AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community
 
AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Battle over Battlestar Galactica

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The War Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nevermore



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Battle over Battlestar Galactica Reply with quote

Admin Edit: All - or at least most - of the unpleasantness in the BSG thread has been moved to here, the War Room, so that the debate on the show can continue in a civilized fashion.

Nothing in the posts has been edited or deleted.

Edited by Administrator on 5 August 2010


Wildflower wrote:
I quite understand the necessity for sex scenes, but you can very well make the viewer understand that two (or for that matter more) people are making love without all that grunting, panting, "French" kisses and the like. If I want explicit sex (which I usually don't, though I sometimes (rarely) indulge just for the heck of it), I'll go watch Deep Throat (boy, does that date me!) or an X-rated movie.

You're comparing nBSG with a porn movie? Are you serious?

Quote:
One thing we didn't like either is the lack of logic and discenrment in the leaders. I mean, for example, everyone, starting with Adama, knows that there are Cylons on board Galactica. And yet, when Baltar tells them that everyone tested is human, they believe him without question, and then Adama sends Boomer on a very sensitive mission.

He has nearly 50,000 people to test, and each test takes one day. He's started testing, what, about 30 days ago? He has tested about half a per mille of the fleet. So what's the probability of having found a cylon within that sample, given that according to Sharon there are only eight cylons in the entire fleet?

Who would you have preferred Adama to send if not Sharon, with Starbuck on Caprica, Racetrack and Crashdown on Kobol, and Lee in the brig? One of the nuggets? How many pilots of that caliber do they have? They didn't have many pilots to begin with, and they lost 13 in that hangar deck accident in season 1 alone. And more during the cylon attacks. Do you think sending out someone inexperienced who he barely knows and who wasn't tested would have been more sensible?

Quote:
And what was Baltar's reason for lying like that? I mean, I understand why he lied to Boomer, but I thought he'd at least tell Adama the truth about her. The fact that they took Baltar's word that the crew was all-human - really, what kind of leaders are these?

See above. He's far from finished with testing even the Galactica crew. He's tested at most 30 persons. Given the probabilities there's no reason to become suspicious because out of those 30 no one was identified as a cylon yet, let alone Valerii, who they've known and worked with for two years. And why would Baltar tell Adama? I think it's clear by now that Baltar doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Quote:
And now that Boomer has shot Adama, who's going to believe in Baltar's Cylon detector? Is someone going to call him on that? I mean, that's criminal negligence. And idiocy on the part of the commander.

Ehm, Tigh did call him out on that.

It's criminal negligence if a newly developed high-tech device doesn't work flawlessly in the first beta-test? Wow.

It's always easy to call others an idiot if you have information they don't have. He had absolutely no reason to suspect Valerii is a cylon. He's seen her military record and they've known her and worked with her for two years. Who would you suspect to be a cylon, someone new on board and in a sensitive position, or someone who you've known and worked with and who has proven trustworthy for years?

May I ask who else you suspect is a cylon at this point? And who do you think can't possibly be a cylon?

Quote:
Oh and on another point. Another illogical thing. There's this whole great fleet with I don't know how many ships and they only have ONE doctor for the entire fleet? In any fleet worthy of the name, there's at least one doctor, if not more, per ship. This is ridiculous. Rolling Eyesc.

What makes you think they have only one doctor? This isn't true. They do have more than one doctor. You'll even get to see them. But they don't have a surgeon on every vessel. 50,000 people spread over around 90 ships, meaning that the average vessel carries around 500 people. Many of them have not much more capacity than a large passenger airplane. Remember what the Colonial One looked like in the pilot? What the Olympic Carrier looked like? There aren't even quarters on these ships. On what passenger airplane of that size is there a surgeon on the crew? What Boeing 747 has even a doctor on the crew?

What "fleet worthy of the name" are you talking about? This isn't a fleet put together for the purpose of fighting a war, or pulling off an evacuation. It's a rag-tag assemblage of civilian vessels that managed to escape, led by one single military ship, the Galactica.

They have more than one doctor, and they probably have more than one surgeon in the entire fleet. But they have only one surgeon on the Galactica, namely Cottle. The entire fleet was gone, not just the Rising Star, remember? Why on earth would they have more than one surgeon on a ship that is in the process of being decommissioned and turned into a museum?

Seriously, I have the impression you are desperately looking for something "illogical" when a bit of logical thinking instead of jumping to conclusion easily provides the answers.

Quote:
Don't mistake me, though. We're enjoying the show...

Given how you've been tearing it apart for some days now you must have a peculiar interest for enjoyment... I mean, I don't mind criticism, but comparing it to a porn show and conjuring up inconsistencies and idiocies where there are, in fact, none... sounds more like someone who's determined to hate it no matter what.
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Wildflower



Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 6464
Location: Shuttling between France and the US

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: BSG vs. B-5 Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Given how you've been tearing it apart for some days now you must have a peculiar interest for enjoyment... I mean, I don't mind criticism, but comparing it to a porn show and conjuring up inconsistencies and idiocies where there are, in fact, none... sounds more like someone who's determined to hate it no matter what.

My oh my, nevermore, please don't be so touchy. One would think you'd written the whole thing yourself and I'd insulted you personally.

You totally misread me if you think I'm determined to "hate it no matter what". One thing I thought you'd know about me by now is that I'm a nitpicker, especially on shows, movies or books that I like. See how many posts I wrote, and how many threads I started on CoS about "inaccuracies, plot holes and inconsistencies" in Harry Potter. Yet I love the HP series enough to have joined CoS, or we'd never have met.

Crirticizing something doesn't mean you don't like it, it means you like it enough to see the flaws and that you like it "warts and all".

* About sex: I wasn't comparing BSG to a porn show. But I'm very uncomfortable with explicit scenes, some things can be shown with just a hint. If that's any consolation, I had the same problem with another series I like, "Charmed" - all that French-kissing on screen I just don't like to watch, and Charmed went nowhere near BSG as far as the sex act itself was concerned. What I was saying is that IF I wanted to see explicit sex, I'd go watch a porn show. I don't watch an adventure story, or for that matter an fantasy story like Charmed, to see saliva and sweat on squirming bodies panting and moaning. Now, on the other hand, in episode 5 of Season 2 (The Farm), I enjoyed the sex play between Starbuck and her new-found love. Not having seen the start of the romance in episode 4 due to my brother's carelessness in copying the show, I don't know whether I like the first sexual encounters between the two or not.

* About the doctor(s) - I'm sorry, but both my husband and I understood that there was only one doctor in the whole fleet. When Roslin first comes on-board Galactica, she asks for a doctor, and is told that the only one is aboard another ship. When Adama is shot, the woman who tends to him does say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a medic". So what were we to think?

* About Gaius and his machine. Of course we realize he hasn't had time to check everyone. But he DID check Boomer, and the lights lit on bright red. Yet he tells her she's human, and doesn't report that she's a Cylon to at least Adama. You may not call that criminal negligence but I do, and I'm sorry if that angers you. Knowing you have an enemy agent on board (even if she's on-again, off-again Cylon/Human and is actually good for the human side, but Gaius didn't know that, what he did know was what his machine told him) but not reporting it to the commanding officer is at best negligence, at worst treason. Aiding and abetting and all that.

If you're going to be so touchy and quick to anger, maybe we'd better stop commenting about that.

I still thank you for calling the show to my attention, my husband and I are so hooked that we watched one season in less than a week and are proceeding at the rate of 2 or 3, if not 4 episodes a day. But I'll stop commenting on it, not if you're going to blow your top at a couple of criticisms. Which, believe me, are nothing compared to what I hit Harry Potter with, so much so that some of my posts were downright deleted because, as you may know, the CoS Mods don't like it when you criticize the characters (especially never go up against Snape!) or the author. JKR can make no mistake, do no wrong, make no contradiction even if the illogisms stare you in the face.

We'll go on watching BSG but I'll stop posting about it. wave hello goodbye
_________________
My Most Prestigious Award wink
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
nevermore



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: BSG vs. B-5 Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
You totally misread me if you think I'm determined to "hate it no matter what". One thing I thought you'd know about me by now is that I'm a nitpicker, especially on shows, movies or books that I like. See how many posts I wrote, and how many threads I started on CoS about "inaccuracies, plot holes and inconsistencies" in Harry Potter. Yet I love the HP series enough to have joined CoS, or we'd never have met.

Crirticizing something doesn't mean you don't like it, it means you like it enough to see the flaws and that you like it "warts and all".


I don't mind nitpicking, what I do mind is finding "warts" where there aren't any. It's your reasoning that's illogical, not the events in the show.

Quote:

* About the doctor(s) - I'm sorry, but both my husband and I understood that there was only one doctor in the whole fleet. When Roslin first comes on-board Galactica, she asks for a doctor, and is told that the only one is aboard another ship. When Adama is shot, the woman who tends to him does say "I'm not a doctor, I'm a medic". So what were we to think?

She came from the Colonial One, which is much like a Boing 747, and doesn't even have quarters, let alone a sickbay. She asked if there was a doctor on the Galactica. The only doctor aboard the Galactica was Cottle, and I ask you again why on earth they should have more than one doctor aboard that ship which was in the process of being turned in a museum?

Quote:
* About Gaius and his machine. Of course we realize he hasn't had time to check everyone. But he DID check Boomer, and the lights lit on bright red. Yet he tells her she's human, and doesn't report that she's a Cylon to at least Adama. You may not call that criminal negligence but I do, and I'm sorry if that angers you. Knowing you have an enemy agent on board (even if she's on-again, off-again Cylon/Human and is actually good for the human side, but Gaius didn't know that, what he did know was what his machine told him) but not reporting it to the commanding officer is at best negligence, at worst treason. Aiding and abetting and all that.

No, you don't understand. There is no reason for Adama or Tigh to call him out for criminal negligence, because they don't know he's tested Boomer positive. So how can they call him out for criminal negligence based on what he tells them, which is that it was a flawed beta-test? What's more, where's the idiocy in this?

Quote:
If you're going to be so touchy and quick to anger, maybe we'd better stop commenting about that.

Like I said, I don't mind criticism but what I do mind is if someone blames their own flawed logic on the authors, and calls the story illogical and idiotic as a result.

Quote:
We'll go on watching BSG but I'll stop posting about it. wave hello goodbye

As you wish, if you have a problem with having pointed out the lack of logic in your reasoning, or with my disagreement with what you think.
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Wildflower



Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 6464
Location: Shuttling between France and the US

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: BSG vs. B-5 Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
I don't mind nitpicking, what I do mind is finding "warts" where there aren't any. It's your reasoning that's illogical, not the events in the show.

Warts are in the eye of the beholder. Confused

Quote:
She came from the Olympic Carrier, which is much like a Boing 747, and doesn't even have quarters, let alone a sickbay. She asked if there was a doctor on the Galactica. The only doctor aboard the Galactica was Cottle, and I ask you again why on earth they should have more than one doctor aboard that ship which was in the process of being turned in a museum?

The point is, he was NOT on board Galactica, not when Roslin came on, not when Adama was shot. And there isn't any evidence that there was any other doctors on the fleet, unless I missed it. Please tell me where there is a mention of another doctor, apart from "Simon" on the farm?

Quote:
No, you don't understand. There is no reason for Adama or Tigh to call him out for criminal negligence, because they don't know he's tested Boomer positive. So how can they call him out for criminal negligence based on what he tells them, which is that it was a flawed beta-test? What's more, where's the idiocy in this?

I wasn't talking about Adama or Tigh, I was talking about Baltar himself. Why didn't he speak out? (Please reread my last post on this carefully, it was all about Baltar knowing and not telling, not about the commander and XO)

Quote:
Like I said, I don't mind criticism but what I do mind is if someone blames their own flawed logic on the authors, and calls the story illogical and idiotic as a result.

Flawed logic too is in the eye of the beholder. I comment on what I see and understand. And btw, I didn't call the story idiotic, I called some of the characters so. Please don't tell me that Tigh is the brightest bulb in the pack and fit for command. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
As you wish, if you have a problem with having pointed out the lack of logic in your reasoning, or with my disagreement with what you think.

I don't have a problem in anyone pointing out if I misunderstood something, or what they see as lack of logic, or disagreeing with what I think. If I did, Seed, Inkling7, Le Saigonnais, even my co-Admin X, and a number of other people would have stopped posting long ago.

It's your misunderstanding me that I have a problem with, and as long as you're this angry, there's no point in continuing the debate. When you've cooled down, maybe we can resume.
_________________
My Most Prestigious Award wink
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
4Wizards



Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 88
Location: Grimmauld Place

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Wow!!! Reply with quote

Sorry for laughing, ladies, but this sounds so much like the fights between the Snapefens ("Snape is perfect, and he's the real hero of the series") and the "Snape is OK but he's not a cuddly teddy-bear who just needs a shampoo and a hug" people on CoS! super grin
_________________
Member of the Order of the Phoenix
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
nevermore



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: BSG vs. B-5 Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:

Warts are in the eye of the beholder. Confused

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. There are objective contradictions - and there are those in the show - and there are "contradictions" resulting from the viewer not thinking or not paying attention, or resulting from the viewers determination to tear down a book, a film or a show.

Quote:
The point is, he was NOT on board Galactica, not when Roslin came on, not when Adama was shot. And there isn't any evidence that there was any other doctors on the fleet, unless I missed it. Please tell me where there is a mention of another doctor, apart from "Simon" on the farm?

There is no mention that Cottle is the only doctor in the entire fleet. That's simply you jumping to conclusions. There are other doctors in later episodes.

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Adama or Tigh, I was talking about Baltar himself. Why didn't he speak out? (Please reread my last post on this carefully, it was all about Baltar knowing and not telling, not about the commander and XO)


As you wish:
One thing we didn't like either is the lack of logic and discenrment in the leaders. I mean, for example, everyone, starting with Adama, knows that there are Cylons on board Galactica. And yet, when Baltar tells them that everyone tested is human, they believe him without question, and then Adama sends Boomer on a very sensitive mission.
The fact that they took Baltar's word that the crew was all-human - really, what kind of leaders are these?
And idiocy on the part of the commander.

Lack of logic and discernment in the leaders is all about Baltar?
What kind of leaders are they is all about Baltar?
Idiocy on the part of the commander is all about Baltar?

Quote:
It's your misunderstanding me that I have a problem with, and as long as you're this angry, there's no point in continuing the debate. When you've cooled down, maybe we can resume.

Like I said, if you don't want to continue the debate, that's fine with me.
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Wildflower



Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 6464
Location: Shuttling between France and the US

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: BSG Reply with quote

When I said
Quote:
I wasn't talking about Adama or Tigh, I was talking about Baltar himself. Why didn't he speak out? (Please reread my last post on this carefully, it was all about Baltar knowing and not telling, not about the commander and XO)

I was talking about this LAST post, not the previous ones:
Quote:
About Gaius and his machine. Of course we realize he hasn't had time to check everyone. But he DID check Boomer, and the lights lit on bright red. Yet he tells her she's human, and doesn't report that she's a Cylon to at least Adama. You may not call that criminal negligence but I do, and I'm sorry if that angers you. Knowing you have an enemy agent on board (even if she's on-again, off-again Cylon/Human and is actually good for the human side, but Gaius didn't know that, what he did know was what his machine told him) but not reporting it to the commanding officer is at best negligence, at worst treason. Aiding and abetting and all that.

THIS is what I said was "all about Baltar".

As to the previous ones, they're a different matter.

Quote:
As you wish:
One thing we didn't like either is the lack of logic and discenrment in the leaders. I mean, for example, everyone, starting with Adama, knows that there are Cylons on board Galactica. And yet, when Baltar tells them that everyone tested is human, they believe him without question, and then Adama sends Boomer on a very sensitive mission.
The fact that they took Baltar's word that the crew was all-human - really, what kind of leaders are these?
And idiocy on the part of the commander.

Lack of logic and discernment in the leaders is all about Baltar?
What kind of leaders are they is all about Baltar?
Idiocy on the part of the commander is all about Baltar?

Guilty as charged on this, but these were not my comments I was referring to. I stand by them, however. The Cylon(s) had to be among the command staff, it just wasn't credible that everybody checked out green among the sample that Baltar checked. And he did check the people at the top. And it still doesn't excuse his not telling about Boomer.

Let me also point out that I was talking about idiocy in the characters, not the story.

Quote:
Quote:
It's your misunderstanding me that I have a problem with, and as long as you're this angry, there's no point in continuing the debate. When you've cooled down, maybe we can resume.

Like I said, if you don't want to continue the debate, that's fine with me.

I said I wouldn't continue to debate as long as you're this angry. I asked you to cool down, which you obviously haven't yet.

I honestly would like to go on enjoying the show and commenting on it. But if my comments, or misunderstandings (how could I know that more doctors appear later in the show?), lead to a fight between us, it's not worth it. You can point out what you see as my flaws in logic or misunderstandings without making your anger that obvious. You also sometimes misconstrue what I say, you know. And you forget that I'm just beginning to watch the show, I can't foresee more doctors or any other developments that come later. I can only go with what I see, and the doctor thing struck my husband and me right away. OK so we were wrong, but how were we to know? Confused

You also jump to your own conclusions, about me wanting to hate the show. If I did, I'd stop watching it. Or is that also "illogical"??
_________________
My Most Prestigious Award wink
Back to top
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
nevermore



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: BSG Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Guilty as charged on this, but these were not my comments I was referring to. I stand by them, however. The Cylon(s) had to be among the command staff, it just wasn't credible that everybody checked out green among the sample that Baltar checked. And he did check the people at the top. And it still doesn't excuse his not telling about Boomer.

I never said I excused that he didn't tell them about Boomer. I said it isn't out of character for him, and thus isn't illogical, either for the character or for the story.

I disagree that the cylons had to be among the command staff. The first cylon was a PR man. The second cylon was a civilian on the Olympic Carrier. The third cylon was locked up somewhere on a ship. The fourth cylon is a reporter. All of them were people new aboard, who the crew had never seen before. Given that experience, and given the command staff had all known each other for years, I think it's much more sensible to assume that the cylons are people new aboard. If I had to choose who to test first, I'd start with people like Ellen (who was a very sensible choice), like Billy, like people guarding the weaponary, like people on the Quorum, like people in charge of the mining ship or the prisoner ship.

You haven't answered my question yet who, at this point, you think can possibly be a cylon and who can't.

Quote:
how could I know that more doctors appear later in the show?

You couldn't know how many doctors there are in the fleet. That's just the point. Hence claiming that there aren't any other doctors in the fleet, and calling this illogical and ridiculous is simply baseless reasoning blamed on the writers. Not to speak of the claim that every ship in the fleet has to have at least one doctor, when it was clearly visible that the two we've seen were nothing more than large passenger planes.

Quote:
I said I wouldn't continue to debate as long as you're this angry. I asked you to cool down, which you obviously haven't yet.

1) I doubt you're in a position to judge how angry I am, via the internet.
2) If you don't want to continue, why do you keep answering here?
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Du Khach
Herald


Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 975
Location: Aboard my spaceship

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BSG Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
1) I doubt you're in a position to judge how angry I am, via the internet.

With all due respect, nevermore, your belligerent tone and insistent goading is enough for anyone with two eyes and a brain to see that you are angry - very angry, in fact, and not willing to give an inch.

I've been following this thread without intervening. It was obvious from the start that you feel so passionately about this series that you wouldn't take any criticism of it calmly, or taking the time to think about the basis for the criticism.

I've watched the first season, on and off and, sorry, but it did nothing for me. That's another reason I didn't jump in. But from the episodes I've seen, and objectively speaking, I can see Wildflower's point about the doctors. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's simply going with what you're being told. That's the way it came across, that there was only one doctor, that guy Cotter, in the whole fleet, and he was doing the rounds. That there wasn't a doctor even among the civilian passengers who could be called on in an emergency - as in "Is there a doctor in this room/house/ship?" - strains credibility, especially when it's the President who asks for medical attention, even if she says it's just about allergies (and swallowing that is kinda hard to believe too. Any medic or nurse can take care of allergies, if she asked for a doctor, it's that she really needed one.)

A number of characters got on my nerves pretty early, so I stopped watching. *shrug*

Quote:
2) If you don't want to continue, why do you keep answering here?

My impression is that she was trying to be courteous to a member and try to come to an understanding, or should I say a peace agreement? Once you got off your bad mood, of course.

And that's my two cents on the matter.
_________________
I'm just visiting this planet.
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
nevermore



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BSG Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:

With all due respect, nevermore, your belligerent tone and insistent goading is enough for anyone with two eyes and a brain to see that you are angry - very angry, in fact, and not willing to give an inch

Look, I don't know what your function is here and why you are intervening. ? One of the moderators?

My "belligerent tone"? My insistent goading? Laughing I've asked questions she never answered, so this is "goading"? Oh dear. I thought this was a discussion board, which has little point if everyone agrees with everyone and sings Kumbayah all the time. I haven't insulted or personally attacked anyone.

Quote:
I've watched the first season, on and off and, sorry, but it did nothing for me. That's another reason I didn't jump in. But from the episodes I've seen, and objectively speaking, I can see Wildflower's point about the doctors. That's not jumping to conclusions, that's simply going with what you're being told. That's the way it came across, that there was only one doctor, that guy Cotter, in the whole fleet, and he was doing the rounds. That there wasn't a doctor even among the civilian passengers who could be called on in an emergency - as in "Is there a doctor in this room/house/ship?" - strains credibility, especially when it's the President who asks for medical attention, even if she says it's just about allergies (and swallowing that is kinda hard to believe too. Any medic or nurse can take care of allergies, if she asked for a doctor, it's that she really needed one.)

Of course if you have no information how many doctors are there, just assuming there's only one and blaming your faulty logic on "illogical things" and "ridiculousness" in the story is jumping to conclusions.

It should be clear as well that Roslin wasn't asking for a doctor (his name is Cottle, not Cotter) for allergies if you have understood anything at all about the show. And the viewer knew that at the time she was asking. Blaming that on "incredibility" in the show is just another example of a viewer paying zero attention and blaming his own mistakes on the show. It had been clear at least half a dozen times by that time that Roslin had terminal breast cancer.

So every time you were on a Boing 747 there was a doctor aboard? One you would consult if you were suffering from terminal breast cancer? Who had radiological equipment for a diagnosis?

Quote:
My impression is that she was trying to be courteous to a member and try to come to an understanding, or should I say a peace agreement? Once you got off your bad mood, of course

Being courteous? Here's what I think. I think she has a problem with having pointed out that her so-called "inconsistencies" - and it wasn't just the doctor, but about half a dozen others - are simply a result of not thinking and not paying attention. Which wouldn't be a problem if she'd just asked for an explanation - which is what I usually do in such a case. But instead she immediately blamed it on the story being "illogical" and "ridiculous".

I've seen that many times before, viewers or readers who somehow seem to feel the need for "proving" that they are smarter than the creators. Why that it so, I'll never know.

Unfortunately I haven't broken any forum rules, I've stuck to dismantling her arguments and haven't attacked her as a person. So she's now pulling out of the discussion on the grounds that I am "too angry". I've never heard that reasoning for pulling out of a discussion from an admin before Laughing

Anyway, Wildflower, I'll leave you and your husband to find more "illogical things" and "ridiculousness" in this show, as well as others, and I won't bother you with pointing out your own flawed logic anymore wave hello goodbye

Admin Edit: The following was a response by Du Khach to nevermore. It was part of a post, I left the innocuous part in the original thread and am copying only the response to Nevermre's latest post.

Du Khach wrote:
Re: the scene where Roslin says she only wished to see a doctor for her "allergies", it may be in the pilot. But I'm sure I saw it, and nevermore shouldn't be so quick in condemning people for not paying attention when she's not talking about the same episode, or scene or whatever, and/or has forgotten the scene herself. What happened to freedom of speech? You can only talk about her favorite show if you say it's wonderful, that all the characters are perfect? I notice she never answered your question about Tigh being a smart superior officer fit for command. From the little I've seen of him, he's a wimpy idiot if you ask me, but I guess we're not allowed to say anything bad about any character in BSG - apart from Ellen Tigh makes Lady Macbeth look like Pollyana. Rolling Eyes

It also seems to me nevermore contradicts herself, first asking why Wildflower keeps responding to her, then attacking her for it. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
So she's now pulling out of the discussion on the grounds that I am "too angry". I've never heard that reasoning for pulling out of a discussion from an admin before

Actually, it's a very good reason. Someone angry is blinded by their anger and can't debate rationally. It's better to wait until they've calmed down to resume meaningful discussion. And btw, Wildflower wasn't posting as an Admin, she was posting in her own capacity as a member. She uses "LadyDragon" when she posts as Admin.
Back to top
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The War Room All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


kinSleek phpBB template created by and Copyright © 2004 Kinetix
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group