AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
An interesting fact about October 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myosotis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: An interesting fact about October 2010 Reply with quote

An interesting fact about October 2010:

This October has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays, all in 1 month.
It happens once in 823 years.

These are money bags.
Pass them to 8 good people and money will appear in 4 days.
Based on Chinese fengshui. Whoever stops will experience none.

inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Money, money, money! Reply with quote

Aha Myosotis I see you received my email about this fact. Now hopefully we'll all come into some money eh! super grin
Myosotis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Money, money, money! Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Aha Myosotis I see you received my email about this fact. Now hopefully we'll all come into some money eh! super grin

Indeed. I was going to e-mail you after I posted this, LOL. super grin
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: How about a drink? Reply with quote

Isn't is about time we met up again for a drink? I'll be in touch soon.
Myosotis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: How about a drink? Reply with quote

By all means. Just tell me where and when.

Meanwhile, we can go celebrate the Mid-Autumn (or Mid-Spring for us here in Oz) Festival at the Meet and Greet Pub! Very Happy

And, dear Admins, we are not off-topic for once. Meeting for drinks is Food for Thought! super grin
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: October 2010 Reply with quote

In response Myosotis - if you happen to read the SMH and read our infamous Column 8 you will - as did I - find this about October's days and date - very interesting as may the rest of you..... super grin

Adam Spencer, of ABC 702 Breakfast, also has been asked about the dubious ''last October with five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for 823 years'' claim (Column 8, yesterday), and seeing as he's a dab hand with numbers, we hand it over to him: ''Obviously when October 1 is a Friday you'll get five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. But look ahead a few years to when you expect to see the next Friday, October 1, and because of the leap years in 2012 and 2016, the October 1 jumps from Thursday in 2015 to Saturday in 2016. Wow - clearly October 1 is almost never a Friday! In fact, October has five Fridays in 2022, 2027 and 2032. Well, it least it would have. Anyone familiar with the Mayan calendar knows the universe will end on December 21, 2012.''us Column 8 you will - as did I - find this about October's days and date - very interesting as may the rest of you..... super grin

Love Adam Spencer - very intelligent and humorous to boot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Food for Thought All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: