AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Quotes about Love

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bérénice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Quotes about Love Reply with quote

There is only one kind of love, but there are thousands of different copies. - French Proverb

Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. - Franklin P. Jones

Love is like water; we can fall in it, we can drown in it and we can't live without it. - Unknown

When a man of forty falls in love with a girl of twenty, it isn't her youth he is seeking but his own. - Lenore Coffee

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive. - Orlando A. Battista [This is so sadly true!!! Crying or Very sad ]

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have. - Sir James M. Barrie

Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato

It is probably not love that makes the world go around, but rather those mutually supportive alliances through which partners recognize their dependence on each other for the achievement of shared and private goals. - Fred Allen

Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable. - Henry Ward Beecher
Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
Bérénice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Funny Sayings about Love Reply with quote

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. - Albert Einstein (Hah, I love that one!)

A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox. - Woody Allen

A guy knows he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a couple of days. - Tim Allen

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

Most relationships are not made in heaven. They come in kits and you have to put them yourselves. - Unknown

Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both the ends. - Unknown

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell. - Joan Crawford

An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her. - Agatha Christie

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. - Samuel Johnson
Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
MadTimmy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Food for thought indeed Reply with quote

Never Give All The Heart by W.B Yeats

It makes me think. Smile

"He that made this knows all the cost,
For he gave all his heart and lost
."

On the other hand, they say "La mesure de l'amour c'est d'aimer sans mesure". The limits of love is to love without limit. And who said that love had to be requited for one to love? Look at Cyrano de Bergerac!!
Pungconk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: About breaking up Reply with quote

A break up is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it.
Pungconk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Excellent advice Reply with quote

If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

[Easier said than done, though!]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Food for Thought All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: