AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Peace Loving Democrats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Peace Loving Democrats Reply with quote

Lefties rudely disrupted a graduation ceremony where Anorld the Governator gave a commencement speech.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/15/AR2005061500290_pf.html

A journalist had an experiment. He wore a Bush-Cheney T-shirt and campaign buttons walking around a strong Blue Area. And then he wore a Kerry-Edward T-shirt and campaign buttons in walking around in a strong red area. What did he learn? Democrats are a bunch of rude, nasty, and mean-spirit people.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2108561/

There is a perfectly good reason why Democratic Party is loosing membership? Who like mean people?

Proud member of the NRA, HEMA Alliance, and the Cato Institute
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Peace Loving Republicans Reply with quote

Seed wrote:

There is a perfectly good reason why Democratic Party is loosing membership? Who like mean people?

Oh yeah, and all those gun-toting rednecks are all so civilized... Took a tour down Arkansas or Tennessee way recently?
Seed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pol,

I have been to the South, in fact I just deployed with a bunch of guys from the South. It is true that they are not sophisticated but they are not going harrass you for wearing a Kerry-Edward buttons. They are quite nice, in a folksy kind of way.

On the other hand, put a Bush-Cheney sticker in your car in a democratic stronghold and you can guarantee that your tire will be slashed or your car will be keyed. Democrats tend to express themselves in an obnoxious way.

Look at the Christian Right. You and I may hate their politic. But they are soft spoken people. Some of what they say is nutty, but they never get on your face and scream. On the otherhand, the environmentalists and the anti-war crowds will get close up in your face and call you all sort of nasty names (I happened to me).

Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents Reply with quote

Seed wrote:
Pol,

I have been to the South, in fact I just deployed with a bunch of guys from the South. It is true that they are not sophisticated but they are not going harrass you for wearing a Kerry-Edward buttons. They are quite nice, in a folksy kind of way.

On the other hand, put a Bush-Cheney sticker in your car in a democratic stronghold and you can guarantee that your tire will be slashed or your car will be keyed. Democrats tend to express themselves in an obnoxious way.

Look at the Christian Right. You and I may hate their politic. But they are soft spoken people. Some of what they say is nutty, but they never get on your face and scream. On the otherhand, the environmentalists and the anti-war crowds will get close up in your face and call you all sort of nasty names (I happened to me).

I beg to disagree, dude. I've been driving through New England recently and have seen houses side by side, one with Bush-Cheney poster, neighbor with Kerry-Edwards poster. No slashed tires that I've heard of. People in Blue States are pretty decent. Mostly they are educated and polite. They will call you an idiot for supporting Dubya, but they won't attack you.

Southern folks can be nasty in what you call their folksy way and harass you because of your color - if you're with a white man they'll jeer "oh, ain't it nice for Master to take Chinee houseboy out on the town?" Some Christian Rightists can be quite vocal, and foul-mouthed against liberals and women. I don't know where you get that idealized view you have of them confused

Granted, on both sides there is the extremists and lunatic fringe, but they don't represent the main body of liberals. Let's just say there seems to be more lunatics on the right than on the left, at least from where I stand, remembering how antiwar protesters back in early 2003 were harassed by police, hauled off to jail and otherwise barred from expressing their opinion in peaceful demonstrations. Ditto some Blacks in Florida who were kept from voting both in 2000 and 2004. I didn't hear of anyone keeping a potential Republican voter from getting to the polls.
Seed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about these incidents:

+Bush-Cheney headquarters in Orlando attacked by a union mob.
+Anti-Bush protestor attacks GOP committee chairman in Gainesville
+In Miami, more than 100 union protesters stormed the Bush-Cheney campaign office and pushed volunteers inside
+In Tampa, about three dozen protesters crowded into the second-floor office of the local Bush-Cheney headquarters where three elderly volunteers, two interns and a campaign staffer were working at the time
+Shots fired into a GOP headquarters in Knoxville
+In Madison, a Nazi swastika was burned into a home's lawn near where Bush-Cheney signs were posted
+Duluth teens vandalize Bush yard signs
+50 demonstrators supporting Democrat presidential candidate John Kerry stormed a Republican campaign office in West Allis
+William Kristol was attacked with a pie at Indiana University

There are more....

The sad fact is none of thess stories made past the local news - because it happened to Republican and Republican probably deserve it. Had they happened to Democrats, it would be all over national news. In fact, even unproven stories that allegedly happened to Democrats got plenty of coverage, but the above events with pictures and video did not.

And I have the link to all the local news reporting these incidents, some even have video footage. I wonder why they never show them on CNN.

Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seed wrote:
The sad fact is none of thess stories made past the local news - because it happened to Republican and Republican probably deserve it. Had they happened to Democrats, it would be all over national news. In fact, even unproven stories that allegedly happened to Democrats got plenty of coverage, but the above events with pictures and video did not.

And I have the link to all the local news reporting these incidents, some even have video footage. I wonder why they never show them on CNN.

Oh puh leeeze, don't get paranoid on us now!! CNN is second only to Fox News as for being pro Right wing! If they didn't show it, did you wonder if maybe they found the source wasn't reliable? It's so easy to fake "events" these days (remember the Jason Blair or whatever his name was at the NY Times?). You don't believe everything shown on Al Jazeera, do you? So why should we believe everything reported in a local right wing media?

Fact is, if it happens to Dems, it's underplayed more often than not. Like cops hitting on peace demonstrators that XP mentioned. Or some polling station in Ohio with 350 registered voters showing a result of 800 votes for Bush... The NY Times made a lot of electoral fraud in Ukraine but somehow incidents like that polling station didn't get reported, or got buried on page 20 or so in US papers.

P.S. I'm glad you're back, Seed. This site was getting boring without you super grin
Seed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source unreliable? Gimme a break. There are video footage showing Democratic activists trashing and vandalizing the office. Some people were hurted in the process. All those events are proven facts.

The Left is incapable of expressing their opinion peacefully. Every single anti-globalization protest turned into violent riots. Whole cities were destroyed in the process. The same it true of "anti-war" protests. They always degenerated into riots. Then they complained when arrests occured. Duh! Peaceful demonstrators do not turn over people cars and destroyed private properties.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: