyal friend.

MerryMarge is a sweetie. I wrote her repeatedly to thank her and ask her to just drop it. Several members like Leah, witchsmart, Lyra, etc. (sorry, all the names aren't coming to my mind right now) did their very best before they gave up, but Marge never did. Her latest post is asking for a last big Hurrah farewell party. I don't think it's going to happen, but I appreciate the thought.

It's friends like that, that made CoS such a good experience for me despite the problems with Morgoth, Lanifiel and GertieKeddle. Ah well. As we said before, the end of an era. Confused
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Actually Ending Party Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Ah well. As we said before, the end of an era. Confused

Not necessarily. Between ArryGrotter's new site and this one, we can revive the spirit of those times.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: