AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Saving YouTube videos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AvenueViet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Saving YouTube videos Reply with quote

If you like some of the song videos posted here from YouTube, I strongly advise you to save them on your hard disk, because they don't stay on-line forever. I had the very bad surprise of trying to play a song that had been posted here, and it had been taken away from the site. Sad

It's easy to save, go to www dot youtubeX dot com or www dot saveyoutube dot com, you'll find a window where you should paste the YouTube address of the song you want (do a "copy and paste"), then download it onto a folder on your hard disk, giving it a ".flv" suffix. You need an flv player to play them, you can download and install one for free from YouTubeX.

Then you can play and enjoy the songs or clips you like even if they're taken off line, or if YouTube is down.

Enjoy the music and the videos! Some are really cool.
Gio Bui Dô Thanh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving YouTube videos Reply with quote

AvenueViet wrote:
It's easy to save, go to www dot youtubeX dot com or www dot saveyoutube dot com, you'll find a window where you should paste the YouTube address of the song you want (do a "copy and paste"), then download it onto a folder on your hard disk, giving it a ".flv" suffix. You need an flv player to play them, you can download and install one for free from YouTubeX.

Those addresses are not valid any more. Now you have to go to YouTubeDownloader9 dot com. Smile
Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Saving YouTube videos Reply with quote

Gio Bui Dô Thanh wrote:
AvenueViet wrote:

Those addresses are not valid any more. Now you have to go to YouTubeDownloader9 dot com. Smile

Thanks for the tip. Difficult to keep up with those things! Rolling Eyes
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Thumbnais for uploaded videos Reply with quote

Contrary to what people think, Vimeo gives you a larger choice of thumnails than YouTube does. YT gives you 3 pictures to choose from, Vimeo gives you 9.

You have to be on your video page, click on "settings" on the right, then there's a menu on the left. Click on "thumbnail" and the 9 pics will appear. Click on the one you want, then on "save changes". The new thumnail appears immediately, unlike YouTube where you have to wait up to SIX hours for the new thumbnail to kick in.

Here's an embedded video. It's already been posted in another subforum, but I thought I'd post it here too, the thumbnail is pretty. Very Happy

Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Aargh, those people at Vimeo and YouTube! Reply with quote

I hope those of you who liked my videos did download them onto your hard disk, because Vimeo has blocked access to the 5 videos I had posted there. They didn't zap them, I myself can still see them when I log in, but no one else can. Very Mad

I had transferred some of my Cedric Diggory videos from YouTube to Vimeo, because on some of them, due to that fight between YouTube and WMG, YT had kept the videos but muted the sound. Here, Vimeo blocked view altogether, because, according to them, I'd used movie trailers (untrue, the footage I used was from the dvd itself) and "things I found on the Net". We of the Cedric Team did find pictures on the Net, but we "tweaked" them to make them fit our message, so they are, basically, ours. Gosh, I've had it with those video hosting sites! All the hours of work they cost me, and now they've all disappeared from public view. very upset
Internaute

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Storing your mp3 files Reply with quote

I've posted a list of hosting sites should you want to upload and share your mp3 files.

The list can be found here:
http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2047

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: