AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Wise Quotes about Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Wise Quotes about Advice Reply with quote

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. ~Erica Jong, How to Save Your Own Life, 1977

Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it. ~Gordon R. Dickson

When a man comes to me for advice, I find out the kind of advice he wants, and I give it to him. ~Henry Wheeler Shaw, a.k.a. Josh Billings

The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Old men are fond of giving good advice, to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples. ~François de La Rochefoucauld

When we ask advice we are usually looking for an accomplice. ~Charles Varlet de La Grange, Pensées, 1872

Last edited by Vroom Vroom on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: A few more Reply with quote

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others. ~Author Unknown

It is more easy to be wise for others than for ourselves. ~François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld

In giving advice seek to help, not to please, your friend. ~Solon

No one wants advice - only corroboration. ~John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent

I never had a man come to me for advice yet, but what I soon discovered that he thought more of his own opinion than he did of mine. ~Josh Billings
Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Good advice Reply with quote

Toss your dashed hopes not into a trash bin but into a drawer where you are likely to rummage some bright morning. ~Robert Brault
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Food for Thought All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: